997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ALPHA Performance 997.2 Intercooler Tested and Released!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mario911TS
Hello,

I'm a little confused on the Silicone hoses. The bigger ones, that have a smaller hose coming out from them, what is that? I don't recall seeing this on my hoses. Where does it plug or what's it for?

Thanks.

EDIT: Could you PM me pricing? I'm very interested. I've been holding off on Intercooler Kit for my car.
The silicone in question is for the diverter valves found on 997.2 , but not on 997.1 models.

The Alpha intercooler package is $4495.95.

please let me know if you have any further questions

larry@amsperformance.com

Regards

Larry

Old 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Mario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really nice
One question though Larry,

My car has stock intercoolers, but we recently installed Champion's intercoolers on a friend's 997.2 Turbo S. I'm guessing these silicone couplers replace the rubber hose that goes to the diverter valves? Because I don't remember seeing anything like this on his hoses.

Thank you! Just trying to clear up my mind on this.

Also, shipping now?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM
jwaked will become famous soon enoughjwaked will become famous soon enough
Hello,

EDIT: Could you PM me pricing? I'm very interested. I've been holding off on Intercooler Kit for my car.

Me too,

Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
One question though Larry,

My car has stock intercoolers, but we recently installed Champion's intercoolers on a friend's 997.2 Turbo S. I'm guessing these silicone couplers replace the rubber hose that goes to the diverter valves? Because I don't remember seeing anything like this on his hoses.

Thank you! Just trying to clear up my mind on this.

Also, shipping now?
I believe Champions uses the factory Y and our kit includes a cast Y.

They are in stock and ready to ship.

Originally Posted by jwaked
Me too,
The Alpha intercooler package is $4495.95.

please let me know if you have any further questions or would like to place an order

larry@amsperformance.com

or

630-549-8908

Kind Regards

Old 07-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Mario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really niceMario911TS is just really nice
The Y Pipe will work without any issues with an IPD Plenum?

Old 07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
The Y Pipe will work without any issues with an IPD Plenum?
We have not tested with an IPD plenum. I believe the IPD plenum keeps the TB in the stock location which shouldn't cause any issues with our intercooler kit and Y.

Regards

Larry

Old 07-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Sounds good! Sending an E-Mail shortly! no custom color Silicone hoses?

Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Sounds good! Sending an E-Mail shortly! no custom color Silicone hoses?
We're sorry, but we don't offer any color options for the silicone.

Larry

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks very impressive. 24 fins per inch is too. What is the weight of each IC?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Awesome product

Last edited by w00zy; 08-07-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AMS

Our test vehicle experiences a remarkable decrease in IAT's throughout each gear with just the installation of the Alpha Performance 997.2TT Intercooler System.

With that kind of IAT reduction on the dyno, which will usually read higher than actual street testing, I think it is safe to assume that real world IAT reduction will be even better.

Nice product!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Stage7
Looks very impressive. 24 fins per inch is too. What is the weight of each IC?
thank you

16.7 lbs per IC only

Originally Posted by w00zy
the new price makes me cry
PM sent

Originally Posted by vrybad
With that kind of IAT reduction on the dyno, which will usually read higher than actual street testing, I think it is safe to assume that real world IAT reduction will be even better.

Nice product!
yes that is correct

thanks for the kind words

Larry

Old 07-21-2014, 08:09 AM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vrybad
I thought the same thing until i started logging on the street/track. Unfortunately I've found dynos tell very little about intercooler performance which is why I'm eager to see logs in a relevant environment. Im sure they'll do fine though.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by earl3
I thought the same thing until i started logging on the street/track. Unfortunately I've found dynos tell very little about intercooler performance which is why I'm eager to see logs in a relevant environment. Im sure they'll do fine though.
I'm surprised to hear that. The dyno facility lacks the air flow as seen on the road even though we have a great fan setup to simulate driving. The air flow across the intercoolers seen on the road at speed would surely offer greater cooling compared to fans on the dyno.

Regards

Larry

Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
jwaked will become famous soon enoughjwaked will become famous soon enough
Hello Larry,

I am ready now for intercooler upgrade. Just quick questions.

1. Have the Softronic tune with EP Exhaust and IPD plenum, Any changes need to be made?
2. Does the kit bring everything needed for the install?

Thanks
Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALPHA Performance 997.2 Intercooler Tested and Released!