997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

**spotted*** 991 gt3rs!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:31 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
What is the tape on the roof for?
To hide the roof's shape...like 997 Sport Classic's..:

There seems to be a similar kink on the hood too.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:11 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
The deep end because I said porsche is interested in performance and they gave up on the 6 spd with the 997?? hahahahahhaha .
This is technically true, but only because Porsche went with a 7 spd manual with the 991.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:50 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I'd like to thank TurboBoostin, Pete, MJSpeed and other members who have something useful to contribute to this thread regarding the original post. For the usual suspects who want to argue about transmissions, find a more productive way to spend your time.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
This is great news, hope its released soon, Geneva Motor Show?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I believe large numbers of allocations have been spoken for unfortunately.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:52 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
Alright everyone, here's the story.

I was out on a nice bike ride with my buddy in The Marin headlands and next thing we know we set the GT3 RS parked on the side of the road. The two guys inside were checking something on their laptop. My buddy and I stopped to snap some photos and take some video. when we were about to snap some closeups of the interior they took off. We thought that was it... then we climbed out, started our descent towards the golden gate then two more zoomed by us. We turned around and watched them to see where they were headed then next thing we know they pulled over. So we sprint up the hill to get a good closeup. They were a little standoffish at first but I kept asking questions trying to get as much information as possible. I asked them where they're staying and they gave me a the general neighborhood which just so happens to be my neighborhood! We rode home, I took a quick shower in hopes I would see them pass by outside. A few minutes later, they did! I took off outside and found them parked in front of their hotel since a member of their crew needed to use the restroom.

Turns out it was six Porsche Engineers along with a mechanic doing testing. I told them I had a 997 and so did my buddy and they opened up a little bit. Their plan was to check the cars performance in all different types of climates and elevation. They started in AZ then made their way to Death Valley, Mammoth Lake, SoCal then North to the Bay Area. They wouldn't field too many of my questions but they did confirm that it will only be offered in PDK. I asked about the air vents and potential turbo but they didn't directly answer my question. They were not happy that I snapped the photo of the interior but I had to. They mentioned next year it will be available for purchase.

I offered them beers but they had to take the cars to the airport a few hours later. I was hoping to get the real scoop then. Here's an additional photo and video that my buddy was able to grab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08t...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-20-2014, 02:53 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Also, rear tires were 325s.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TurboBoostin

Thanks for sharing your story! Quite the find.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:56 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Alright everyone, here's the story.

I was out on a nice bike ride with my buddy in The Marin headlands and next thing we know we set the GT3 RS parked on the side of the road. The two guys inside were checking something on their laptop. My buddy and I stopped to snap some photos and take some video. when we were about to snap some closeups of the interior they took off. We thought that was it... then we climbed out, started our descent towards the golden gate then two more zoomed by us. We turned around and watched them to see where they were headed then next thing we know they pulled over. So we sprint up the hill to get a good closeup. They were a little standoffish at first but I kept asking questions trying to get as much information as possible. I asked them where they're staying and they gave me a the general neighborhood which just so happens to be my neighborhood! We rode home, I took a quick shower in hopes I would see them pass by outside. A few minutes later, they did! I took off outside and found them parked in front of their hotel since a member of their crew needed to use the restroom.

Turns out it was six Porsche Engineers along with a mechanic doing testing. I told them I had a 997 and so did my buddy and they opened up a little bit. Their plan was to check the cars performance in all different types of climates and elevation. They started in AZ then made their way to Death Valley, Mammoth Lake, SoCal then North to the Bay Area. They wouldn't field too many of my questions but they did confirm that it will only be offered in PDK. I asked about the air vents and potential turbo but they didn't directly answer my question. They were not happy that I snapped the photo of the interior but I had to. They mentioned next year it will be available for purchase.

I offered them beers but they had to take the cars to the airport a few hours later. I was hoping to get the real scoop then. Here's an additional photo and video that my buddy was able to grab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08t...ature=youtu.be
Awesome. That will be a beast for sure.

Any idea if it's a 4L?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
What a story very lucky

Old 10-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Awesome. That will be a beast for sure.

Any idea if it's a 4L?
Sry no mention of 4.0.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Sry no mention of 4.0.
All the Internet rumors (that I have seen anyway) say higher output 3.8, which I guess gives Porsche room for a limited edition 991 gt3rs 4.0. Which would make sense after how successful that was with the 997.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
All the Internet rumors (that I have seen anyway) say higher output 3.8, which I guess gives Porsche room for a limited edition 991 gt3rs 4.0. Which would make sense after how successful that was with the 997.
Well with the wars between the Teams... chevy will slap a jet engine in the c7 if they have too. Of course the version we get might flame on start. I am guessing its going to be a monster.

Granted it is probably a purchase that will gain 100k on delivery. Almost be a toss up between a cup car and it

Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
The one with no spoiler? You loved that hideous car and idea.... Or did you change it. I don't defend it I point out what a bad idea a manual is if you are looking for the best Porsche has to offer.
"Best" is a matter of opinion. You can spend less money and buy a new Corvette and be faster than a 991 GT3 so if your interest is purely performance save your money.
Many people, myself included bought GT3's for the entire driving experience which included the involvement you get from a manual transmission and we made that choice even though there were other cars that could out perform them.
The issue is not that PDK is offered in the new GT3, the issue is that there isn't a choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **spotted*** 991 gt3rs!!!