997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 injector install

Old 09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
997.1 injector install

I have searched around and really haven't found any information on this. There is a little for the 996, but nothing I have seen specific to 997. I don't have the facilities to drop the engine, although that looks like the simplest way to go about it.

Any one have any pro tips? My car is overrunning my current injector setup (Protomotive 80lbs / 5 bar FPR) on E85 and I am planning on installing some Injector Dynamics ID1300s.

All info appreciated...

Old 09-23-2014, 03:25 PM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Try these two links although I know they are both 996 specific, from everything I have read there is no difference:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tall-tips.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...placement.html

Old 09-23-2014, 03:45 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Thanks, that's what I was curious about more than anything. If there was anything different about the 997. Guess I will get cracking on this.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:39 PM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
997 is easier than 996.all the job should be done in 3 to 4 hours.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 PM
rix
Well that's encouraging, thanks for the information. If you don't mind sharing what about the 997 is easier?

Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 AM
rix
I started working on it tonight.

I don't know on what planet this is easy, but it hasn't been incredibly terrible thus far. I just about have the drivers side fuel rail out after about 1.5 hours of effort. Most of that though was clearing out the garage, getting the car up on jack stands so it was at an easier working height, etc.

These ID1300s are extremely cool. The internals are fully stainless steel, and were designed from the ground up for alternative fuels and ethanol. Unlike some of the other 997 injector kits which require rail spacers these have the spacers built into (grey "hats") the injector body for ease of installation. They also come with really nice plug 'n play adapters so no modifications to the wiring harness are necessary.

Here are some pictures of the injectors that I took tonight;

Inlet from the rail.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Glad you are getting it sorted! They are great injectors!

-Mitch

Old 09-27-2014, 05:38 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Looking good Dan. Nice write up.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i strongly suggest you avoid adapters. they caused all manor of issues on my friends car and mine as well. hard wire them in and avoid any potential issues. i run the 1300 id inj. as well and my shop hard wired new plug ends to avoid any problems. i also used undercover performance billet fuel rails with an8 fittings to allow enough fuel to flow. will the oem fuel system run enough fuel for 1300 inj? i ran all an8 fuel lines a walbro 465 in tank pump and a magna fuel 625 external pump with proefi controlling them. walbro for up to 5 psi and 625 for everything above that

as a side note the 1300 injector dynamics injectors are the only special order injector they make. it is a high quality product and every set is flow matched and charted

Old 09-27-2014, 12:40 PM
rix
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i strongly suggest you avoid adapters. they caused all manor of issues on my friends car and mine as well. hard wire them in and avoid any potential issues. i run the 1300 id inj. as well and my shop hard wired new plug ends to avoid any problems. i also used undercover performance billet fuel rails with an8 fittings to allow enough fuel to flow. will the oem fuel system run enough fuel for 1300 inj? i ran all an8 fuel lines a walbro 465 in tank pump and a magna fuel 625 external pump with proefi controlling them. walbro for up to 5 psi and 625 for everything above that

as a side note the 1300 injector dynamics injectors are the only special order injector they make. it is a high quality product and every set is flow matched and charted
At a glance I don't see any problem with the adapters? They are solid one-piece and plug right in. The only way I can re-wire the harness would be to drop the engine.

I'm still kind of trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the fuel lines, filter, etc in the long run. I'm hoping that at my current power level the larger injectors will solve my immediate problems.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:18 PM
rix
Well, struggling a bit getting the wiring harness on the driver side out of the way in order to get the rail out. They seem to be pretty tightly intertwined, and even if I were to unplug everything from the harness the remaining wiring is too tight, it doesn't really buy any wiggle room.

Any ideas?

Old 09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
Well, struggling a bit getting the wiring harness on the driver side out of the way in order to get the rail out. They seem to be pretty tightly intertwined, and even if I were to unplug everything from the harness the remaining wiring is too tight, it doesn't really buy any wiggle room.

Any ideas?
i ended up removing the inj. clips and let them stay in while i pulled up on the rail. removed the inj. then it gave me room to slide the rail out. of course the drivers side is cake compared to the pass side!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:00 PM
rix
i ended up removing the inj. clips and let them stay in while i pulled up on the rail. removed the inj. then it gave me room to slide the rail out. of course the drivers side is cake compared to the pass side!
I think (hope) the drivers side is the worst one on the 997. The secondary air pump, inlet pipe, fuel filter, and coolant reservoir are all on the driver side on the 997. I haven't started on the passenger side yet and I'm probably 6-7 hours into the job.

I'm not having a lot of luck, I can't reach the far injector towards the front of the car, and I can't get the wiring harness to release enough to let the rail come out with the injectors attached.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by rix
I think (hope) the drivers side is the worst one on the 997. The secondary air pump, inlet pipe, fuel filter, and coolant reservoir are all on the driver side on the 997. I haven't started on the passenger side yet and I'm probably 6-7 hours into the job.

I'm not having a lot of luck, I can't reach the far injector towards the front of the car, and I can't get the wiring harness to release enough to let the rail come out with the injectors attached.
sec air is on the pass side on the 996. it was a major pain to get out. i had to really pull on the harness, it clips onto the rail. may try prying the clips up as far as you can

Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 PM
rix
sec air is on the pass side on the 996. it was a major pain to get out. i had to really pull on the harness, it clips onto the rail. may try prying the clips up as far as you can
The problem is that there are connections from the harness going down to the top of the head. I think those are coils? Not sure how to get all of that disconnected. My hands don't fit down there.

I now have the three injectors out of the rail, just trying to figure out the best way to get the new ones in there and re-attached to the rail. Such fun this is...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 injector install