997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evolution Motorsports EVT 1500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:31 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
You have an absolute beast! With the speeds you're going to be operating at I'd recommend looking into some aero mods (if you haven't yet).

Thanks for the pics.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
AGREED!! 10 TIMES OVER!!

When my 996T blew head gasket it was down over 4 month to re-re and wait on bolt on parts etc..

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
The craziest thing about this build (to me) is the fact that it only took basically less then 5 months....with all that insane custom fab work, not to mention an engine build!!

Hats off to EVOMS. Seriously...well done guys.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
The craziest thing about this build (to me) is the fact that it only took basically less then 5 months....with all that insane custom fab work, not to mention an engine build!!

Thank you for the kind words Tom, Anthony, and everyone else. John, Matt, Al, and everyone else here involved put together an insane effort on this build to get it done--I say that as someone on the inside here who watched this come together. Everyone pushing each other to do it better than they ever have before. The care and attention that even went into the finish work and wiring that nobody will likely ever even see again was a sight to behold as a fellow enthusiast.

We have to give our hand to Anthony as well. These kinds of builds and projects are not for everyone, but I think I speak for the entire shop when I say it has been an absolute pleasure working with you, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this crazy machine a reality for you. Every time some major milestone came along on the project, about 3 square miles worth of Gus' pizza would show up in our break room for the shop to eat with Anthony's name on the receipt. From gestures like that, to hanging out with you, your girlfriend, and Ryan late into the nights last week while the finishing touches were performed, it's been an honor getting to do this with you brother!

-Sam and the EVOMS Crew

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 12-19-2014, 04:04 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Pictures look great. Excellent design and fabrication. I'm sure she has a lot left in her. I wonder what she would do in 1/4 mile and 1 mile.

By the way, 1518 whp is a very impressive number and it's more like 1800 at the flywheel. I think it's time to change your signature again.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:18 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well said.

I'll add that not only do these types of build threads take a year plus before there are any results---the threads often end with a bunch of broken dreams, promises and excuses with either a new shop picking up the pieces, or a project for sale.

Evoms and everyone hit it out of park. Its nice to know we have uber-capable shops that deliver.

I don't know Yumaverick except on this forum, but he is one of the good guys here. Very happy for him.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:58 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thank you for the kind words Tom, Anthony, and everyone else. John, Matt, Al, and everyone else here involved put together an insane effort on this build to get it done--I say that as someone on the inside here who watched this come together. Everyone pushing each other to do it better than they ever have before. The care and attention that even went into the finish work and wiring that nobody will likely ever even see again was a sight to behold as a fellow enthusiast.

We have to give our hand to Anthony as well. These kinds of builds and projects are not for everyone, but I think I speak for the entire shop when I say it has been an absolute pleasure working with you, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this crazy machine a reality for you. Every time some major milestone came along on the project, about 3 square miles worth of Gus' pizza would show up in our break room for the shop to eat with Anthony's name on the receipt. From gestures like that, to hanging out with you, your girlfriend, and Ryan late into the nights last week while the finishing touches were performed, it's been an honor getting to do this with you brother!

-Sam and the EVOMS Crew
Thanks Guys! Really appreciate the kind words. You guys are awesome, stand up, good hearted, and a talented group of people. Your hospitality was great, literally every 10 minutes you guys were asking us if we need anything. When Adria and I were driving home we were talking about how much we will really miss you guys. Good news is we have a long race season ahead of us and this car isn't going anywhere for a LONG time! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pizza. I've never spent so much on pizza without actually trying it LOL....Next time I'm there I've gotta order some...

Old 12-19-2014, 12:01 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
Pictures look great. Excellent design and fabrication. I'm sure she has a lot left in her. I wonder what she would do in 1/4 mile and 1 mile.

By the way, 1518 whp is a very impressive number and it's more like 1800 at the flywheel. I think it's time to change your signature again.
Thanks buddy! Haha maybe next season when I upgrade again!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Well said.

I'll add that not only do these types of build threads take a year plus before there are any results---the threads often end with a bunch of broken dreams, promises and excuses with either a new shop picking up the pieces, or a project for sale.

Evoms and everyone hit it out of park. Its nice to know we have uber-capable shops that deliver.

I don't know Yumaverick except on this forum, but he is one of the good guys here. Very happy for him.
Thanks for the kind words!

Evoms did great! The best thing is it's in black and white. Car dropped off 5 months ago. First day out sets a record

Old 12-20-2014, 08:54 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
fantastic build and thread. Congrats to all involved.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:53 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
youre an animal Anthony.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:13 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
This could not happen to a nicer guy! Congratulations Anthony you deserve it. Robert

Old 12-20-2014, 05:03 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Congrats Evoms and Anthony!Awesome build!That number is up there with the big boys!Very Happy for all.Joe

Old 12-20-2014, 05:17 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Breath-taking and once again you guys raised the rev limiter! Now I guess you need to hit 230 in the half next !?
Although not exactly what you were referring to, it did make me think they still have some RPM left in that engine with the solid lifters. 9,000RPM will be useful with bigger turbos as the powerband shifts upwards...

Old 12-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by rix
Although not exactly what you were referring to, it did make me think they still have some RPM left in that engine with the solid lifters. 9,000RPM will be useful with bigger turbos as the powerband shifts upwards...
He just meant congrats on raising the bar I believe. Yes, next race season when we slap bigger turbos on her the extra revs will definitely help to have!

Old 12-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on this beautiful monster build , a true beast ! Hope to be out competing with you at some of these half mile events soon with our 4.3L 997 turbo that we are now testing !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports EVT 1500