997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

**VIDEO** 1000+ hp ALPHA 10 997.1 vs Aventador & Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Agh man I give up on you. Hopefully next time you speak with AMS Eric can explain it to you. Pretty sure I've been to a lot more events then you have.
OMG, you still talking like you know me... I produce the PR 1/2 Mile event here on the Island (7 events so far) been in the scene for more than 20 years, please don't write like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Here is my website (is in spanish) you can see results, videos, ect of all 7 events.

www.prhalfmile.com

Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Our ALPHA 10 997 is not maxed out by any means. We were having some ignition issues when running the car full tilt at 980whp but that can be fixed To put it simply we ran out of time. We had finished tuning on the Cobb AP system quite literally 14 hours before the event. The 997 has about 60-70 more whp on the table and in in more favorable conditions I dont think 190 is out of the question. With some small upgrades I think we can exceed 1000whp on this setup.

BTW the two of you (yumaverick and Webcar) are assuming the dyno numbers are comparable. They are not. I know for a fact that the dyno webcar uses reads about 7-8% lower than our dynojet so on our dyno his car is making about 1070 given equal conditions. He has a strong ALPHA 10. Also Webcar is indeed quite the active 1/2 mile supporter and one of the big reasons their island even has that event.

I bet in person you two would get along quite well

Eric

Last edited by AMS; 07-23-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMS

That's normally the case with this internet stuff.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:02 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AMS
Our ALPHA 10 997 is not maxed out by any means. We were having some ignition issues when running the car full tilt at 980whp but that can be fixed To put it simply we ran out of time. We had finished tuning on the Cobb AP system quite literally 14 hours before the event. The 997 has about 60-70 more whp on the table and in in more favorable conditions I dont think 190 is out of the question. With some small upgrades I think we can exceed 1000whp on this setup.

BTW the two of you (yumaverick and Webcar) are assuming the dyno numbers are comparable. They are not. I know for a fact that the dyno webcar uses reads about 7-8% lower than our dynojet so on our dyno his car is making about 1070 given equal conditions. He has a strong ALPHA 10. Also Webcar is indeed quite the active 1/2 mile supporter and one of the big reasons their island even has that event.

Eric
I'm very interested to see how you guys break the 1000whp mark without changing anything major. Would be very impressive if it happend. I've just seen a lot of porsches run at the half mile and 190 for these mods is going to be tough. If anybody can do it you guys can though. IPD Mike has a 997 GT2 pushing high 800's to the ground and ran a consistent 180.

When Webcar said his GTR went 189 I didn't believe he had a fully optioned one because my good friend Gidi has one as well and runs consistent 197's at the half mile. Gidi isn't afraid to spend dough though so I'm positive he has every option on it and then some LOL...

IMO the only way an Alpha 10 Porsche can keep up with a Alpha 10 GTR is going to be better gearing with a guards LSD as well. I would highly suggest you guys get in touch with Bill Rader Motorsports so you have something to offer your customer in that area. For example: My buddy Cam has a 900whp 996 GT2 and was running 4.4 60-130's. After having Bill do his trans he ran a 3.71, which is hauling *** for that power level. His 100-150 was 3.21. It's not too pricey either, not like getting a shep stage 5 anyways. He built most of the trans at Texas Invitational as well. The only one he didnt build was the stock one that blew that he has now currently built.

I'm sure we ( Webcar) would get along in person as well. Sometimes things like this happen online, but hey it's forums for you.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
I'm very interested to see how you guys break the 1000whp mark without changing anything major. Would be very impressive if it happend. I've just seen a lot of porsches run at the half mile and 190 for these mods is going to be tough. If anybody can do it you guys can though. IPD Mike has a 997 GT2 pushing high 800's to the ground and ran a consistent 180.
Prodigymb is over 1k WHP with similar mods -- Big Turbos, Rods, Studs, etc. He's running a ProEFI, but if both cars are tuned for kill (E85/C16/VP Import) it can be done on stock cams, heads & intake manifold.

IMO the only way an Alpha 10 Porsche can keep up with a Alpha 10 GTR is going to be better gearing with a guards LSD as well.
The biggest differences between the GTR and Porsche are the shift speed & consistency you'll get with the GTR. Meanwhile in the Porsche, with a 6MT you'll have to hit every shift perfectly, NLS (if your tuning platform allows it) to maintain boost between those gear changes) and a slight re-gearing for high speed pulls; or a properly rebuilt Auto trans (like MegioN's or the ES Motor cars).

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 07-23-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:08 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute

When Webcar said his GTR went 189 I didn't believe he had a fully optioned one because my good friend Gidi has one as well and runs consistent 197's at the half mile. Gidi isn't afraid to spend dough though so I'm positive he has every option on it and then some LOL...

IMO the only way an Alpha 10 Porsche can keep up with a Alpha 10 GTR is going to be better gearing with a guards LSD as well. I would highly suggest you guys get in touch with Bill Rader Motorsports so you have something to offer your customer in that area. For example: My buddy Cam has a 900whp 996 GT2 and was running 4.4 60-130's. After having Bill do his trans he ran a 3.71, which is hauling *** for that power level. His 100-150 was 3.21. It's not too pricey either, not like getting a shep stage 5 anyways. He built most of the trans at Texas Invitational as well. The only one he didn't build was the stock one that blew that he has now currently built.

I'm sure we ( Webcar) would get along in person as well. Sometimes things like this happen online, but hey it's forums for you.
Thank you for the kind words

It's important to note that Gidi's ALPHA 10 is far from normal. He makes almost 1200whp and hes running a 4.4 liter engine...most run a 3.8. He also (as you said) has every option available. His ALPHA 10 is quite quick. Not your normal ALPHA 10 GT-R however.

There are still some areas we can work on to make more power. We have more boost on the table once we can get some better spark behind it as well as some other small updates.

We were making about 820-830 whp when we ran the 182.92 run at the Chicago even and anyone there can attest to how hot it was.

Small improvements, more boost and better weather I don't think 190 is unrealistic at all.

I do agree that an ALPHA 10 997.1 would have it's hands full vs. an ALPHA 10 GT-R. With the weight advantage though and the right driver it wouldn't be totally impossible.

Eric

Old 07-23-2014, 03:35 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !

When Webcar said his GTR went 189 I didn't believe he had a fully optioned one because my good friend Gidi has one as well and runs consistent 197's at the half mile. Gidi isn't afraid to spend dough though so I'm positive he has every option on it and them some LOL.
Oh yeah, that's it... I'm afraid to spend LOL

Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 PM
D.Killer is on a distinguished road
Great videos! That alpha 10 997.1 is ridiculous!!!