997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder Wins SoCalEuro Drag Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Longboarder Wins SoCalEuro Drag Event

http://big.socaleuro.com/2014/drag.php

My buddies texted me yesterday morning asking if I wanted to go to some car show in San Diego and I was like not really I'm at the beach. Then they said there was an 1/8 mile drag event and the winner got a free Borla exhaust. Not even sure they make an exhaust for the 997.2 Turbo...but what the hell I said.

So my buddy shows up at my place at like 2pm and traffic is crazy the entire way down to SD. We get around 4:30pm...go through tech, put some race gas in and line up to run. The car was hot...oil temps almost 225...it was hot out probably 85 degrees for my first run around 5pm...DA's had to be almost a mile high. So I'm in line for my first run and it's obvious this is not a good track. There is pieces of debris everywhere on the launch pad...water mixed with dirt (literally mud) that you have to drive through to stage. There's leaking oil and nobody was cleaning anything. And then it runs uphill. So I know the times were going to be terrible.

So I do my first run and I get a 6.808 seconds at 105.14mph with a 1.652 60 foot time. vBox recorded 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds (lol) and 0-100mph in 5.98 seconds.

So I parked and starting watching other cars and talking to people and apparently my 6.8 is quite something. Fully dedicated drag cars gutted with cages and parachutes weren't getting into the 6's. There was even an Alpha 10+ GTR with over 1,000 wheel on a Mustang Dyno that was a tad slower than me at 6.8X at 107mph. Another Turbo Porsche was in the 8's. The only other car that is close is the GIAC RS7 development car with tune and downpipes. That car ran an impressive 6.9X at 102mph. AWD FTW.

Next run I lined up with the Alpha 10+ GTR but he spun really bad and had to abort to prevent hitting the wall. That could have been a good run. I took that one easy. Just wanted a good race so I let up.

At that point it was time to turn in the timeslips...and yup I had the quickest ET of the day. There were other classes like fastest Audi, VW BMW, but only one fastest Euro. A Borla rep came to congratulate me and let me know about the exhaust.

I actually did one more run after winning the event since I hadn't gotten any vids yet. Here it is....I spun badly and only managed a 7.054 @ 104.89 mph with a 1.840 60 foot time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2hg...ature=youtu.be

Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
nice work, 1 and done.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 AM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Good job and way to rep for us.... I was there and was pulling out as you pulled in...

Old 09-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work Longboarder!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:07 AM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
Nicely done! Congrats!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:38 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kendall993
nice work, 1 and done.

Heck yeah

Originally Posted by MJA
Good job and way to rep for us.... I was there and was pulling out as you pulled in...

Cool thx. Did you try the drag strip? If you did I'm curious what you thought of it. My buddy brought his e63 AMG and spun the entire way down the track. Then didn't even bother picking up his time slip and said "that's the worst track in the country". lol

Originally Posted by Stage7
Nice work Longboarder!

Thx bro.

Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
Nicely done! Congrats!

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Way to go buddy! I know what it's to have a very very bad track preparation

Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
What was your 1/8 mile ET and Trap last time you went to the track?

Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Way to go buddy! I know what it's to have a very very bad track preparation
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
What was your 1/8 mile ET and Trap last time you went to the track?

Thx bro. I don't have any comparable 1/8 mile runs with my current mods.

My last drag strip event was when I only had the tune + plenum with Michelin PSS tires, I did a 6.835 second 1/8 mile ET. I also have a trap of 104.59 mph on another run. That was at Famoso, which is still not a good track but at least they clean and prep it.

My exhaust, intercoolers and remap got me an additional 50-75 HP and the r888 tires hook a lot better. So when I go back to Famoso after it cools down into the 70's or 60's, I'm hoping for a mid-low 6's at around 108-109 mph in the 1/8th...and low 10's at 133-134 in the 1/4 mile.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Cool, nevertheless you represent very good with our .2s

Old 09-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats buddy. Car is running really strong for stock VTGs.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:43 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Excellent run Longboarder...like taking candy from a baby!

Old 09-01-2014, 02:13 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
STRONG work Longboarder!!!

Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 PM
gregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. I tried to get down there for the event but wasn't able to.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Nice job bro! Way to represent

So what are you going to do with a free Borla? Haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder Wins SoCalEuro Drag Event