997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline Decat X-System Review

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Kline Decat X-System Review

I was a bit afraid of buying a decat system due to my previous experience with 100 cells cats and straight pipes. It turned the car into a drone machine, with lot of rattling at lower rpms. And being a tiptronic car, it is a lot more difficult to avoid that drone range while cruising than a 6MT. That system only lasted 15 hours on the car, between shop night closed time.

I searched several systems with x-pipe, because of that exotic sound that everyone talks about. I wanted a decat system to improve flow and allow to have a more agressive ecu tune. I also look carefully to the X design of each manufacturer because i wanted a slight cross between the two pipes instead of a pure cross part where the flow from each side need to battle each other to exit.

After the thread about Kline exhaust promotion with 1500EUR for a complete exhaust and after several emails exchanges with Felix, i decided to give my credit to his knowledge. By being in Europe like me, which means cheaper and faster shipping, and the option of adding cats if i realized later that sound is too loud for my taste, also increase my trust to deal with them.

My system is a bit different than standard because it is a exhaust of a 997.1 with the exit pipes for a 997.2 due to the rear facelift mod. Once i wanted to use the overbore 997.2 exhaust tips, the exit pipes need to be 65mm instead of 60mm. Beside the diameter size, the lenght is also different between 997.1 and 997.2. I was adviced that this would increase the flow and change a bit the tone.

So i received the exhaust very well packaged. Everything fit as advertised except the 997.2 exhaust tips that needed to be slight modified in the connection pipe to be centered with the bumper exhaust surroundings. This could be easily solved by having the exit pipes with a slip joint that allows to rotate and adjust a bit the lenght of the pipe, but Felix said that wanted the less joints possible to avoid restrictions the max as possible.

The first cold start sound was impressive. Much more quiet that i expected and wanted. In the following week i made a trip of 500 miles. After two weeks of having it, the sound became a bit deeper but even more pleasured to hear it. The sound is exotic and a lot different from stock. At wot is intoxicating and cause severe fuel consumption just because you want to hear it all the time. It doesn't sound like a porsche but it matches a lot better with the look of the car: agressive but refined and civilized. I'm very happy to have the exhaust sound i ever wanted and imagined. No drone at all, deep tone and is acceptable to drive at city or even while cruising +100mph, be able to talk with the passenger or listen radio.

I made several vids of cold/warmup starts and fly-bys but decided not to post because it doesn't make justice to the sound in real life.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
Pics? I have very similar requirements in an exhaust to you, and I'd like to see this X design. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
This pic was stolen from the album of the member fireballr32

This two is from my car - Decat 70mm/2.75".

This one is to show de difference of the exit pipes between 997.1 and 997.2. It is the last two systems from the pic, with the last being for a 997.2.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:51 PM
kayhan will become famous soon enough
how much does it cost for the 997tt.2 ?

Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I'm a little worried that even the decat version is too quiet....what's your impression?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
I'm a little worried that even the decat version is too quiet....what's your impression?
The sound is just perfect. IMHO, a little higher would put it into the ricer level, atleast for a street car. For the track it is never high enough...

To give you the idea of the awesome flow, my car now throw some nice flames under hard braking right after wot. And the best of all is that there isn't drone issues in all rpm and throttle load range.

Last edited by Tiago; 08-02-2014 at 06:10 PM.