997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2009 Porsche GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:47 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
WOW, I'm jealous, what a rare car. I'm not in the price range of a 997 GT2, but I seriously considered a 996 GT2 before acquiring my 09 TT. They were around for sale in the 70-80 price range for pristine examples which is serious performance for the price with nothing but upside on value. I don't even mind the 996 front end on the GT2 version, although the interior's still weak.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
yes a great car indeed !I just love mine A Cobb tune ,a TPC PASM unit and you are hooked up! Enjoy your new ride, she is a beauty!Black rules!Here ’s mine

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6723.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	406536  
Old 11-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the kind comments gents.

Turbo back Tubi exhaust, Champion Intercoolers, GIAC tune and IPD Plenum should have this bumped up to 570whp on 93 Octane. 19' HRE's on the way as well.

Car will be done in 10 days and will post pics when finished.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Sladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura about
Very interested to hear your reaction to the mods. At what altitude do you live? I'm at 6,000 ft. and have access to 91 octane. Hence, there's a substantial hit to performance off-boost and some on-boost.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Sladep
Very interested to hear your reaction to the mods. At what altitude do you live? I'm at 6,000 ft. and have access to 91 octane. Hence, there's a substantial hit to performance off-boost and some on-boost.
What do you mean reaction to mods?

Im in Toronto. Will be running it on 100 octane a lot of the time and 93 octane sometimes as well.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Sladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura about
Liquid Assets,
By "reaction to mods", I meant how did they perform, are there things that you are really pleased about and others that you are wishing worked differently or better. E.G. when transitioning from closed throttle to open throttle, how smooth is it/does it "slam" much? How is your off-boost torque?, etc. There are not many modded 997 GT2's, so it's good to hear how the various mods have been working. thx

Old 11-03-2014, 02:22 AM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
I have a 08 GT2 and have installed a Cobb Tune, FVD Headers and a GMG WC Exhaust. This combination has completely transformed the car. I would highly recommend the Cobb tune as it is easy to use, has unparalleled support and is faultless.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
GTRETA You need the TPC PASM unit ! Just awesome!
Totally agree on the Cobb!

Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
I've been meaning to contact TPC to get one, I have been seeing many great reviews.

I'm also doing 68mm VTG's and am just deciding on intercoolers, not sure if I should do Champions or AMS?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:43 PM
The only other mods you need are light weight fly wheel and clutch.A Guards diff.
We just replaced mine.I was amazed how worn the clutch and fly wheel were. Only 7k on my car.Very eager to see how much better the car is with the changes.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Greta,
be sure to let us know what you think after you get those 68's on board, especially since it's a GT2. Curious about how the car's balance is affected.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by roketman
The only other mods you need are light weight fly wheel and clutch.A Guards diff.
We just replaced mine.I was amazed how worn the clutch and fly wheel were. Only 7k on my car.Very eager to see how much better the car is with the changes.
What Clutch/Flywheel did you go for?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sladep
Greta,
be sure to let us know what you think after you get those 68's on board, especially since it's a GT2. Curious about how the car's balance is affected.
Will do, might be a few months away though as I am just getting used to the power that the Tune/Exhaust has given.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Roketman, do you know if your GT2 has had a lot of launches/clutch drops? I'm at 16,000 miles and have no signs of clutch wear or stress. I drive it hard, but never launch. Just curious to know if your car's wear is from the enhanced power or from starts.

Gtreta, thanks, will look forward to hearing about your build and your thoughts after you get familiar with the car in its current config and then after you add in the 68's. Frankly, I'm not sure how much more it can handle with RWD.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Don’t know if had any launches .It was not driven to hard as the owner had an unfornunate accident and was unable to drive the car..Guards diff .I can’t remember the clutch and fly wheel but it was the one everyone recommended on the forums

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Porsche GT2