997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Hiw can I install an Iphone/Ipod/MP3 player to a PCM 1?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 AM
akostas is on a distinguished road
Hiw can I install an Iphone/Ipod/MP3 player to a PCM 1?

I love listening to audiobooks while stuck on traffic.
No local guy knows for sure how to have an Iphone/Ipod?MP3 player installed in my 997.1 TT.
Any suggestions?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:27 AM
Cbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the rough
Get a Dension unit from www.bumperplugs.com. Eric will give you great support.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:07 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Forget the Dension. Get a tranzit Blu hf. Bluetooth streaming from your phone as well as hands free, under 100 bucks. Works flawlessly.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Go with Dension - don't mess around with FM tuners, sound quality is usually really bad.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 AM
TYE
Look up Dension on here and see the amount of constant issues there are. While I agree fm tuners can be bad, the way you wire this one in the sound quality is pretty good. It's not audiophile cd quality, but it's equivalent to standard mp3. Do a search on 6speed for those that have Dension and for those that have the tranzit Blu, read the reviews and decide what's best for you

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Yaredna is on a distinguished road
Before selecting Dension, read the following post regarding issues with unit:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ndation-2.html

Expect good response time from Eric at bumperPlugs, but if your unit exhibit the issues described with iPhone and bluetooth, expect no help from the manufacturer.

I cannot recommend Dension 500s BT. Other models, maybe the Dension non bluetooth, might work better.

I am now considering getting rid of the PCM altogether, waiting for the following:
. A carplay device that is stable
. Understanding how the other functions of the car can be accomplished without a PCM.

Good luck, and pls keep us posted.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:28 AM
dm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TYE
Forget the Dension. Get a tranzit Blu hf. Bluetooth streaming from your phone as well as hands free, under 100 bucks. Works flawlessly.

This! One of the best mods made to my car

Old 07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dm620
This! One of the best mods made to my car
Viseeo Tune2air WMA1000

vs.

tranzit Blu hf

anybody know the differences between these two?
the denison seems like a lot of $$ and install for alot of problems.
the tranzit blue looks like you have to plug into antenna?
the viseeo looks like you just plug into center consold plug already in car?

the viseeo looks easier to install. can someone tell me if im correct?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 PM
ilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of light
You need to have the older style iPod connection to get the Viseeo to work. If you have it then it's plug n play. If you're installing it on a 997.1 car with the PCM 2.1 the factory audio interface comes through the FM antenna anyway, so sound quality will be the same as the Tranzit. And you won't have the button to change songs and answer calls. Oh yeah, the Viseeo doesn't have the phone capability, it only plays songs.

Here's my install of the Tranzit:
http://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808080
and

Old 07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Where did everyone install the mic?

Old 07-21-2014, 04:03 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ilko
You need to have the older style iPod connection to get the Viseeo to work. If you have it then it's plug n play. If you're installing it on a 997.1 car with the PCM 2.1 the factory audio interface comes through the FM antenna anyway, so sound quality will be the same as the Tranzit. And you won't have the button to change songs and answer calls. Oh yeah, the Viseeo doesn't have the phone capability, it only plays songs.

Here's my install of the Tranzit:
and
awesome answer, thanks so much. hmmm no phone - bad
having to take out radio and tap into wires to use the tranzit - also bad
that seems like a lot of trouble just to have an fm connection. if the pcm is coming out - something better is going in. why can't these cars be easier !

Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Dension has ZERO support and I wish I hadnt gotten it. I mean when it works its fine, but the factory is NOT going to help you. And unless ERic has seen every issue you will be at their mercy.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
TYE
Originally Posted by deaddana
awesome answer, thanks so much. hmmm no phone - bad
having to take out radio and tap into wires to use the tranzit - also bad
that seems like a lot of trouble just to have an fm connection. if the pcm is coming out - something better is going in. why can't these cars be easier !
Not a lot of trouble, its actually very easy

Old 07-21-2014, 04:57 PM
TYE
Originally Posted by function12
Where did everyone install the mic?
Here is a pic where I installed the mic. I have the cover removed to show. The pop in/out cover I drilled a bunch of holes in and covered with speaker grill cloth. I wanted to do something stealth and refused to just clip mount the mic to the a-piller. I also hid the green button inside the center console ashtray, so i just flip that open when i want to use it, and can close it and have it completely out of sight.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I myself am waiting for CarPlay as well ... sounds promising.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hiw can I install an Iphone/Ipod/MP3 player to a PCM 1?