997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another new record?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:09 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Got an update from this customer just now...

Car ran 9.9 @ 138 today!!

I'll post timeslip and vid as soon as I get it.
Outstanding! when I get old and can't shift a 6speed anymore I'll get one of these.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thanks guys! The software is magical in this thing. Another great accomplishment for GIAC and Champion.

Here's a timeslip...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EFI990.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	404619  
Old 10-09-2014, 01:32 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Looks like he had traction with a 1.45 60'
Was this on r888s or DRs?
Congrats

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Looks like he had traction with a 1.45 60'
Was this on r888s or DRs?
Congrats
Thanks Chris...this was on DR's. He always gets faster 60' times with R888's but lower traps. This is the first time back to the track since we last worked on it, so I'm wondering if he runs the R888's, gets a 1.40 60' like he usually does...would it be even lower in the 9's.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
And just to show it wasn't a fluke....he's a few more slips he sent me as the day progresses. He's at the track and still doing runs as I type this...but consistency seems to be pretty much on point.

He sent this pic along with this text.... "I've done about 20 runs, all in the 9's, here's a few slips".

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7145.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	404644  
Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
He sent this pic along with this text.... "I've done about 20 runs, all in the 9's, here's a few slips".
OMG that's nuts. Congrats guys. By the way is this a private track rental? Curious how he gets to keep going. Tom, tell the owner to take a break and cool the car down. We wanna see a 140 trap

Old 10-09-2014, 03:50 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
with those 60' times and with DRs, there no worry about breaking axles or anything else? How stout are the components with those types of launches? Does anything need to be addressed?

Old 10-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by longboarder
OMG that's nuts. Congrats guys. By the way is this a private track rental? Curious how he gets to keep going. Tom, tell the owner to take a break and cool the car down. We wanna see a 140 trap
He gets together with about 5 other guys and they rent the track for the day....probably every two weeks or so.

Originally Posted by jjurroz
with those 60' times and with DRs, there no worry about breaking axles or anything else? How stout are the components with those types of launches? Does anything need to be addressed?
This car must get launched at least 100 times per week....every time he gets behind the wheel, and it gets drag raced at least once per week. So far so good...no issues.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
God I would love to see one of these on MS109 or when some genius works out how to do it for a DFI, with E85, car has quickness and speed of a 800 bhp monster

Old 10-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
God I would love to see one of these on MS109 or when some genius works out how to do it for a DFI, with E85, car has quickness and speed of a 800 bhp monster
This car makes 655hp/650tq to the wheels so it's almost there. We've got some more tricks up our sleeve with this car, but I'm not gonna spill the beans yet.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
OMG, video please!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:25 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Time to sell a kidney so I can mod my car further.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:10 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nice runs indeed, congrats!

That was on ATCO? if it is his running in one of the best tracks in the states... wish we have that kind of prep on our track

Old 10-11-2014, 10:54 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Nice runs indeed, congrats!

That was on ATCO? if it is his running in one of the best tracks in the states... wish we have that kind of prep on our track
Why not rent the track and pay them to prep the track better?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another new record?