997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ppi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:04 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Ppi

Sorry if this is a dumb question... used search but didn't come up with anything that really answered what I was looking for.

Likely buying a 2012 Turbo S tomorrow w/ 10k miles on it and remaining factory warranty. I'm asking the dealer (mercedes dealer) to send the car across the street to Porsche for a PPI.

Do I need to specify anything specific re: the PPI?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
DME/ECU report - although this is not a guarantee that there has or has not been abuse to the engine. It will give you a hint of how the car has been driven. Its up to you to decide how important that is.

Have them inspect the ceramic rotors for chips from sloppy wheel removal.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
DME/ECU report - although this is not a guarantee that there has or has not been abuse to the engine. It will give you a hint of how the car has been driven. Its up to you to decide how important that is.

Have them inspect the ceramic rotors for chips from sloppy wheel removal.
Thank you. Will the PPI give me remaining pad life as well? What about compression/leakdown test? I assume as long as factory warranty and the DME/ECU report is clean I don't need to do the compression/leak down test? It was a 47 year old woman that traded in the car (single owner) on an S class mercedes. I doubt she tracked it. PCCB life/condition though agreed is a giant factor... I don't care to do an $18,500 brake job (just parts cost for rotors) + labor anytime soon.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by guab
Thank you. Will the PPI give me remaining pad life as well? What about compression/leakdown test? I assume as long as factory warranty and the DME/ECU report is clean I don't need to do the compression/leak down test? It was a 47 year old woman that traded in the car (single owner) on an S class mercedes. I doubt she tracked it. PCCB life/condition though agreed is a giant factor... I don't care to do an $18,500 brake job (just parts cost for rotors) + labor anytime soon.

Woman driver = curb rash.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
Woman driver = curb rash.
Haha.. true story. I had to put mud tires on my range rover so my wife wouldn't ding them up.

Good news though -- there's no curb rash on these

Old 10-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you've already arranged it, the odds are against the P-car dealership doing your PPI.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:35 AM
I already arranged it at Champion Porsche ... hopefully good news.