997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Stock 997.1 Turbo loss of midrange power?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:47 AM
born2boost is on a distinguished road
Stock 997.1 Turbo loss of midrange power?

Hi Guys

My new to me 997.1 Turbo has a problem. When accelerating flat out the car pulls strong till around 3500rpm where the power seems to fall off drastically and then at around 5800rpm the power returns with a nice surge forward.

I am not sure what the problem is, but it feels like its loosing boost or something.Low done it pulls very strong so I'm suspecting the diverter valves?? I've recently checked the charge pipes and couldn't find any suspect connections

Any idea's as to what this can be?

I dont have a Durametric cable so cant log the car to see what might be the problem.

Please advise

Thanks

Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by born2boost
Hi Guys

My new to me 997.1 Turbo has a problem. When accelerating flat out the car pulls strong till around 3500rpm where the power seems to fall off drastically and then at around 5800rpm the power returns with a nice surge forward.

I am not sure what the problem is, but it feels like its loosing boost or something.Low done it pulls very strong so I'm suspecting the diverter valves?? I've recently checked the charge pipes and couldn't find any suspect connections

Any idea's as to what this can be?

I dont have a Durametric cable so cant log the car to see what might be the problem.

Please advise

Thanks
You need to log get or loan a Durametric! Or follow all advices you will get... actuators, hoses, leaks, maf's

Old 09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
sounds like what my car felt like with a clutch not strong enough after the flash. but it could mean many things...VTG actuators checked and not sticking?