997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

HELP! How Do I Jump 997TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
HELP! How Do I Jump 997TT?

Just got back from a trip and my new to me TT is waiting but was dead. I found the positive jump pin in the fuse panel but it just pushed further in. How the heck do I get it out? Or is there an alternate way to jump it?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Evoking
Just got back from a trip and my new to me TT is waiting but was dead. I found the positive jump pin in the fuse panel but it just pushed further in. How the heck do I get it out? Or is there an alternate way to jump it?

I had to pull mine out with a pair of needle nose pliers, pull it out till you can get your fingers on it and then use your fingers to pull it out fully extended.

Or Push power through your Cigarette lighter port enough o pop the frunk.

Last edited by cam99; 10-23-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Try pulling the positive pin in the fusebox out with the fuse removal tool, or find something to gently pry on it so you can get some leverage. The only thing I did with that pin when I jumped my car was pop the frunk (front trunk). Try using the door hinge plate as a negative/ground while powering it up.

At that point you spin the two release pins of the battery cover (nearest the windshield in the center, says Porsche on it). From there it is like any other car.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
The problem is that the positive terminal has pushed in further since I could not get the fuse tool around it. I have skinny tweezers but they're hard to get around it too. How do I push power through cig lighter and will I damage something by jumping through it?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
You should be able to get it out. Try a skinny screwdriver or something and see if you can get in there and get some leverage.

If you have a battery tender you could use that through the lighter port. Only use it to open the trunk though. You want to connect directly to the battery.

Don't jump the car through the internal wiring, be it the positive post in the fusebox or through the cigarette lighter. There is a reason jumper cables are pretty thick .

Old 10-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Was able to use a wire hanger to enter the slot under it and hook pull the red slot above. Its out and I'm attaching cable. Very small spark and not enough to even power seats. Is this normal?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Ok. So I just use the internal terminal to open the hood. Well when connected to the internal terminal the hood still won't open. Not enough power. What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
If all else fails, get one of these (G3500) from Amazon ($58), plug it into the 12 volt port in the center arm rest and let it resurrect the battery. These really are quite amazing and will recharge batteries that otherwise would be given up for dead. You can also use them for a trickle charger - I keep mine plugged in all the time. GL

http://www.geniuschargers.com/?ADV=L...HUCc0XSVN9X9iw

Amazon.com: NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.5 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer: Automotive Amazon.com: NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.5 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer: Automotive

PS You may have to order the 12v cigarette lighter attachment separately - I don't recall.

Last edited by Steamboat; 10-23-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Ok. So I just use the internal terminal to open the hood. Well when connected to the internal terminal the hood still won't open. Not enough power. What do you think I'm doing wrong?
Trickle charge the battery through the terminal for a while and try using the key fob to open the frunk. Battery is probably really dead.
Steamboat has the means to open via cigarette lighters.

last resort is to find the manual means of opening the frunk, may have to take off fender inner liner though or the turn signal, not sure which is right.

Last edited by cam99; 10-23-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:21 AM
How do you open with the key fob? I see a key emblem and a trunk emblem. I assume the key emblem locks and unlocks the doors? The little instructions say after attaching terminals you then press the key button?

Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 AM
How do you open with the key fob? I see a key emblem and a trunk emblem. I assume the key emblem locks and unlocks the doors? The little instructions say after attaching terminals you then press the key button?
With another battery or a trickle charger connected to the terminal in the Fuse box and ground to the chassis (door hinge, etc).
Press the button on you key fob that opens the frunk. There should be two buttons, one for your doors and one for the frunk.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:44 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 PM
rix
Make sure you have a good ground. You should be able to open the Frunk and at least the windows/seat.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:14 PM
I picked up one of these Super Starts at O'Reily which has a cig lighter. But I think I need to let it charge 24 hours. Does anyone know if I can do the jump while its plugged into an outlet so I can start the car now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superstart-B..._Tools&vxp=mtr

Old 10-23-2014, 02:18 PM
rix
That's what you want to avoid. The wiring from the lighter/power port is way too thin to carry enough current to start the car.

You are better off charging it up a bit so you can pop the frunk, then just start it with jumper cables connected directly to the battery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! How Do I Jump 997TT?