997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wrapping my Turbo ... ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Wrapping my Turbo ... ??

Typically, I change cars every 2-3 years. But, not this time so far.

I really love my 2009 Turbo cabrio. I've done some stuff to it to make it look better to me, too.

Added some satin black HRE wheels, short shifter, FVD tune, Cargraphic Loud exhaust, window tint, black chrome exhaust tips.

But, I was at the dealer's the other day to get an oil change and saw a 991 S coupe in Mexico blue on the show room floor. I've always liked MB and this car was very nice.

Now, I'm not about to toss my car and purchase a special paint MB 991 Turbo at this point for several reasons. But .... I wonder if wrapping the car in Mexico vinyl would look cool?

My car is Midnight Blue with a blue cab top and natural leather.

Wondering if I leave the mirrors, side intakes and wing in Midnight Blue, so the interior Midnight Blue would not look "odd" ... wondering if this would look good with this look?

I can't get a rendering of this look, but tho't I'd toss it out here on the forum. I'm sure some will give me an opinion.

Thanx.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:50 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
post a few high res pics of your car, I'm sure someone can do a rough photoshop for you

Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 PM
THEWATCHBOSS is on a distinguished road
i was actually thinking of doing that myself that color is wild do it !!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:28 PM
AreaOne has a spectacular aura aboutAreaOne has a spectacular aura about
Old 09-19-2014, 01:29 AM
brent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the rough
I was researching companies to do the vinyl wrap on my car in that very color. In the end, after seeing multiple vinyl wrapped cars in person, I decided the quality of a vinyl wrap wasn't for me, especially considering a $3-5k cost.

If it keeps you from getting a new car, maybe it's worth it. Make sure you try before you buy though.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I vote Riviera Blue Just make sure you pick a color you really like, if not you can always pull it off down the road.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Mine is being wrapped Grabber Blue, which is a Mustang color. It should look pretty good with the yellow calipers and seat belts. Will post pics once its finished.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:12 AM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Subscribed! Looking to do this down the road and want to know who has a blue vinyl wrap closest to this colour

Old 09-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
I'm surprised that I received 'positive' feed back on this potential project. I figured I'd get the proverbial raspberry response. Kewl !

Yeah, Riviera Blue is good, too. Where can I see photos of ECS's car? Couldn't find it on your web site.

I've seen a red wrapped car from Dubai that was spectacular. Dude paid like $2500 USD for the job and it was really, really well done from what I could see. I think it was on this MB, too.

Wrapping is prolly like all things. Depends on who's doing the job and what product are they using.

I'm still going to try to move slowly along this track. I don't have a problem spending $3K for something that will last 3-5 years. I've done more stupid things in the past.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
We don't have any up of just the car, but we do have product shots with it. To view the items which showcase some of the best pictures Click Here. Let me know if you want any other shots or have questions, feel free to PM any time. I'll be back in the office on Monday at 9:30.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
DO it!

Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
by the way, I think you would have one of very few, if not the only riviera / mexico turbo 997 cab in the USA.

I have never seen a 997 turbo CAB in those blue colors

Old 09-19-2014, 04:27 PM
I just viewed about 30 pages of Mexico vs Riviera Blue Porsches. Wow !!

I like Mexico better ... a bit darker blue.

My concerns are .... well, my cab top is BLUE, not black. Not sure that makes any difference, tho. Since I'm tending to keep the mirrors, side intakes and tail fin in Midnight Blue as well. Trying to tie this together, tho I'm not sure this would work. Plus, the interior is natural leather. ??

Need a rendering of that combination.

I guess I could do this combination and if not good ... wrap the rest. ??

What do you think?

Old 09-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
100% do it. Have you ever heard anyone say anything bad about mexico blue?

Heck no.

Its the best color Porsche.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:07 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cscat
Mine is being wrapped Grabber Blue, which is a Mustang color. It should look pretty good with the yellow calipers and seat belts. Will post pics once its finished.
Since you are in LI, who is doing it for you and how is the cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrapping my Turbo ... ??