997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pricing Opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
Would Porsche CPO a tuned car?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:00 PM
AZTurbo will become famous soon enough
That is a steal for that car! I would not worry about the DME report in 1 and 2. Everyone gets all bent out of shape with anything more then 40k miles on these cars. Bottom line they are 5-7 year old cars and they were meant to be driven. Putting a car away and rarely driving it is worse then driving it and maintaining it. As long as all the maintenance has been done I wouldn't think twice about it.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I was told by a dealer that they wouldn't cpo a car that had range 4 ignitions. Mine had fewer and the dealer wholesaled the car instead of keeping it.

The car has a lot of miles and had been driven pretty hard. Keep in mind a car with this mileage will have a number of possible maintenence items, not only tires and brakes, but clutch, alternator, a/c, wheel bearings, spark plugs, etc. Be sure to check if there is a record of maintenance.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:16 PM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
Maintenance is superb and all records are with Porsche and carfax shows all maintenance done at Porsche. My local dealer told me flat out if it had any range 5 or 6 that they would deny CPO repair. Range 4 is ok. The 77 Range 4 shows as 1020 hours so around the 30k mark? Calling my local dealer to get their input on this. I would think Porsche would be able to tell if a car was flashed. I have a copy of the CPO inspection and says no DME tampering.

Last edited by regrossman; 09-12-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Brettg06878 will become famous soon enoughBrettg06878 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by akunob
Price on the cab seems fair, everything considered.

Brett, if you're looking for an 09TT then check out the Technik1 turbo. I've seen it in person and its clean! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ack-black.html
I'm sure his car is nice but he wants $105k for a 09 which is not certified.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm really confused now. Called my local dealer who would be working on the car is something bad happened and they will not honor any CPO car with range 4 or higher. Said you cannot CPO a car with PCNA with any range 4 ignitions regardless of how long ago they happened. I'm now confused how in the hell the car is a CPO. Trying to get explanation from selling dealer.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Turns our PCNA requires any car with any stage 4 overrevs to have a leak down and compression test prior to cpo being approved. This is being done today. Turns out the car also has a Europipe on it. Thats a bonus in my eyes but unsure how they missed that during cpo inspection.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:04 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
What is range 4 ignition?

Excuse my ignorance.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
7,400 - 7,900 RPM.

This was probably a missed downshift.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:14 AM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
that price seems like a deal. especially if youre going to drive it. if i were in the market , i would jump on that asap. if there is a better deal out there , i haven't seen it. ive been looking hard. There are garage queens with less miles for alot more money, but your find is alot of car for the money, even without the warranty. i would spring the extra 3k for the extra coverage. a simple differential will set you back double that.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Turned out it could not be CPO'd. I'm buying it as is with good compression and leak down numbers for 57k. I still think its a good deal esp with the europipe.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by regrossman
Turned out it could not be CPO'd. I'm buying it as is with good compression and leak down numbers for 57k. I still think its a good deal esp with the europipe.
Don't 2nd guess it you stole it! Drive it like you stole it actually applies here!!

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 09-13-2014, 01:18 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by regrossman
Hope giving you the warning was helpful. Don't recall the numbers, but a price without the cpo should be less than the one with! Enjoy it!

Old 09-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Hope giving you the warning was helpful. Don't recall the numbers, but a price without the cpo should be less than the one with! Enjoy it!
was very helpful. when i asked for dme report everything changed. they are offering fidelity 4yr 48k power train for 4k. might be worth it?

Old 09-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Tell them they need to sell it to you for 2k since they mislead you on the cpo. Really depends how long you want to own the car. Do you picture owning the cat past 80k miles?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pricing Opinion