997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo S does 6.49 sec 60-130 in 1,800 DA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:51 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Adam what IDC% were you hitting ?

I am having a similar problem... Ethanol and I am at 99% IDC%

Old 10-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Sorry to hear you are having troubles. That's weird you would be at the fuel max by adding the y-pipe. I'm running that exact setup with no problems and a couple 997.2 guys have all that plus 68s. I would have just taken it off after having the runs get crappier.
Just curious, does it happen at WOT or part throttle and do you have any codes?
The dimpled y pipe did add substantial midrange to my car too. I love it

Longboarder was running a file that was known to fuel cut for this event. He wanted to see if supplementing with additional octane would stop fuel cut from occurring at high speeds (over 130 mph). The additional octane was working well enough, until he added the larger Y-pipe.

To clarify, he hasn't had one single issue with the release version of the 9 second file, even with the Y-pipe. In fact, he was able to hit his fastest trap speed with that file and the Y-pipe upgrade, while in pump mode.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:57 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Brilliant Adam.

I just got a 6.55 in cooler temps and -2% slope and so I will NEVER catch you.

I see your splits are good so in a DA=0 you will be 0.3 secs quicker and a 2% slope another 0.2s faster.

Epic for a basic bolt on car that also does 0-60 in 2.6X secs
Haha thanks man but given that 60-130 times seem to vary from run to run, I would think that our cars would be very well matched up!

Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Adam what IDC% were you hitting ?

I am having a similar problem... Ethanol and I am at 99% IDC%
I don't have any info on IDC%. Our motors are completely different...mine is the new 3.8 litre direction injection motor.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:09 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Congratulations longboarder!
Thanks dzenno!

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Great run Adam and it was great to meet you!

-Mitch
Likewise nice meeting/chatting with you and it was great to see John again.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Good job once again! Looking forward to your videos.
Vid uploading now

Originally Posted by Thenewguy
Nice! What fuel are you using?
Fuse 116 unleaded (108 motor octane) from vendor Emmanuele Design:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...race-fuel.html

Originally Posted by 550bryan
I'm staying tuned....

Originally Posted by NickS
Whoa! Nicely done.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by akunob
As mentioned, excellent results for the conditions...ordering my popcorn now!
You should know that there was an FVD tuned Turbo S at the event and it did great!

Originally Posted by Stage7
Congrats Longboarder!
Thanks

Old 10-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Longboarder was running a file that was known to fuel cut for this event. He wanted to see if supplementing with additional octane would stop fuel cut from occurring at high speeds (over 130 mph). The additional octane was working well enough, until he added the larger Y-pipe.

To clarify, he hasn't had one single issue with the release version of the 9 second file, even with the Y-pipe. In fact, he was able to hit his fastest trap speed with that file and the Y-pipe upgrade, while in pump mode.
Hey Austin, yes that file worked fine for months until the Y pipe was installed haha. The Y pipe flowed great and we gained power but hit the fuel limit. But these events are for exactly that. We found the fuel limit and then backed down power on Sunday. Now I need to see if my Aquamist system will give me the fuel to try that file again.

Looking at my 60-130's on Sunday on the 91 octane pump gas file the car ran very consistent. My 60-130s were: 7.585, 7.095, 6.637, 7.240, 6.922, 6.829, 6.819, and 6.857. I think this was chronological so as you can see the ECU had to re-adapt and generally got faster as the day progressed even though it got warmer.

Saturday was more volatile and the 60-130's ranged from 6.49 to 7.64. When fuel cuts were hit my car would buck and blow out black smoke.

Last edited by longboarder; 10-28-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Got some more data guys if interested. Loaded up my vBox .dbn file to www.vboxtools.com for some reason my file is too large on Saturday so it won't load but here's my results Sunday when I was on the pump 91 tune:

0-60 mph 2.870 seconds (lol could not hook up at all on that dusty airstrip)
0-100 mph 5.997 seconds
0-150 mph 13.311 seconds
100-200 kph 5.694 seconds
60-130 mph 6.637 seconds
1/8 mile low ET 6.970 seconds @ 107.354 mph
1/8 mile high trap 7.783 seconds @ 108.299 mph
1/4 mile low ET 10.629 seconds @ 134.643 mph (terminal trap 135.7627)
1/4 mile high trap 11.401 seconds @ 135.787 mph (terminal trap 136.8299)

Pretty sure that's the top 1/4 mile trap stock turbo ever for a 997.2. And that's not even on race mode lol. I need to contact my buddy Robert runs that site so I can get my Saturday .dbn file to load up because I'm sure I've got a higher 1/4 mile trap there.

Cheers

Last edited by longboarder; 10-28-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Robert (Pencilgeek) was able to split my Saturday dbn file into two smaller files. While I didn't best my Sunday 1/4 mile trap (likely due to fuel cuts post 130mph, I was able to get the graph of the 6.49 second 60-130 run which I attached to my first post.

Cheers.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
136mph on the pump tune!! Flying!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Stage7
136mph on the pump tune!! Flying!
Funny how it took me spinning like crazy on the launch to get that mph lol. That airstrip is very dusty as I tried to capture on my airstrip vid, you actually have to launch over a painted surface which just kills any attempt at good traction. I did some 10.6X ETs on the vBox this weekend all with poor launches so I'm eager to get to the drags with a properly-prepped launch pad to see if it will turn a 9.X on street tires.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Props to IPD for their Y pipe that helped make these numbers happen. Linked vid here but also stated a new thread on it.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:04 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Austin, yes that file worked fine for months until the Y pipe was installed haha. The Y pipe flowed great and we gained power but hit the fuel limit. But these events are for exactly that. We found the fuel limit and then backed down power on Sunday. Now I need to see if my Aquamist system will give me the fuel to try that file again.

Looking at my 60-130's on Sunday on the 91 octane pump gas file the car ran very consistent. My 60-130s were: 7.585, 7.095, 6.637, 7.240, 6.922, 6.829, 6.819, and 6.857. I think this was chronological so as you can see the ECU had to re-adapt and generally got faster as the day progressed even though it got warmer.

Saturday was more volatile and the 60-130's ranged from 6.49 to 7.64. When fuel cuts were hit my car would buck and blow out black smoke.
what's up Long!

I been there with the fuel cut on top end, the Aquamist system will not settle the problem but for sure it will put your IAT very low to protect your engine, will not gain you whp but is something that is a 100% safe

Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
what's up Long!

I been there with the fuel cut on top end, the Aquamist system will not settle the problem but for sure it will put your IAT very low to protect your engine, will not gain you whp but is something that is a 100% safe
Got it thanks.

I figured as much but since my kit is just laying around not being used I might as well give it a shot. I know it's not going to give me a lot of fuel, but maybe it will give me just enough fuel to go back to the "Saturday" 9-second file that had the fuel cuts but also gave me the 6.49 60-130 time. I think that file probably has another 10 to 15-hp which would be nice. A 75/25 meth/water mixture or even 100% meth may do the trick but I typically don't like to run high meth concentrations because I've had meth lines crack on me many times. With this car, I'm not messing around and will use stainless steel lines with Howerton heat wrap and aircraft grade fittings.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:38 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Got it thanks.

I figured as much but since my kit is just laying around not being used I might as well give it a shot. I know it's not going to give me a lot of fuel, but maybe it will give me just enough fuel to go back to the "Saturday" 9-second file that had the fuel cuts but also gave me the 6.49 60-130 time. I think that file probably has another 10 to 15-hp which would be nice. A 75/25 meth/water mixture or even 100% meth may do the trick but I typically don't like to run high meth concentrations because I've had meth lines crack on me many times. With this car, I'm not messing around and will use stainless steel lines with Howerton heat wrap and aircraft grade fittings.
Sure better on the car that on your garage... I have mine and with the hot weather here and all the abuse that I make to the car the Meth is a bless for my engine hehehe... BTW just between you and me, ALL meth systems works better with 50/50 mix... don't believe otherwise

Old 10-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Sure better on the car that on your garage... I have mine and with the hot weather here and all the abuse that I make to the car the Meth is a bless for my engine hehehe... BTW just between you and me, ALL meth systems works better with 50/50 mix... don't believe otherwise
Ok great it's easy just to pour in Boost Juice which is pre-mixed 49/51 and I can have it shipped to my door. Boost Juice is non-corrosive and not flammable (at least from my experiences) so good to know.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Which Aquamist kits are you going to use?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo S does 6.49 sec 60-130 in 1,800 DA