997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tired of black, got a wrap...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+1 the car looks great. Nice stance too! enjoy.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM
nycgenius will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by prodigymb
looks awesome cant even tell its a wrap
Wow, this exactly! Looks amazing, and I vote for leaving the wheels also!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
Thankyou, it was a pain to take care of the car and now with this wrap, even dings and small paint damage due to rock chips may protect the paint underneath. I got this done in Dubai for USD 2500/- with headlight, foglight and turn signals wrapped with LLumar protection. The 3m ceramic tints costed an additional USD 650/-
$2,500 USD, I would do that in a heartbeat, I'm sick of black also. It's ~$6,000 around here and I don't really trust anyone here to do it. Your wrap looks great and you have a 5yr warranty on it, can't beat that.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
How do the jambs look? Finished or is black showing?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:04 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
looks GREAT. the wheels look nice in that color too.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Everyone I spoke to some friends today and they voted for gold wheels as well.

Originally Posted by JSF721
How do the jambs look? Finished or is black showing?
The door jams are also wrapped. The only place where black shows is under the hood and engine cover.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Looks very nice! Been thinking of wrapping my 997tt gloss red too

Old 08-12-2014, 08:34 PM
shahhm will become famous soon enoughshahhm will become famous soon enough
surprised...definitely thought i was going to look tacky. but i agree with other people on here...can't even tell it's a wrap. how much did it cost?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:07 AM
spmmorrow has a spectacular aura aboutspmmorrow has a spectacular aura aboutspmmorrow has a spectacular aura about
Looks incredible. I'd love to see the jambs.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 AM
nsurg is on a distinguished road
That looks cool. I would make more bad decisions on my car if my wife didn't patrol me more carefully!

Respectfully, gold wheels look ghetto. Think wrx/sti or lancer evo crowd. I would absolutely plastidip the wheels black (preferred) or anthracite. I did mine black with "glossifier" and it was remarkably easy and durable.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 AM
wastedyolk is on a distinguished road
Wow looks great

Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Who did your wrap? So the front "license plate" fits perfectly on the front stub for the license plate bracket? Been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure of the size.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
valor is on a distinguished road
wow, looks really cool. Maybe I should do it also. Is it easy to unwrap and restore the car to original colour?

Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
Thanks!!! I got rid of the spacers as i got these vorsteiners with offsets +50F and +35R.
What is the size of the wheels? 8.5x19 ET50 & 11x19 ET35?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Everyone

Originally Posted by valor
wow, looks really cool. Maybe I should do it also. Is it easy to unwrap and restore the car to original colour?
Yes i had them remove my matt wrap from the hood and it came off very easily without any damage to the original colour. These wraps come off very easily.

Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Who did your wrap? So the front "license plate" fits perfectly on the front stub for the license plate bracket? Been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure of the size.
Limelite, yes the new mini plates fit the stubs perfectly.

Originally Posted by nsurg

Respectfully, gold wheels look ghetto. Think wrx/sti or lancer evo crowd. I would absolutely plastidip the wheels black (preferred) or anthracite. I did mine black with "glossifier" and it was remarkably easy and durable.
I am thinking about anthracite, but a lot of people like the gold as well. In real life the contrast is not as much as in the pictures.

Originally Posted by spmmorrow
Looks incredible. I'd love to see the jambs.
Thanks, I will get some pics taken tomorrow and post it.

Originally Posted by Tiago
What is the size of the wheels? 8.5x19 ET50 & 11x19 ET35?
Yes correct.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tired of black, got a wrap...