997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

any wheelchair users?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 03:05 PM
yiannit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
front is the same
Ok thank you, I'll ask my buddy to try his out

Old 07-21-2014, 05:31 PM
sunset gun will become famous soon enoughsunset gun will become famous soon enough
yiannit

2008/2009 tips, both coupes and cabs, from really low miles (7,000) to more reasonable,
probably "better" miles (16000/24000) are very available, with several in your area.
Money asked is all over the map. I suspect this makes it a smart buyers market.

I hope the interior volume available works for you. Such a wonderful car, so adaptable to one's dreams/tastes. Truly a magnificent engineering milestone.

Hope it works for you.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by sunset gun
yiannit

2008/2009 tips, both coupes and cabs, from really low miles (7,000) to more reasonable,
probably "better" miles (16000/24000) are very available, with several in your area.
Money asked is all over the map. I suspect this makes it a smart buyers market.

I hope the interior volume available works for you. Such a wonderful car, so adaptable to one's dreams/tastes. Truly a magnificent engineering milestone.

Hope it works for you.
I've seen a few I've 70k with around 30k miles. Haven't seen any under 20k miles within that price range. This weekend I'm going to take measurement and probably site in a 996tt which is same cabin size I believe

Old 07-21-2014, 08:39 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
A friend of mine has a 997.1 cab adapted and drives like a pro he puts his chair behind the front seats.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	397160  
Old 07-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by maverick997
A friend of mine has a 997.1 cab adapted and drives like a pro he puts his chair behind the front seats.
Do you know if that hand control is down gas and forward brake?

Surprised his chair fits back there, what about his wheels?

Also does his chair fit in the trunk?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
As I recall it is pull to accelerate and push to break. He drops the top removes the wheels swings the chair onto the folded rear seat and places the wheels behind the seat. No it won't fit in the trunk. He also has protective tape and padding to protect the seats and side panels.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by maverick997
As I recall it is pull to accelerate and push to break. He drops the top removes the wheels swings the chair onto the folded rear seat and places the wheels behind the seat. No it won't fit in the trunk. He also has protective tape and padding to protect the seats and side panels.
His frame won't fit in it? Does it fold

Old 07-23-2014, 11:36 AM
tufosi is on a distinguished road
Im also in a wheelchair ( I have a Ti Lite ZR frame) and have been debating about this for a while too!!. I test drove a 997TT and from the look of things I don't think the frame will fit on the trunk (at least mine, Im 6'3)... specially on the TT since those are all wheel drive and which I think takes up a bit of the room in the front trunk.

From what I can see the best option is to get the folding section of the rear seats removed (which is simple since all you have to do is take out the pin and the small back rest comes out) that way the area is more open. That way you can have the necesary room in the back to put the frame and the wheels as well when you are ridding with someone.

Please keep me posted on this so that I can see how this turns out for you.

Last edited by tufosi; 07-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM
There use to be a video on youtube of a guy putting in his wheelchair on a 996TT... that video made me realize that there is a way to do it...you just have to figure out what works for you since all chairs are different in design and size. Before that video I use to think that a P-car was never an option for me.

I just bought a house so I sold my Panamera S and Im driving a an older Lexus GS350 (not fun)... but I hope that in a year or so Im able to buy a 997-S or 997TT (fun!) haha.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by tufosi
There use to be a video on youtube of a guy putting in his wheelchair on a 996TT... that video made me realize that there is a way to do it...you just have to figure out what works for you since all chairs are different in design and size. Before that video I use to think that a P-car was never an option for me.

I just bought a house so I sold my Panamera S and Im driving a an older Lexus GS350 (not fun)... but I hope that in a year or so Im able to buy a 997-S or 997TT (fun!) haha.
Originally I wanted a panacea for the space, but my dream car is a 911 turbo.

I'm sure it'll fit in the back with the seats folded but having someone put the chair in and out of there will most likely tear the car up slowly

Old 07-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Just thought I share this with you too... There is a chair that folds down completly flat.... that would make storing in the back or potentially in the front trunk of 911 a lot easier... Im thinking of making this my next chair one day.... check it out.

http://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/prod...evolution.aspx

Old 07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
to be honest im not sure if the sport button on the dash affects the tiptronic, but in manual cars, when sport is activated, it gives the car more RWD bias, and makes the throttle input more sensitive, and it also activates overboost.
Same, and the tip is probably better for you because the up and down are buttons so you can fit your hand controls.

The tip is actually pretty close to the PDK, little slower but 3.2 sec isnt that slow...they both hold boost and the 6spd doesnt. So when shifting at 14psi the tip and pdk will shift and the next gear will have the same or close of boost. The Manual doesnt do that.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Also the rear seats are basically velcroed in at the bottom so you can get some room that way and maybe even build something with the rear shelf.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by sunset gun
As to paddles/buttons...PDK can be had with either. May have to get first or second-year steering wheel to get the buttons, but it's a straight plug and play deal.
No, you can't up-down on the same button, either with buttons or paddles, but perhaps a left AND right throttle would work ? Don't know your particular situation, but maybe
some throttle creativity would solve ( or alleviate) the gas/brake thing...good-sized proprotional-rate buttons left and right under your thumbs, just inside wheel rim ? I'm thinking of all the functions on open wheel cars these days.

Tell me a bit more about what works for you now. Must be an answer around here somewhere, right?
On my tip you can or close. its like a rocker switch. press up shift up, press down shift down. Its on both sides of the steering wheel ( maybe you can make it the gas and brake?)
Also you dont need to press a button to enter the tip mode, just shift. Only need to press the sport button