997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

150,000 kilometers & counting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
150,000 kilometers & counting

My 2007 Porsche Turbo just turned 150,000 kilometers from Canadian winter driving, California road trips and track weekends. What are car!
I take very good care of it re proactive work and detailing. Any thoughts on what work might need to be done in the next 50,000 kilometers. I have worn out a Bilstein PASM coil over and need a new one soon. All O rings replaced. Runs sweet - no problems.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:21 PM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
Amazing! I just purchased my pre-owned '08 last October from Texas and this will be it's first official winter - I chose to store it last year.

Glad to hear you are treking though our CDN winters and still going strong! I look fwd to driving mine this winter season.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:48 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kafka997
My 2007 Porsche Turbo just turned 150,000 kilometers from Canadian winter driving, California road trips and track weekends. What are car!
I take very good care of it re proactive work and detailing. Any thoughts on what work might need to be done in the next 50,000 kilometers. I have worn out a Bilstein PASM coil over and need a new one soon. All O rings replaced. Runs sweet - no problems.
Nice! No garage queen here.
Haven't seen you around here for a while, good to know that the AWE package and the Pcar itself is durable. I'm only at 60000km, but I put her away for the winter.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:17 PM
crgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to all
Did you oil spray yours? I just bought an '07 and it just turned over 120000kms. I'm planning on using it in the winter at some point. I know oil spraying will protect the suspension and body, but I'm a bit concerned about the condenser, radiators, and intercoolers. I'm new to the area (Ottawa) and people are saying that they use a spray a calcium solution on the roads in the winter and it eats A/C condensers. I'd spray those parts too, but I wonder if it will screw up the heat transfer. What do you guys think?

Old 09-20-2014, 09:22 PM
crgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to allcrgf1k is a name known to all

Oh, and one other concern I have about winter driving...I the side window is iced over, and you go to open the door, isn't the window prevented from automatically lowering an inch to let you open the door? I suppose you could keep a small scraper in your jacket?

Old 09-21-2014, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by crgf1k
Oh, and one other concern I have about winter driving...I the side window is iced over, and you go to open the door, isn't the window prevented from automatically lowering an inch to let you open the door? I suppose you could keep a small scraper in your jacket?
Your definitely going to want to carry an ice scraper in the car, the ice on Windows is bound to happen.

Winter tires, ice scraper/brush and a set of Weather Tech mats is all you should need.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by 9LVN_TT
Your definitely going to want to carry an ice scraper in the car, the ice on Windows is bound to happen.

Winter tires, ice scraper/brush and a set of Weather Tech mats is all you should need.

Ya I guess if the scraper is in the trunk and the remote works you should be fine. I guess I'm a little worried because a when I worked as a mechanic I saw a lot of broken window regulators in the winter...but that was in the 90s and cars were junk back then haha. Are you going to oil spray yours?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by crgf1k
Ya I guess if the scraper is in the trunk and the remote works you should be fine. I guess I'm a little worried because a when I worked as a mechanic I saw a lot of broken window regulators in the winter...but that was in the 90s and cars were junk back then haha. Are you going to oil spray yours?
No oil spray for me. I drove my Audi RS4 through 3 solid winters and no rust was found. I'm confident the car will be fine.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM
born2boost is on a distinguished road
Thats very impressive! Do you do any further maintenance because of the track usage? How many track days would you say you have done problem free??

Old 09-22-2014, 11:36 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Very Nice, what mods do you have? Is you ecu tuned?

Old 09-22-2014, 01:01 PM
How about posting some pics? Let's see what a 150K KM 997TT should look like!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
How are your PCCBs holding up?