997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo Updates from Cobb Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
997.2 Turbo Updates from Cobb Tuning

Hello,

So recently we have been working on the 997.2 Turbo tuning as well as testing a lot of developments. I have been working non stop and I am happy to say that we have come up with some great improvements in terms of features and power output.

We have a big update coming out next week. This is what we are adding:

-Adjustable Launch Control- The launch control on cars equipped with Sport Chrono can now increase boost pressure or decrease boost pressure when in launch control mode. This can help those that are drag racing and spinning the tires too much, or if you are on a slick and need want to increase the boost pressure at the line.

-Brake Boosting- We can now enable brake boosting for the guys that roll race. Allows you to hold your foot on the brake and build boost, then let off and take off! Has timers so that it will still shut the throttles as a safety feature, and can be configured using our Protuning Software.

-Larger Map Sensor Support- We can now support larger map sensors for the guys wanting to run more boost. We have found that adding 3 bar and 4 bar map sensors is a must if you are increasing boost pressure in order to make sure that the ECU has enough resolution to accurately measure boost pressure. More on this to come in a bit.

There are also map updates for the Stage 2 maps that make more low end torque and more power

I have also been working on our "Stage 3" calibrations which will have larger 3 bar map sensors, but will require an exhaust and upgraded intercoolers. These calibrations will require the 3 bar map sensors. I have some more testing to do but they should be ready for the September firmware update.

This is a car we did here. This is STOCK turbos, BBI Intercoolers, IPD Plenum, BBI Exhaust on ACN91 octane. No race gas, just our crappy cali gas.

Here is a log of the fuel pressure. I didn't log the target pressure but the fuel system is holding great to this point.

I didn't have much time on the dyno so I will get it back on and clean the curve up a little, but this was at 22psi of boost holding to redline.

What I am finding really interesting is as we get the power up on the 997.2 Turbos it really shows how fast these cars are capable of being. Just for fun here is a comparison of a Stage 3 GTR on pump gas and E85.

E85 GTR

Pump Gas GTR

Lastly we have added some new monitors in the software and on the AP. On release day we will post up all the monitors.

There are some other big things in the works. I will post up when the time comes.

Release should be out on the 26th of August! Current Cobb Accessport users just need to plug in the AP update the firmware and the new maps and monitors will be in there and ready to go

Please if anyone has any questions on this process, or have any other questions please feel free to let me know.

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

Thanks for reading.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Tarasser is on a distinguished road
What boost should be on stage 2 map?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Have you tested maps for cars with meth injection ?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Its funny you asked about that. This car had a meth kit on it, I turned it on and off. I find that for the DI cars the meth injection isn't nearly as effective as it was on the port injection cars. This is an initial impression and I need to investigate it a bit more. I typically dont care for meth injection as I have seen the consequences of pumps failing, nozzles clogging etc.

Boost is 19.5 PSI on the Stage 2 maps.

Thanks!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

Old 08-21-2014, 04:50 PM
It's impossible. Meth/h2o lowers the air temperature and rises octant, so you can easily add boost.
I think with meth you can rise boost to 24-26psi on 93 octane
Tomorrow I am installing aquamist4 to my 997.2tt

Old 08-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Curious to see how it goes! Please let me know if you need anything!

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

Old 08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
By the way , using the same boost , but adding meth you will downforce power, as far as I know.
Do you have the graph of 997.2 turbos air flow?

Thanks!

Last edited by Tarasser; 08-21-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome work and super stoked to see these updates coming to fruition after a lot of hard work! We are excited to have them in the software to custom calibrate for our customers which I'm sure they'll find as exciting as we do!

Dzenno@PTF/PTG

Old 08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Great news my friend

Old 08-21-2014, 05:58 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Wow, that is awesome guys!
Looks like the 997.2 guys are in for some treats

Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
You can see that with less mods this cars are way better than the GTR's

Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
You can see that with less mods this cars are way better than the GTR's
Yes. Longboarder's airport races really demonstrate how well the 997.2 puts the power down so efficiently when compared to the gtrs

Old 08-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Yep!!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Nice!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tarasser
It's impossible. Meth/h2o lowers the air temperature and rises octant, so you can easily add boost.
I think with meth you can rise boost to 24-26psi on 93 octane
Tomorrow I am installing aquamist4 to my 997.2tt
This cars doesn't like the meth much, trust me I try it... On the dyno didn't put any whp but is a terrific safety feature, so there is no harm to have it

Last edited by webcarconnection; 08-22-2014 at 10:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo Updates from Cobb Tuning