997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tuner/Customer Accomplishments Using the Cobb Accessport!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Tuner/Customer Accomplishments Using the Cobb Accessport!

Since we released the Accessport for the Porsche we have had a great reaction from both tuners and customers alike. We are so happy at how well the product has done, so I wanted to be sure that we show a few of the accomplishments of some of these guys, because without you guys we could not do this.

AMS Performance

No surprise here that these guys have already been able to do big things using the AP. They have started their Alpha 10 kit development and the gains are great. I will leave it to them to give more specifics ( look for them soon)

But they were able to get it on the dyno and to the drag strip. Here are the results:

Time Slip from the Chicago Half Mile:

Dyno Chart:

Calvo Motorsports

Antonio Calvo actually used to work for us at Cobb. He decided to pursue his own shop and do some custom fabrication stuff. This is his customers car Amir. It is a beautiful car, that was purschased from the east coast. We just retuned the car on ID2000’s for the ethanol. This car made 900WHP at 29psi. ( Boost controller was maxed out)

Time slip from Austin Half Mile:

X Performance

The next tuner is one from the middle east. Faisal has been tuning lots of Porsche’s with the AP and had great success. He recently did one on ID2000’s that made great power and drove really well!

This was done in 120F heat! Pretty impressive. He thinks with some new filters and cool weather he will be able to surpass 1000WHP.

proTUNING Freaks

These guys have just started to tune Porsche’s but so far they have done great! I look forward to what they can do! I just saw I think this is a stock turbo pump gas record! Great job guys!

BBI
Not much I can say about BBI that most people don’t already know. They are an amazing shop filled with amazing people and build amazing cars. They really are top notch and it has been great doing development with them, and to become friends with them.

A few of the things that have been done with their help:

1st place in the Optima Street Car Challenge, while we were testing the 997.2 software at Laguna Seca:

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...y-laguna-seca/

Drag Testing:

Look forward to more fast cars coming out of there shop very soon!

Kong

Some of you guys may know Kong. He owns about every cool car there is it seems. He has a very beautiful 997.1 with bigger turbos and ID1000’s that we tuned for him way back. This car is a true testament to Porsche engineering because this car was making 750 at 20psi and then they would turn it up for more power from time to time. Motor ran great never an issue. Really a great car.

Here he is racing Black Horse Turbo in the half mile (Another beautiful car!)

Kong really put that car through the paces and did well racing it! Looking forward to more fuel and more power soon!

Webcarconnection
I am sure a lot of you guys have seen him post. I am very happy to have him as a customer it has been great to tune his car.

Recently he went to DR to run the car but they cancelled the event so instead, he did this :

Hopefully they will get to turn the power up soon! I will see you guys soon I am sure.

There are a few more that I am looking to get permission from to post up.

Just wanted to take a second and say thank you to the Porsche community, it really is a pleasure to deal with you guys and I look forward to what’s to come! If I missed anyone please feel free to post up! As always if anyone has questions feel free to let me know!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 07-17-2014, 09:11 AM
antoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to all
I had a blast at the 1/2 mile, thank you for all the support Mitch! Besides a random o2 sensor going out, and me just having a random one on me we were able to run the rest of the day problem free! Amirs car is getting torn down next month for some real power

Old 07-17-2014, 12:00 PM
kongstang is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Cobb (Mitch & gang). I got some cars to run in a little

Old 07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Mitch! We are very happy with the Cobb AP unit for the 997.1 and 997.2.

Appreciate the kind words!

Eric

Old 07-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Mitch!

While we are certainly new to Porsche tuning we are looking forward to doing our best to provide quality custom tuning to the Porsche community without a compromise and with a satisfaction guarantee that we have always offered to the BMW enthusiasts.

Being the largest custom BMW Cobb protuner we have had the pleasure of tuning many street, drag as well as road course duty BMWs all over the World in the last few years covering all sorts of climates/ambients. Our passion towards tuning without compromise, our experience and dedication to our customers is what we hope the Porsche community will find useful as we move forward. Really looking forward to unlocking full potential with the OEM DME and further added features on both the 997.1 and 997.2 platforms in the days to come.

Dzenno@PTF

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 07-17-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kongstang
Thanks, Cobb (Mitch & gang). I got some cars to run in a little
I can't wait to tune your car Kong, it is going to be a monster.

I have a couple more I am going to post up in the next day or so.

Thanks for all the support guys!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Mitch;

thanks for everything bro, see you soon in Caribbean Paradise

Old 07-18-2014, 04:05 PM
MBA
MBA is on a distinguished road
Wow good numbers, these are all on stock motor? Very good either way!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
All are on the stock motor minus AMS their block has just rods in it.

-Mitch

Old 07-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Faisaldashti
Thanks Mitch for sharing our work.without the great support we couldn't have made it.

The Porsche AP is the way to go.

Our car also has rods and pistons.thought i told you that.

More to come

Thanks
Ahh yes you are correct I do think you told me. I am getting all of these cars mixed up

Thanks Faisal!

-Mitch

Old 07-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Wheel997 is on a distinguished road
Do you guys happen to have any 1/4 mile times for the stage 2 tune?

Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wheel997
Do you guys happen to have any 1/4 mile times for the stage 2 tune?
On both the 997.1 and the 997.2 we have cars in the 10's on just our off the shelf tunes.

I will post slips tomorrow.

-Mitch

Old 07-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
On both the 997.1 and the 997.2 we have cars in the 10's on just our off the shelf tunes.

I will post slips tomorrow.

-Mitch
That's awesome. I'll be looking forward to seeing them. It's flash & exhaust, only? No, IC's?

Also, how does your over boost function work when making a pass in sport mode? Will it stay in over boost the whole way down the 1320?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
We had a customer go 10.6 on just the flash and an exhaust. This was a 997.2 stock intercoolers.

Just had another customer go 10.9 on a 997.1 turbo at 6000ft, but he had intercoolers.

I will post the data tomorrow. As for the overboost on our maps we change them so that the overboost function works for 30 seconds. This can be changed to how ever long you want though. The way it is out of the box it will stay on for a quarter mile, as long as you get there in less than 30 seconds

Hope that helps some.

-Mitch

Old 07-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
We had a customer go 10.6 on just the flash and an exhaust. This was a 997.2 stock intercoolers.

Just had another customer go 10.9 on a 997.1 turbo at 6000ft, but he had intercoolers.

I will post the data tomorrow. As for the overboost on our maps we change them so that the overboost function works for 30 seconds. This can be changed to how ever long you want though. The way it is out of the box it will stay on for a quarter mile, as long as you get there in less than 30 seconds

Hope that helps some.

-Mitch

Yes it does. I do have some questions, I'll have to give you guys a call tomorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.