997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB Updates for 997.2 Turbo - Brake Boosting and Adjustable Launch Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Yes.... Get that 997.1 dialed in on launch...that would be wicked ....best of both worlds....

Old 11-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Streetgear is on a distinguished road
Mitch I keep asking and keep getting told the tuner version will be released soon. Any ETA on the self tuning software?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Streetgear,

Shoot me an email and we can talk. Honestly it isn't too bad for us to add, I have just been slammed.

Email me and lets chat about it. I will bring it up in my Porsche meeting tomorrow.

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-20-2016, 05:10 AM
tturbotom is on a distinguished road
Looking for some 996tt love. My 2002 would benefit from this.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:36 PM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
Empty promises is what I keep seeing from Cobb at this point. Quite underwhelming to be honest given initial claims to push the platform and what not. Lack of cars to test? No idea just dissapointing across the board for 996 and 997 owners. No advances happened at all since the first release it seems.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:57 AM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oldbooster
Empty promises is what I keep seeing from Cobb at this point. Quite underwhelming to be honest given initial claims to push the platform and what not. Lack of cars to test? No idea just dissapointing across the board for 996 and 997 owners. No advances happened at all since the first release it seems.
Haha what the **** are you talking about? Have you been living inside the truck of your GTO for the past 2 years. Try and go to any event and find someone that's not running Cobb. From Pikes Peak to the Continental Race series Mitch his crew are extremely evolved in the rapid progression of this platform. Things take time to develop Cobb is not Apple and what may be important to YOU may not service the greater good. I would love to see things like rolling anti lag and other Gucci things Cobb is capable of providing, however I understand there are things that are more important right now and as such I'll be patient, just as I would suggest you be.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
I am sorry you feel that way. We are doing a lot right now, and a lot of what I am focused on is custom code. Hence not being on forums as much. There are only a few of us in Porsche so between professional racing, customer support dealer support and engineering we have little time to keep people updated.

We are working on features. This is what I have been spending a large amount of my time doing. Don't get discouraged this is the year of big things for the Porsche platform. We spent years playing catch up and just trying to get stuff to the point that we were happy and consumer ready. Now we go back and add features and do the things customers ask of us.

I hope this helps. Just know we are always working, and I mean that, on making sure our customers are happy.

Feel free to reach out to me if you would like to speak more. I do not get on here as much as I should but I am always available to help.

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Last edited by COBB Tuning; 05-21-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:36 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+100 for Mitch and the Cobb team. I have worked with many tuners with Porsche as well as other makes for almost 20 years and must say they are the best in my humble opinion...In so many ways. Cobb is a pretty large company yet has set up teams that provide top notch white glove service for us as dealers and the end user. If anyone evaluates what the Porsche team under Mitch has done in the last few years and how many dealers have picked them up it says a lot. I believe there are already more features with the Cobb AP than any other tuning solution out there and with higher performance achievements than other solutions on the stock ECU. That's pushing the platform. There is always new development going on, updates and new maps/releases. Just not until proven. I jumped on board and never looked back! Customer service is very important to me and that was what I saw from day one. Mitch gets back and reaches out to people and the forums or via email pretty quickly. I know of quite a few amazing things in the works and there have been new models supported almost every month lately! Hang in there if there is something you are waiting for but you are in a pretty good pot so far if running an AP3!

Cheers

Old 05-22-2016, 05:34 PM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by roncooper
Haha what the **** are you talking about? Have you been living inside the truck of your GTO for the past 2 years. Try and go to any event and find someone that's not running Cobb. From Pikes Peak to the Continental Race series Mitch his crew are extremely evolved in the rapid progression of this platform. Things take time to develop Cobb is not Apple and what may be important to YOU may not service the greater good. I would love to see things like rolling anti lag and other Gucci things Cobb is capable of providing, however I understand there are things that are more important right now and as such I'll be patient, just as I would suggest you be.
Delightful reply, appreciate your point of view but we share no common ground here. Do you believe posting in such manner actually does anything to change someone's opinion? Quite interesting to say the least.

Regardless I am still a fan and I want to see new features. Its a fact exatly zero new with features have happened, as of yet. Until then God bless and hope to see some new functionality VERY soon. What we have with an AP at the moment with 997.1 Turbos is no better than anything else anyone else out there provides and I am looking to see a true advantage which was the reason I bought it over another option in the first place.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:57 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
Delightful reply, appreciate your point of view but we share no common ground here. Do you believe posting in such manner actually does anything to change someone's opinion? Quite interesting to say the least.

Regardless I am still a fan and I want to see new features. Its a fact exatly zero new with features have happened, as of yet. Until then God bless and hope to see some new functionality VERY soon. What we have with an AP at the moment with 997.1 Turbos is no better than anything else anyone else out there provides and I am looking to see a true advantage which was the reason I bought it over another option in the first place.
Your welcome to sell me your Cobb. I'm sure there is another option you'd be much happier with.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Your welcome to sell me your Cobb. I'm sure there is another option you'd be much happier with.
Everything else out there is the same so no there is nothing I would be happier with or less happy with at the moment except. I'd be up for buying it again when there is actually any new unique to Cobb features available. PM sent.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Your right I read threads all day comparing all the different tuning options and they all come to the same conclusion that are all the exact same. You don't actually believe this do you?

Elaborate on your current set up, what modifications have you done to your car? Who performed the tune? Do you have the race tuner software do you use the software to make your own adjustments?

What would you like to see Cobb provide you that your in must need of?

PM replied.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:35 PM
I have an exhaust, intercoolers, ID1300 injectors, intake pipes and a plenum and run on E85. I am not looking to tune myself as these days I have no time to spend on it. I have been waiting for NLS to be added since forever and I believe adjustable traction control was mentioned back when it came out. Any word on these features or ETA?

Old 05-23-2016, 12:43 PM
I have an exhaust, intercoolers, ID1300 injectors, intake pipes and a plenum and run on E85. I am not looking to tune myself as these days I have no time to spend on it. I have been waiting for NLS to be added since forever and I believe adjustable traction control was mentioned back when it came out. Any word on these features or ETA?
With this list of modifications what other tuner do you believe would support you? I know a few that you can remove from your list with the 1300cc injectors and fuel choice alone. But given your beliefs that all the tuners available are the same maybe you should GIAC a call and see what level support they would like to provide you. I think you'll be surprised. With all tuning it's a pyramid and it's best not to **** off the top for no good reason.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
With this list of modifications what other tuner do you believe would support you? I know a few that you can remove from your list with the 1300cc injectors and fuel choice alone. But given your beliefs that all the tuners available are the same maybe you should GIAC a call and see what level support they would like to provide you. I think you'll be surprised. With all tuning it's a pyramid and it's best not to **** off the top for no good reason.
With all due respect, this thread has nothing to do with GIAC.

There's really no need to smear their name in order to make your point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COBB Updates for 997.2 Turbo - Brake Boosting and Adjustable Launch Control