997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Funny stuff??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I bought mine sight unseen from Ohio (I'm in Canada). Had it PPIed remotely at the local P dealer in Ohio and spoke on the phone with the tech doing the PPI. Trusted what he had to say and the car was a winner. There were no red flags. When you find the car you should buy there will be no red flags. The car you mentioned is ALL red flag, lol.
it would be funny if the car was guards red

Old 09-19-2014, 09:39 AM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not unreasonable at all - the good reputable sellers/dealers wouldn't hesitate at all. My last 6 purchases have all been out of state, both dealers and private parties. Too many red flags with this one - move on.
Thanks, I thought so as well.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
I bought mine sight unseen from Ohio (I'm in Canada). Had it PPIed remotely at the local P dealer in Ohio and spoke on the phone with the tech doing the PPI. Trusted what he had to say and the car was a winner. There were no red flags. When you find the car you should buy there will be no red flags. The car you mentioned is ALL red flag, lol.
Glad your transaction went smoothly. Leave it to me to find a crap seller. Just goes to show the world is not all that pretty out there.

Originally Posted by Squat
it would be funny if the car was guards red
It's not guards red lol.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I bought mine from a private seller out of state. He sent me additional photos, spent a lot of time with me on the phone, delivered my car to a shop for the PPI, scanned and emailed to me the front and back of his title (this is necessary to establish that there are no liens on the vehicle), and he basically rolled out the red carpet--as you would EXPECT from someone to whom you plan wiring a substantial sum of money!

Old 09-19-2014, 11:25 AM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Domer911
I bought mine from a private seller out of state. He sent me additional photos, spent a lot of time with me on the phone, delivered my car to a shop for the PPI, scanned and emailed to me the front and back of his title (this is necessary to establish that there are no liens on the vehicle), and he basically rolled out the red carpet--as you would EXPECT from someone to whom you plan wiring a substantial sum of money!
That's EXACTLY what I imagined a proper transaction to be.

Mind me asking, after PPI, photos, and title proof, did you then wire the seller the funds, and then arrange transport?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:32 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I suspect the only reason the OP has entertained this "seller" for this long (and even asked the 6Speed community) is that the deal/price is quite attractive or otherwise compelling. I would advise the OP to heed the warning "if it looks too good to be true, it usually isn't". docboy, you polled the audience, I would go with the vote...Pass on this car, that should be your final answer.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Common ebay scam

Old 09-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by akunob
I suspect the only reason the OP has entertained this "seller" for this long (and even asked the 6Speed community) is that the deal/price is quite attractive or otherwise compelling. I would advise the OP to heed the warning "if it looks too good to be true, it usually isn't". docboy, you polled the audience, I would go with the vote...Pass on this car, that should be your final answer.
Your assumptions are correct. The price was attractive, not on the far end of the lowest spectrum, but it was a good price.

I have passed on this seller and am moving on to other potential sales. Right now, I'm just entertaining ideas for future transactions to ensure it a safe and legitimate one.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by docboy
That's EXACTLY what I imagined a proper transaction to be.

Mind me asking, after PPI, photos, and title proof, did you then wire the seller the funds, and then arrange transport?

First, I'm not a lawyer and I didn't hire one to oversee the transaction. If you're on the verge of making a purchase, PM me if you want me to send you the contract I drew up. My advice is to consider more than just one option, however.

Here's what I did:

1. Seller sent me front and back of title
2. I wire-tranfered half the money up-front (after seeing the title)
3. Seller then signed his title over to me, and sent it to me next-day
4. Once I had the title in-hand, I wired the balance of the purchase price to the Seller.
5. Seller released the vehicle to the transport carrier that I hired to pick it up.

It's a simple one-page agreement. I cannot emphasize enough...by the time you reach the point of being ready to wire your money, you should have done plenty of homework on the seller. By the time I wired down-payment, I knew where the seller lived, where he worked, I had had a discussion with his banker, and I googled the crap out of him. Also--and maybe most importantly, I relied on my instincts. I had several conversations with my seller, and I was very comfortable with him by the time we made our deal.

One kind of funny footnote...My seller told me he babied the car, never rained on, in garage, zero scratches or chips, yada yada. When the carrier arrived to get the car the seller was not at home, but one of his teenagers was. Transport driver had to wait two hours to get the vehicle because the seller had blocked it in to his two-deep garage and hidden the key to the second car. His family had to get hold of him so he could tell them where the key to the second car was. He didn't want anyone messing with the car before the transport showed up. This was encouraging to me because the guy turned out to be as OCD as I am. There wasn't a single scratch or road chip on the car when it arrived here. It was a great experience. Hope yours is too!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:21 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docboy
Your assumptions are correct. The price was attractive, not on the far end of the lowest spectrum, but it was a good price.

I have passed on this seller and am moving on to other potential sales. Right now, I'm just entertaining ideas for future transactions to ensure it a safe and legitimate one.
If he lives in a rural area it may be worthwhile forwarding your communications with him to the local Sheriff or LEO agency. Sometimes they get a huge woody and get excited to investigate things like this.

Either that or it is the Sheriff's cousin...

Good luck with your search!

Old 09-20-2014, 01:16 PM
mynextdeal is on a distinguished road
If you really must

As a transporter myself that has bought everything from from hid's to a peterbilt on eBay I would test him with an independent inspector that will go to him an see where it goes from there. If that doesn't scare him away and he let's someone there to inspect you can verify all of the claims third party. If that fails I will sell you my carrera (not bought off of eBay). I will give you the vin and you can do a car fax today.....Fletcher ALL Aboard Auto Transport 800 670 7112 or 646 749 67359 Cell. At the very least I can ship your new baby no who or where you by it from. Hint The Boonies will cost you an arm and a leg, but get used to that feeling your buying a Porsche.....LOL

Last edited by mynextdeal; 09-20-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Bad vibe, walk away