997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looked at at '07 GT2, what a thing of beauty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:23 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Looked at at '07 GT2, what a thing of beauty

A local dealer here in Denver has a 18,000 mile silver GT2. I drove over and looked and talked for awhile with one of the salesmen who has been selling Porsches for decades. The car was sold, but it was truly a thing of beauty.

With as crazy as the market is for the 993 TT's I'm considering if it might be time to sell the 993 TT and pick up a 997 Widow Maker.

My assumption is they all were spoken for or was it a larger run for the 997 GT2? I researched the original MSRP and keep coming back at $192M. Almost double the 997 TT. I know that it's easy to flash the ECU and add a bigger turbo to get the same HP, but man, the GT2 is beautiful. What were they actually selling for? MSRP? Or was there a premium or were any discounted?

Old 09-01-2014, 03:01 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
'07 GT2? - check the year...a very different car than the turbo (suspension, weight, steering, refinement, rear wheel drive)! Mine had a MSRP >$215k (my friend had two of them and both had MSRPs >224$k) and I have not seen many less than $205 MSRP. Good, low mile copies of '08 GT2s are going for $145-160 and '09 GT2s catch even more as only 20 came to the US and 185 of the '08 GT2s were delivered. The GT2 is a rear wheel, 3080lb, 50 more hp, razor sharp, and built for track dominance. BTW the 997 was not the 'Widow Maker" that was the 996.

Check this one out!
http://scottsdale.porschedealer.com/...87291/info.php
It was a car owned by a forum member.

Last edited by drsullivan; 09-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:06 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drsullivan
'07 GT2? - check the year
You are right it was an '08. Any answers on what they originally sold for?

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Here is the one I looked at. Just amazing. You've had both and went back to the TT. What caused you to sell the GT2?

http://www.stevinsonimports.com/Vehi...-CO/2201735213

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2014, 03:33 PM
BTW, thanks for talking about what they actually sold for.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Here is the one I looked at. Just amazing. You've had both and went back to the TT. What caused you to sell the GT2?
To be honest I couldn't afford the GT2 at the time. My practice slowed down during the summer and payments plus AZ tags were $4000. I traded the GT2 for a Mercedes C63 and kept it about 6-8 months (nice car) and got back into a turbo.

My Gt2 had 720hp and I was not the driver to tame her. The Gt2 is a completely different car. Go back and research my posts on my car and I talk about the differences - they are vast.

I am happy to be in a PDK and took a drive today, albeit in 92 degree weather, and drove the **** out out of her (663.5hp) - a turbo, IMO makes an average drive feel like a PRO. I don't think I'll drive anything but Porsche till I die!

Old 09-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I saw that car the other day when I was up at Stevinson. It is beautiful. Here's the detail on that car:

BASE 911 GT2 191,700.00
18 Natural Leather Dark Grey 1,510.00
640 Sport Chrono Package 690.00
680 BOSE Surround Sound System 1,390.00
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color 140.00
998 Leather Interior Natural Lthr 0.00
CDZ Gear Lever Trim in Leather 250.00
CMC Door Opener Painted Ext. Clr. 550.00
P12 Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor 690.00
U2 GT Silver Metallic 2,450.00
XDA Wheels Painted Black 1,815.00
XSY Seat Belts - Speed Yellow 340.00
XXF Red Taillights 640.00
Total Options 10,465.00
Total Charges 950.00

Total Order 203,115.00

Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Love the GT2, but was never a fan of Porsche's "pay more for less" mantra with the car.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 PM
gruppe75 is on a distinguished road
With as crazy as the market is for the 993 TT's I'm considering if it might be time to sell the 993 TT and pick up a 997 Widow Maker.
It is odd that you posted this, 'cause this is what I have just done.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:23 PM
To be honest I couldn't afford the GT2 at the time. My practice slowed down during the summer and payments plus AZ tags were $4000. I traded the GT2 for a Mercedes C63 and kept it about 6-8 months (nice car) and got back into a turbo.

My Gt2 had 720hp and I was not the driver to tame her. The Gt2 is a completely different car. Go back and research my posts on my car and I talk about the differences - they are vast.

I am happy to be in a PDK and took a drive today, albeit in 92 degree weather, and drove the **** out out of her (663.5hp) - a turbo, IMO makes an average drive feel like a PRO. I don't think I'll drive anything but Porsche till I die!
I will go through your threads on the cars! I keep hearing how amazing the PDK is. The performance and ability to truly access the car's potential. I wish I could have both a manual and a PDK. Do you know what a gift it is to have owned all these cars? Just terrific!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
I saw that car the other day when I was up at Stevinson. It is beautiful. Here's the detail on that car:

BASE 911 GT2 191,700.00
18 Natural Leather Dark Grey 1,510.00
640 Sport Chrono Package 690.00
680 BOSE Surround Sound System 1,390.00
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color 140.00
998 Leather Interior Natural Lthr 0.00
CDZ Gear Lever Trim in Leather 250.00
CMC Door Opener Painted Ext. Clr. 550.00
P12 Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor 690.00
U2 GT Silver Metallic 2,450.00
XDA Wheels Painted Black 1,815.00
XSY Seat Belts - Speed Yellow 340.00
XXF Red Taillights 640.00
Total Options 10,465.00
Total Charges 950.00

Total Order 203,115.00
Thanks Dennis! Do you know who was the owner of the 993 TT S with 8,000 miles that just sold at Prestige? I was told it went for north of $300.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by gruppe75
It is odd that you posted this, 'cause this is what I have just done.
Did you pick up a GT2?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by rix
Love the GT2, but was never a fan of Porsche's "pay more for less" mantra with the car.
Yes and the 50 HP and suspension can be duplicated, but the rarity should make it worth it every penny you paid for it down road. The one I saw today was truly a piece of art. My only concern about its rarity, is that I'll want to drive it and put a few thousand miles on it a year.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Yes and the 50 HP and suspension can be duplicated, but the rarity should make it worth it every penny you paid for it down road. The one I saw today was truly a piece of art. My only concern about its rarity, is that I'll want to drive it and put a few thousand miles on it a year.
I would love a GT2, the biggest feature to me is the curb weight. I know everyone has a hard on for RWD, but on the street AWD is king. That's where we normally drive these cars after all .

The ultimate Porsche (to me) would be a 997 GT2 - RWD with a port-injected GT1 engine and a PDK transmission. We can dream right? .

Last edited by rix; 09-01-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Check this one out!
http://scottsdale.porschedealer.com/...87291/info.php
It was a car owned by a forum member.
Great find...I need this car!
Too bad its nearly double my budget.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looked at at '07 GT2, what a thing of beauty