997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Reading this post reminds me of almost exactly my thoughts and feelings the first time I up picked my car up after this same exhaust was put on!! Word for word is like he was in my head......

Glad to hear (no pun intended) that others share this same experience!

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Here is another 997.1TT X-Pipe w/ HJS cats getting packaged for shipment to a new owner. Below is the feedback we recently received via email from one of the last customers after installing our 3.0 X-Pipe w/tune:

Picked the car up this afternoon from my tuner. Had the clutch, cold air, tune, coilovers and the speed tech installed.

I cannot find the proper words to describe the violent and intoxicating sounds this exhaust is producing. It sounds 1000% better than I expected. I drove home about 20 miles from my tuner and I almost crashed a couple times from smiling to hard

Seriously, John. You are a maestro. I lOVE LOVE LOVE the exhaust!

-------------------------------------------

We have a variety of sound levels to suit all tastes from quiet and comfortable to loud and aggressive, all emitting our signature sound.

Contact us if you have any questions and for special Member pricing.

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 11-21-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
Great to see such positive reviews from others.

John, your exhaust is certainly a masterpiece. I have been running catless for a while now and to be honest, I will take my own sweet time to install the HJS cats you just shipped in! Its popping flames at the 3rd to 4th gear shift when at WOT and full boost
Thanks for the kind words, Sherryl! Yea, you will get shooting flames when running catless. If you install the cats, no more flames...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Reading this post reminds me of almost exactly my thoughts and feelings the first time up picked my car up after this same exhaust was put on!! Word for word is like he was in my head......

Glad to hear (no pun intended) that others share this same experience!
Thanks, Bobby. BTW, this customers other car is one of the best sounding Ferraris ever produced, so he knows and is accustomed to good sound!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 11-22-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
We just received this video today from a customer that did an 850 HP build on his 2007 997TT and utilized our catless 3.0 competition "RACE" X-Pipe with our 3" dual tips. It's a short, but pretty entertaining. The acceleration is violent!

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 11-22-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:00 AM
LoanShark is on a distinguished road
From all the exhausts I have been listening to from vids - this sounds the best to me. Very difficult to chose an exhaust that will satisfy ones needs especially concerning the Porsche TT. Coming for 2 Porsche GT3's & Gt3 RS that I had in the past - I was very let down with the sound of my OEM exhaust on my 997.1 TT - Try explain to the guy at the traffic lights why my Porsche sounds like a hair dryer because of the TT hahaha embarrassing some times. Currently running OEM mufflers but just took out the cats. Once I am ready, I will definitely be looking at the Speedtech 3" x pipe catless !!! I am really impressed

Old 01-17-2016, 09:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LoanShark
From all the exhausts I have been listening to from vids - this sounds the best to me. Very difficult to chose an exhaust that will satisfy ones needs especially concerning the Porsche TT. Coming for 2 Porsche GT3's & Gt3 RS that I had in the past - I was very let down with the sound of my OEM exhaust on my 997.1 TT - Try explain to the guy at the traffic lights why my Porsche sounds like a hair dryer because of the TT hahaha embarrassing some times. Currently running OEM mufflers but just took out the cats. Once I am ready, I will definitely be looking at the Speedtech 3" x pipe catless !!! I am really impressed
Here is one my brother took of my car as I was leaving his house about 1-2months ago.

You can not go wrong with John at Speedtech! When you are ready give him a call and he would have your turbo sounding better then your GT3, as you would also have a pronounced turbo spool sound to add to your GT3 sound track!!

Attached Files
Old 01-18-2016, 02:54 AM
LoanShark is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Here is one my brother took of my car as I was leaving his house about 1-2months ago.

You can not go wrong with John at Speedtech! When you are ready give him a call and he would have your turbo sounding better then your GT3, as you would also have a pronounced turbo spool sound to add to your GT3 sound track!!

Honestly cannot wait !!! It really sounds great !!! Thanks, I will definitely give him a call once I am ready. I just want to sort out the suspension story first. I cannot handle the OEM suspension anymore. Congrats on the exhaust set up. Really amazing !!!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks for the positive comments! We have fabricated several of these great sounding pipes in the past month and everybody is loving them.

Here is a quick cell phone pic of a ceramic black dual tip that we just received back from our coating company...the finish is a smooth satin black sheen, beautiful looking - the picture does not do it justice.

This satin black ceramic finish has become very popular.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 01-23-2016, 08:29 AM
csc427 is on a distinguished road
This exhaust is no joke. My brother and I both have the 3" race version. The sound is intoxicating. Most exotic sounding turbo exhaust I've heard. Agree with everything Bobby says about it. Thanks again John.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
You're welcome. Thanks for choosing our exhaust. I love selling these 3" X-Pipes because everybody that puts them on is so excited and happy once they fire up their car!

I agree with you, it is the best and most exotic sounding 997TT system I have ever heard as well and I have heard practically every system produced world wide. Glad to hear that you are so pleased!

2022 Cayenne White
Old 03-27-2016, 06:49 AM
KyRoGo will become famous soon enough
I just recently upgraded from a Cayman S to a 997.1 Turbo. I love the new car, but coming from the Fabspeed Race that was on the Cayman, I miss having a louder exhaust. I will say though, that I had a lot of drone issues with the Fabspeed and really want to avoid that this time around. Are you guys with the catless 3" experiencing drone? I'm wondering if the 2.5" would be a better solution for me, but I don't want to sacrifice performance in the long run.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. All of the videos posted in this thread sound incredible!

Kyle

Old 03-27-2016, 12:12 PM
dferym is on a distinguished road
Look forward to a full write up soon as I should get my car back Mon or Tues next week!

Last edited by dferym; 03-27-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:00 PM
I drive my car for the total experience and would not change my set up which is a Speedtech 3" catless Race set up with dual 3" tips. I love it and for what I do with my car ie. take it out for pulls and just the enjoyment of the ride I will not touch a thing! If it was more of a daily I would do Speedtechs a full 3" catless mufflerless set up (both the cat and/or muffler options increase the likely hood of drone) with the stock necked down tip to cut the volume and the very small drone. The reason for this would be if I wanted to mod to some more power 550+AWHP, being Speedtechs systems are modular, you can just get the full dual 3" tips later for a full 3" power house.

If it is 100% daily then I would do his 2.5" set up with cats, but no mufflers.

The great thing about John's systems is that he can make it just right for you with swapping different parts of his system.

Hope that helps a bit.

Bobby Ali

ba

Originally Posted by KyRoGo
I just recently upgraded from a Cayman S to a 997.1 Turbo. I love the new car, but coming from the Fabspeed Race that was on the Cayman, I miss having a louder exhaust. I will say though, that I had a lot of drone issues with the Fabspeed and really want to avoid that this time around. Are you guys with the catless 3" experiencing drone? I'm wondering if the 2.5" would be a better solution for me, but I don't want to sacrifice performance in the long run.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. All of the videos posted in this thread sound incredible!

Kyle

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 03-27-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Can I get a price for the catless with satin black double tips please. For an 07 tt and I assume these will bolt up to the FVD Headers.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Mapir,

Yes, will bolt up no problem with FVD headers and I have one just like that in stock. PM coming your way....

2022 Cayenne White

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arrived!! Speedtech 3" x pipe catless w/full dual 3" tips