997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wrapping my Turbo ... ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
Joe your car is amazing. I know it's not the look for many P-car owners but I reallyrics like it. Great job!!

Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
if you are trying to go stealth with your wheels then go a Matte color, like a matte black.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lysoleverywhere
Heres my car with bits and pieces wrapped to give you some ideas. Joe Joe's Porsche
It looks so cool with the top all wrapped, Nice contrast!

Old 09-24-2014, 09:47 AM
c4srojo will become famous soon enough
Darren Merkle and his team at Shadowgraphix in Indianapolis is the best in the country. They have done many Indy car wraps (including Gannassi), ALMS, etc. as well as street cars and other vehicle types. Check them out. Highest recommendation. Good guys and meticulous.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Thanx for the updated photo job, Joe. Really appreciate it.

Still not sure the blue wraps would go with my top. ??

And .... I agree. Your car is pretty terrific looking. I do prefer more of a stealth mode these days. Especially the way I drive. I like Kermit, too.

Some of the matte finishes look nice, but wonder how they hold up on a DD. And, how they clean up, too.

Last edited by Bagger; 09-24-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bagger
Thanx for the updated photo job, Joe. Really appreciate it.

Still not sure the blue wraps would go with my top. ??

And .... I agree. Your car is pretty terrific looking. I do prefer more of a stealth mode these days. Especially the way I drive. I like Kermit, too.

Some of the matte finishes look nice, but wonder how they hold up on a DD. And, how they clean up, too.
Its matte so you arent gonna be working to get it glossy. That is the stinking point about black wheels. I think if you are going stealth then you shouldnt have a shiny glossy car with black wheels.

Disclaimer i hate black wheels, they take so much away from the car.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
I respectfully disagree with you, Squat .... I have satin black HREs and they look terrific. Brake dust is satin black, too. Every time I'm at the dealership, everyone remarks positively about the 'mean look' my car has with the black wheels, black exhaust tips, and blacked out tint. I agree.

My concerns with matte wraps would be difficulty cleaning it if some stain occurs with bird droppings, or (for instance) maple tree seedlings. I park under a tree while at work to keep the car in the shade, and away from other cars. I admit, I don't wash it every week ... it's a DD ... but, I do want it look classy most often. I know matte motorcycle paint is a PITA to keep looking good ... from what I've heard.

But, on another front ... I think the problem with my car is the color of the top. If it were black, I think there would be many different colors of wraps that would look good. But, the blue top ... ?? Not so much.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Bagger
I respectfully disagree with you, Squat .... I have satin black HREs and they look terrific. Brake dust is satin black, too. Every time I'm at the dealership, everyone remarks positively about the 'mean look' my car has with the black wheels, black exhaust tips, and blacked out tint. I agree.

My concerns with matte wraps would be difficulty cleaning it if some stain occurs with bird droppings, or (for instance) maple tree seedlings. I park under a tree while at work to keep the car in the shade, and away from other cars. I admit, I don't wash it every week ... it's a DD ... but, I do want it look classy most often. I know matte motorcycle paint is a PITA to keep looking good ... from what I've heard.

But, on another front ... I think the problem with my car is the color of the top. If it were black, I think there would be many different colors of wraps that would look good. But, the blue top ... ?? Not so much.
Agree to disagree

well then if you are wanting a car with less upkeep, seeing you dont have to wash the wheels...? Then Matte would be what you want.

Humans are weird, people caught staring at the person with a face tattoo say, I love your tattoo, they dont always think its that great.
Black wheels are hard to see, and you lose all the details in the shadows.
Hell even stealth fighters dont use black wheels.
To each their own, I am hoping you like them as you have to live with them

Old 09-29-2014, 02:37 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Some weeks ago my GT silver 911tt got new skin named - Avery Supreme Bright Blue Metallic

Now old silver looks quite uninteresting

And here is video bout wrapping -

In real world new blue skin looks much better than in pictures, defenitly worth mod for 1-2 years

Last edited by wirx; 09-29-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
WOW, WIRX ...

Extremely impressive wrap !! I absolutely love this stuff.

I wish I could find someone here in the States ... rather in New England ...
that could do this quality of work.

Your car looks stunning, m'friend. Wow ... Wow !!

Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 AM
xzfbsdh is on a distinguished road
i was actually thinking of doing that myself that color is wild do it !!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Well .... decided not to wrap the car. Altho, I've seen some really, really terrific jobs on this message board.

I started toying around with this and that, and finally decided to get a new car.
I think this was what I was trying to avoid with "wrapping" my present car.

So, I have a pre-ordered TT (non-S) coupe due in mid January.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:59 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Estonia, wow, never would have thought it. Looks slightly metallic, but not reflective like some wraps I've seen. Nicely done. Bagger, cool choice on a new one, but they are just major bucks. I'd love to see the price of a wrap at $2k. Curious wirx, how much labor was in the install? I'm just thinking 40 man hours at $50/hour is $2k. Guess it isn't going to get to that price even if the material is free.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Labor was about 3 days, 2 worker job, cost in Estonia was ~2000$ with material.
Usual car takes 1.5 days 2 workers, Porsche seems in beginning easy, but Turbo had so much air ducts and () rounded corners.
And it sure shines almost as good as new paint. If you look about 1ft then you will see and understand that, mybe it is not a paint and can be wrap

I think same wrap is available US also.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:37 AM
mmmazing will become famous soon enough
i have the same color combo with brown top and thinking of wrapping my car in yellow or red. Still looking for reputable installer around Philadelphia area, any suggestions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrapping my Turbo ... ??