997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Lowering springs

In the next comming days I'm ordering ps2 spacers7/15 mm.. And looking to slightly dop car....I've had this car on the track once in virginia and felt that it was a tad loose in the rear...I'm not a track junkie and coil overs are the best..but if I threw on a set of springs would I gain stock ride and good track behaviors ....what springs are people happy with...

Old 10-23-2014, 07:36 PM
9LVN_TT is on a distinguished road
H&R seem to be the popular choice. I have them on my car and love them although I don't track, but for daily driving they are surprisingly very comfortable.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I have the h&r springs on my car. Car dropped slightly more than an inch. They are soft but, they are very jittery with pasm on. I track my car and, for me, I still would like something more stiff.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:48 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
I highly recommend the GMG springs. They really stabilize the car. I only have spirited road driving experience, but am sure this would translate to the track well. I'd recommend getting them and the TPC DSC module. Car feels so much more planted with both installed. DSC module makes it feel more compliant than the stock setup, but firmer under load. Love it.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Techart springs which is made by Eibach made with different specs than the regular Eibachs look into em they are worth it. As H&R's I've heard from friends that had or have em and then they rode in mine are soft and bouncy compared to mine Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 10-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
As far as lowering springs go, you've basically got H&R and Eibach. Any other lowering springs made or branded by another company are essentially just re-branded H&R or Eibach. No custom spring rates, no different lowering amounts, they're literally identical to the off-the-shelf standard sets which are labeled H&R or Eibach. Trust me.

We use H&R and have been very happy. They give a great appearance, just slightly firmer ride but still very comfortable with PASM off, and very firm and aggressive with PASM on. For the money, you can't beat springs on the 997TT for the average person.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Both GMG and Techart use Eibach as our spring manufacturers. The spring material, spring rates and spring design that GMG and TechArt use are completely different than what Eibach uses for the general market.
The GMG WC springs are wound to specific specification. Other manufaturers simply rebrand their springs. Techarts design is exclusive to them just the same.
From over 8 different tuner and spring mnaufactures that were tested for comparisons, GMG have found that most of them actually use a softer spring rate than stock to achieve the lowered ride height. The only springs that offered a stiffer spring rate throughout the complete range of compression were in fact the Techart springs

copied from neural blog and have read others

Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redwine702
Both GMG and Techart use Eibach as our spring manufacturers. The spring material, spring rates and spring design that GMG and TechArt use are completely different than what Eibach uses for the general market.
The GMG WC springs are wound to specific specification. Other manufaturers simply rebrand their springs. Techarts design is exclusive to them just the same.
From over 8 different tuner and spring mnaufactures that were tested for comparisons, GMG have found that most of them actually use a softer spring rate than stock to achieve the lowered ride height. The only springs that offered a stiffer spring rate throughout the complete range of compression were in fact the Techart springs

copied from neural blog and have read others
Can you post a link to this?

Old 10-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Can you post a link to this?

http://www.neuralblog.com/_content/P...-705_pn-1.html

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Old 10-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^ I promise you, they are exactly the same. We have the equipment to test spring ratings right here in our shop and have done tons of testing on aftermarket springs.

If you think it's worth it to pay $250 more for a set of private label springs because someone claims it's their own "custom" spring rates, best of luck but it's not worth the extra money.

I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, just trying to save folks from making the mistake of spending more money then they have to.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:09 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i have GMG springs and sways
i can tell you these springs are SUPER soft, and i LOVE them for that.
i love my set up, soft springs and a stiff sway.

i test drove a 997 2 weeks ago for a member, and it had a different brand of lowering springs. the car felt stiffer in comfrot, than my car does in sport.
just bouncy and stiff. horrible.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nzskater
I highly recommend the GMG springs. They really stabilize the car. I only have spirited road driving experience, but am sure this would translate to the track well. I'd recommend getting them and the TPC DSC module. Car feels so much more planted with both installed. DSC module makes it feel more compliant than the stock setup, but firmer under load. Love it.
I'm looking into this setup...can you please give a detailed review..on your cars setup and how it feels...what are the things you like and dislike..does anyone have the tpc disc module also..

Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
i have GMG springs and sways i can tell you these springs are SUPER soft, and i LOVE them for that. i love my set up, soft springs and a stiff sway. i test drove a 997 2 weeks ago for a member, and it had a different brand of lowering springs. the car felt stiffer in comfrot, than my car does in sport. just bouncy and stiff. horrible.
Really surprised to read that. My car felt stiffer when I put the GMG springs on. Noticeably so. Used to be able to run around the city in sport mode on OEM, on the GMG springs this was not possible due to the ride being too harsh. Adding the DSC module resolved this.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
^^ I promise you, they are exactly the same. We have the equipment to test spring ratings right here in our shop and have done tons of testing on aftermarket springs.

If you think it's worth it to pay $250 more for a set of private label springs because someone claims it's their own "custom" spring rates, best of luck but it's not worth the extra money.

I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, just trying to save folks from making the mistake of spending more money then they have to.
Hi Tom, thanks for the very interesting information regarding Eibach springs and the rebranded versions by the 2 companies, XXX and YYY (I am feeling politically correct this morning ). If you have tested the spring rates then I think the issue is settled; I believe.

Now the question that every customer would like to know: how does Champion spring compare to Eibach spring please? They are both progressive right? What are initial and final rates, or if you don't want to reveal rates, how do the compare subjectively, which one is firmer?

The other question that frequently comes up is the lowering. Is it 20mm lowering with the Champion spring? (Sometimes I see 1 inch/24mm listed.) Does it sag over time?

Last edited by cannga; 10-26-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:14 PM
After searching many reviews it looks like everyone has diffrent views from diffrent setups ...I've heard great things about gmg...and feel with tpc module would really dial this car in...I've asked a member to leave me a private message about this set up and tells me that it rides and handles better then stock...he really enjoyed and raved about it...big plus...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs