997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pricing Opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:50 PM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
i tried but no luck. i really want the car and price is very good for a 2009. i wont be selling this for awhile.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:56 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Enjoy! Always happy to help a fellow member - hit the boards early with buying questions!

Post some pics when you get it!

Old 09-13-2014, 07:39 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
Regrossman--thats a steal for an '09. Enjoy, know you'll love it. $57k for an '09- wow-

I paid $61.7 for mine 18 months ago -'07 997.1TT Tip, 19k miles, 1 owner with 2 yr CPO- Could have got it for $2k less w/o CPO- i took CPO -

Don't get Fidelity Powertrain warranty- only Fidelity to get is the Platinum coverage which states what they exclude in contract. I just bought one for my '07 TT few months ago, even though its still under CPO for another 6 months-

Got Fidelity Platinum 6 yr, 60k addt'l miles, $250 deductible- my car has 24.5k miles- Paid $4300 for it thru Sunset Porsche in Oregon- bought via phone- Call their Fin Mgr to get pricing before you buy locally- With your mileage they may want to see the purchase PPI & price may be higher but check it out. I'm not affiliated with Sunset at all- just satisfied customer-

Last edited by bgrpph; 09-13-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:55 PM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bgrpph
Regrossman--thats a steal for an '09. Enjoy, know you'll love it. $57k for an '09- wow-

I paid $61.7 for mine 18 months ago -'07 997.1TT Tip, 19k miles, 1 owner with 2 yr CPO- Could have got it for $2k less w/o CPO- i took CPO -

Don't get Fidelity Powertrain warranty- only Fidelity to get is the Platinum coverage which states what they exclude in contract. I just bought one for my '07 TT few months ago, even though its still under CPO for another 6 months-

Got Fidelity Platinum 6 yr, 60k addt'l miles, $250 deductible- my car has 24.5k miles- Paid $4300 for it thru Sunset Porsche in Oregon- bought via phone- Call their Fin Mgr to get pricing before you buy locally- With your mileage they may want to see the purchase PPI & price may be higher but check it out. I'm not affiliated with Sunset at all- just satisfied customer-
You got a fantastic deal as well! My main concern is the powertrain. Why would I need the highest coverage when powertrain covers the motor, trans, diff, axles.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:32 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Regrossman, the problem with a power train warranty is that isn't where you will run into issues with this car. The repair costs come from coolant tubes, radiators, TPMS sensors etc and frankly the cost adds up quick. If you are going to spend the $$ to get a warranty, it is a waste to only get the power train.

That being said, these cars are very reliable. Many folks don't get aftermarket warranties at all and everything is fine.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:23 AM
With a 250 deductible, I'm leaning towards dealing with minor issues like O2 sensors on my own. I'm looking to avoid an expensive repair bill if something happens inside engine or trans. I took the chance on my 996 TT and it was solid. Not sure if I should just buy it as is. Does the 997 have the same 2ns gear pop out potential like the 996? Compression test revealed the following. I think this motor is healthy and strong.

How do these numbers look?

Old 09-14-2014, 08:23 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I would agree with you. You should buy insurance to cover things you would not typically have reserve for, like a blown engine or tranny - disaster insurance. I would get a $1000 deductible, but that's me. Don't know the numbers, but by memory they look pretty good. Did you check the boost on the car? In sport mode, does it go to over boost? In over boost, do you see 17 lbs of boost on the meter? In normal mode, do you see a peek of 14 lbs? This the factory output. With an EP, the car should easily hit these numbers, a stock car will be pushed a bit more to reach them.

Curious, did they make you pay for rear tires? That was a pretty penny for Michelins. Last time I priced them, they were $1200 for a set of 4. Good choice if that's what you put on.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:12 PM
They are covering new brakes and tires in the price. Front had almost new pilot super sport and they said they would buy the same for the rear. Fine with me as thats the tire i would have purchased.

I will double check boost when i pick it up. Does the boost guage in the car read psi or bar? 996 was 1 bar tuned.

Last edited by regrossman; 09-14-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:04 PM
That's great, glad to hear it. Well done! I think you can change the language, but it should read out in psi. Enjoy!

Old 09-25-2014, 06:14 AM
Boost readouts are good. Car drives great! Has new front and rear pilot sports as well as 4 new rotors from the dealer. Ended up paying 57,300 for the car. I'm half done by drive home from Texas and loving this car.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Redwine702
That's a steal get it drive it and don't look back high miles my *** buy it to drive these cars are like energizer bunnies! That tecknic one is ridiculously overpriced!
and its a manual.. I think a lot of people are gonna wonder why their 6spds dont sell in 5 years.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Regrossman, the problem with a power train warranty is that isn't where you will run into issues with this car. The repair costs come from coolant tubes, radiators, TPMS sensors etc and frankly the cost adds up quick. If you are going to spend the $$ to get a warranty, it is a waste to only get the power train.

That being said, these cars are very reliable. Many folks don't get aftermarket warranties at all and everything is fine.
+1 the stupid TPMS are the worst. Find a decent porsche guy and you will pay about half but still 2x more than with any other car.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Squat
and its a manual.. I think a lot of people are gonna wonder why their 6spds dont sell in 5 years.
I have to agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 09-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I don't know if it is just me, but I think too much weight is being placed on this overrev thing. It just never made sense to me, if the compression test or preferably a leak down test shows fine what does it matter!

As my shop that specializes on Porsches and does a lot of work for their race cars said, if the leak down test shows fine what does it matter. If the leak down test comes back fine, that would be the ultimate test IF any of the over revs ACTUALLY damaged any mechanical components (ie valves, rings, rods etc).

I believe many good cars/deals are past by, because too much weight is put into this "dyno" number test....the real test is how does she perform and what numbers does she pull in the real world aka leak down test!

My car had a rev 3 and after looking for 7 months and finding the machine that I have always wanted, I almost gave it up because of a "Porsche rev count!!"! After Autowerks and other well respected companies in the industry reaffirmed what I knew to be true, I quickly wrote a cheque for my beast!

You can have any car that has many miles or less miles, raced or granny driven to the mall....a leakdown test would show the actual health of the motor.

Do it and if all comes back well, go enjoy your beast (if the rest of the car checks out fine of course!)!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm loving this car and the PCM3 system is a major upgrade from what was in my 2004 TT. Has cable to connnect directly to my iphone via the center console. Truly in love with this car and the europipe... sounds... fantastic! I'm addicted to the sound of the turbos with the Europipe and a cold start is downright intoxicating.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pricing Opinion