997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Bobby sent us some initial iphone video footage and we put together a short video for those that would like to hear this system...This is our SpeedTech Catless or De-cat 997.1TT 3.0 X-Pipe!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 08-16-2014, 06:23 AM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Bobby sent us some initial iphone video footage and we put together a short video for those that would like to hear this system...This is our SpeedTech Catless or De-cat 997.1TT 3.0 X-Pipe! Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xt49Azz058&feature=player_detailpage
That sounds great! Nicely done!

Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Hey bobby, thats a real nice sound. Does your car shoot flames now?

I notice that your throttle response is faster without the cats. I may consider de-cat but i am really happy with the sound right now.

Another reason i may want to de-cat is because someone here mentioned in another thread about cats disintegrating after about 15-20k miles.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Here is some some feedback received today from a new, very satisfied 3.0 "catted" X-Pipe customer!

Hi John,

I had the 3.0 X-pipe exhaust installed on my ’04 911 TT Cabriolet last Friday and let me tell you I am one happy camper. You tube video’s and sound clips just do not do your system any justice. I knew the X-pipe was something as soon as I went to pick up my car and my guy pulled me aside immediately and had a little grin on his face. Originally he seemed apprehensive because he never heard of Speedtech and threw it off as some internet sensation. But now he is a believer.

He fired it up and all I could think of was WOW so this is what my Turbo was meant to sound like. The sound was raw, unadulterated and like nothing I have heard on the street. As I left the shop with a huge smile I noticed my Porsche tech standing at the end of the drive so he could listen as I drove off. My immediate observation driving the car was the noticeable increase in responsiveness and low end power from only a simple exhaust upgrade. Then I opened it up for the first time and, holy cow, the exhaust was so aggressive and loud, reminded me of the Cup cars I recently saw at the local race track. What an impressive piece.

The next day I went to a local informal gathering of Porsche enthusiasts. As soon as I turned the corner heads began to turn to see what was coming in. I parked and a number of 911 owners came over to praise the sound and ask what exhaust I had. I even had a number of guys stick around until I left so they could follow me on the road and have a listen. I spent the whole weekend cruising, enjoying my “new” car and looking for underpasses so I could really crank it up. What a pleasure. My family, including wife and 4 and 5 year old sons love the sound and can’t get enough of it. I need to drop the top so they can hear it that much more. The sound only gets better each time I go out for a drive.

From the cold start to the “gurgling” on deceleration to the aggressive and intimidating sound at WOT, we love it all. Thank you and your team for creating such a fantastic piece. I couldn’t find a way to put this under the testimonials on your website, so I will leave it to you if you wish to do so.

Regards,

Peter
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 09-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here are a few HJS cats that just arrived for two 997TT 3.0 catted X-Pipes about to go into production!

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 09-14-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
A variety of 997TT 2.5 & 3.0 X-Pipes in production for forum members shipping later this week! Two with HJS cats and three De-cat "RACE" systems...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here is a picture of one of the completed 2.5 X-Pipes with HJS cats...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
For the people with the catless set ups how do you deal with emissions?? I know here in NJ I would need some high flow cats to pass inspection and also less chance of getting your ***** busted.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
For the people with the catless set ups how do you deal with emissions?? I know here in NJ I would need some high flow cats to pass inspection and also less chance of getting your ***** busted.
Either o2 extenders or (quietly discussed) your flash tune can take care of it for you.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rix
Either o2 extenders or (quietly discussed) your flash tune can take care of it for you.
One of my corvettes was catless but the smell was annoying. Do the catless exhausts for Porsche have the same issues.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
One of my corvettes was catless but the smell was annoying. Do the catless exhausts for Porsche have the same issues.

oh youll smell it forsure!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by kchu221
oh youll smell it forsure!
lol yea then I don't want that. I wanna smell bad stuff I'll go change my daughters diaper lol I'll get the exhaust with high flow cats.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:51 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
lol yea then I don't want that. I wanna smell bad stuff I'll go change my daughters diaper lol I'll get the exhaust with high flow cats.
Doesn't smell with E85.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by rix
Doesn't smell with E85.
You guys want badder and faster stuff than I do. I'll be happy with a simple tiptronic with flash tune, upgraded intercoolers, and exhaust with cats. Call it a DAYYYYYY and enjoy the car

Old 10-22-2014, 02:24 PM
rix
You guys want badder and faster stuff than I do. I'll be happy with a simple tiptronic with flash tune, upgraded intercoolers, and exhaust with cats. Call it a DAYYYYYY and enjoy the car
"I'll be happy with..." - Famous last words

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips