997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB Updates for 997.2 Turbo - Brake Boosting and Adjustable Launch Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:01 PM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by roncooper
With this list of modifications what other tuner do you believe would support you? I know a few that you can remove from your list with the 1300cc injectors and fuel choice alone. But given your beliefs that all the tuners available are the same maybe you should GIAC a call and see what level support they would like to provide you. I think you'll be surprised. With all tuning it's a pyramid and it's best not to **** off the top for no good reason.
What is your point exactly? If its to be the protector of a brand then you're not doing too well. My comments are just comments and I was simply expressing a little bit of dissatisfaction with no promised features that's all. What exactly is it that you're having a hard time comprehending here? What I have works and it works really well. Does that make you happy? I am not talking about that. I am talking about features promised and not delivered and no ETA in the forseeable future. How one argues about this such as yourself is quite interesting and amusing.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:03 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
With all due respect, this thread has nothing to do with GIAC.

There's really no need to smear their name in order to make your point.
Haha are you being sensitive, since when is stating what a manufactures capabilities are"smearing" them? I only used GIAC as they are a similar company to Cobb... Or not so similar pending your perspective.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:07 PM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by roncooper
Haha are you being sensitive, since when is stating what a manufactures capabilities are"smearing" them? I only used GIAC as they are a similar company to Cobb... Or not so similar pending your perspective.
No further responses will be made your way as it is clear you have a very strong bias and that's fine. I could care less about fanboism that you seem to suffer heavily from and would simply love to see some updates. Moving on.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:04 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Well...............That escalated quickly.

I like COBB and what they offer. I would also love to see Launch Control on my 997.1 and No Lift Shifting would be a plus as well.

That being said, I do feel like they are one of the easiest platforms to work with and for updates to your tune. I worked with RobTuned to get my car dialed in and have been very happy with it. If I had LC I would be even happier, but it's not killing me that it's not there now.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:15 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Yeah i get confused about all these options LC ,Botl & no lift shift all i know is that i have none of them ,every time i ask my tuner they tell not for my car yet.But i do love my Cobb tune in the meantime & have had some very impressive traps at the 1/2 mile events this yr 176 mph my best ,just wonder if they'd be even better with one of these options.