997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD Level 2 Tune quick review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:30 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Nice Run! Glad to hear all is sorted.
Thanks Rhonda, glad we decided to give it another shot! Fantastic service as always.

Originally Posted by ecpChris
Glad to hear you got it sorted as well. Couple random questions I'm curious about:
What was your 60' time?
How much boost do you run now on the stg 2 tune?
I def want to get back to the track ASAP (maybe this weekend or if not next weds). Hopefully my exhaust will be here tomorrow, fingers crossed
Thanks Chris, let's hope they let you back on the track...you smoked 'em last time
What was your 60' time? - 1.70 (interestingly it was 1.68 on my 10.8sec run! Tells me the car just kept pulling through the 1/4 mile...exactly what the Level 2 package is designed to do, additional TQ through the rpm range!)

How much boost do you run now on the stg 2tune? 1.55 bar (approx. 22psi I think). Is there a way to confirm more accurately? Would Durametric logs indicate this?

Originally Posted by Stage7
Congrats Akunob- I'm glad you finally have it sorted out. I'm still waiting for my exhaust from Speedtech. It should ship out today or tomorrow. I'm down to go to the track tomorrow night for a baseline though. Let me know. I think the weather will work out.
Looking forward to seeing your finished product! Getting a baseline is a great idea! I believe "time trials" at Englishtown Raceway are only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We would have to check their calendar for availability, as some Saturdays are closed for NHRA sponsored events.

Originally Posted by longboarder
Congrats akunob glad everything got sorted! Your 10.6 on 93 is fantastic!! You can drop tire pressure to 30 psi front and rear and that should get you a better launch - and it's free. Try that first before you spend $1,500 on R888's. Also, run a mix of race gas with the 93 pump. The ECU should allow for more timing. I bet you can drop a tenth or two with those two simple things!
Thanks Longboarder. I will definitely try lower tire pressures and race gas the next time out. On the R888, they are great track/street tire but I have no plans to grab a set. I am mostly a street/casual driver and the increased tire noise, less than optimal all-weather performance (vs. PSS/PS2) and faster tire wear all but rule out the R888s for me. I had PSS previously, switched to PS2 and will likely revert back to PSS when these are worn. These drag events are fun but I have to live with the car the other 99% of the time...LOL sacrificing a tenth or two here & there is ok with me!

Last edited by akunob; 09-18-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:55 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hi neighbour.

What is the FVD stage 3? Any pbox numbers. Just need to know if I should back down if I see you on the 400 series highways, lol.

Congrats Akunob, that is a great result, and excellent service from FVD.
Thanks Bogg. Rhonda and FVD have been great, I didn't hesitate to pass along FVD's information to another TTS owner who asked yesterday which tune I had, as his stock 2012 TTS w/ sharkwerks x-pipe couldn't crack 11.1 secs at the Raceway (as mentioned in other threads there are so many variables to achieving a solid 1/4 mile time).

Him and his buddies thought my car was fast, I assured them that there were faster TTS' out there

Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
Thanks Bogg. Rhonda and FVD have been great, I didn't hesitate to pass along FVD's information to another TTS owner who asked yesterday which tune I had, as his stock 2012 TTS w/ sharkwerks x-pipe couldn't crack 11.1 secs at the Raceway (as mentioned in other threads there are so many variables to achieving a solid 1/4 mile time).

Him and his buddies thought my car was fast, I assured them that there were faster TTS' out there
I'm still amazed at what the .2tt can do on pumpgas. Truly impressive. But for me the 3rd pedal is mandatory. Until I get older, lol.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Akunob/Chris: Tomorrow is "Ratchet Friday's- All street muffled vehicles welcome"

Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Akunob/Chris: Tomorrow is "Ratchet Friday's- All street muffled vehicles welcome"
Ratchet Friday's is actually a good time and perfect for us to run. Those nights get a lot of really cool cars. If my exhaust comes tomorrow, I'll be there.
If not, then maybe we can get together in the next coming week since there is no exhaust on my car whatsoever.
Did you go catless or high flow cats with your new exhaust?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:56 PM
If it's open, I'm in! I will likely be there after 8pm (have a standing commitment on Fridays 6:00 - 7:30pm)! See you there.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Ratchet Friday's is actually a good time and perfect for us to run. Those nights get a lot of really cool cars. If my exhaust comes tomorrow, I'll be there.
If not, then maybe we can get together in the next coming week since there is no exhaust on my car whatsoever.
Did you go catless or high flow cats with your new exhaust?
Cool. I hope it comes in.

I have both. Cats for the street. Cat bypass for offroad.

Right now I'm running my stock exhaust but I'll run it for the hell of it and go again when my exhaust comes in.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:09 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
If it's open, I'm in! I will likely be there after 8pm (have a standing commitment on Fridays 6:00 - 7:30pm)! See you there.
If I went it prob wouldn't be until about 8 as well. I'll keep you guys posted.

I was thinking, you don't have intercoolers right? Are they recommended for the stage 2?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Cool. I will probably arrive about 8 too.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:14 PM
If I went it prob wouldn't be until about 8 as well. I'll keep you guys posted.

I was thinking, you don't have intercoolers right? Are they recommended for the stage 2?
No intercoolers, I'm on the stock 997.2 I/Cs. I/C aren't required for FVD's lvl 2. Car is 100% stock but for the tune, exhaust and plenum.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:12 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
No intercoolers, I'm on the stock 997.2 I/Cs. I/C aren't required for FVD's lvl 2. Car is 100% stock but for the tune, exhaust and plenum.
997.2 intercoolers are underrated. Might be worth a little power to swap for something with more flow, but they cool VERY well.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by rix
997.2 intercoolers are underrated. Might be worth a little power to swap for something with more flow, but they cool VERY well.
Agreed Rix.

Last edited by akunob; 09-18-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:08 PM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough

Agreed, really knowledgable guys. What does FVD's stage 3 setup entail?

They sell some off the shelf stage 3 kits that include turbos, headers, exhaust etc. I'm using their turbos and 70mm exhaust with 100 cell cats but otherwise have most of the champion bolt on stuff (intercoolers, werks1 hoses, carbon y-pipe and plenum, GT3 throttle body, filter). FVD did a custom level 3 tune based on my mix.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hi neighbour.

What is the FVD stage 3? Any pbox numbers. Just need to know if I should back down if I see you on the 400 series highways, lol.

Congrats Akunob, that is a great result, and excellent service from FVD.

I've been watching your build progress and checking my mirrors Interested to see how the 68s perform. I thought about getting those inlet tubes but will wait for the carbon ones from Champion. Hope we get a chance to compare setups. No numbers at the moment but I'll get some.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:56 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Looking good! Bring her out to Pocono Oct. 19 for some roll racing (grab a discount code from undercover)

Old 09-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Looking good! Bring her out to Pocono Oct. 19 for some roll racing (grab a discount code from undercover)
Now there's a thought...I do have an open invitation from Garth! Sunday's in the Fall and Spring don't generally work for me, schedule wise, but I'll see if I can swing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Level 2 Tune quick review