997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder's 997.2 Turbo S Airstrip Vids - Shift S3ctor AA7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
I missed it again, I thought that it would be on November but seems like you had some fun, and the machine is getting better every time, congrats Adam!!

Old 10-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Because Long haven't race with another .2 with a "custom tune" with same supporting mods yet...
No doubt your packg is a good one but my car is also one of the fastest .2's out there with my "custom packg"

Hopefully one of this days Long will race with a COBB stg 3 for the love of the game
So when will we see some 1/4 mile or 60-130 results?

There are a few members with the Cobb stg 3 who have gone to the track and gotten good results, but I think Longboarder still holds most of the records for stock turbo cars.

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 10-29-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Too bad there wasn't a stg 3 Cobb car to compare at Shift Sector. I'm really curious how Adams car would compare because I think his is the fastest GIAC .2
Aside from longboarders 60-130 times, what records does he hold?

Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Too bad there wasn't a stg 3 Cobb car to compare at Shift Sector. I'm really curious how Adams car would compare because I think his is the fastest GIAC .2
Aside from longboarders 60-130 times, what records does he hold?
Trap speed on stock turbos...he measured 136. That's even higher then when we did our 9.8 sec run on stock turbos.

Our 68mm VTG cars trap 138 now, but for stock turbos, I think Longboarder's got the crown...for now. Not to mention a pretty impressive list of kills from the last 5 or 6 of these rolling events he's attended.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Trap speed on stock turbos...he measured 136. That's even higher then when we did our 9.8 sec run on stock turbos.

Our 68mm VTG cars trap 138 now, but for stock turbos, I think Longboarder's got the crown...for now. Not to mention a pretty impressive list of kills from the last 5 or 6 of these rolling events he's attended.
He's just getting warmed up.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
That was a Vbox trap speed wasn't it? Vbox traps always run ~2 mph higher than an actual drag strip.
When I go to Atco this week I'll bring mine and compare

Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
That was a Vbox trap speed wasn't it? Vbox traps always run ~2 mph higher than an actual drag strip.
You're referring to terminal speed, which he also posted. vbox tools calculates trap speeds in addition to terminal speed.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:13 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
You're referring to terminal speed, which he also posted. vbox tools calculates trap speeds in addition to terminal speed.
Yes if you upload the .dbn file to the vboxtools website, it will give you a lot more data than if you just look at the vBox screen. The vBox will convert the terminal speed to the correct NHRA quarter mile drag strip speed. The info that I posted on the other thread shows a vBox terminal 1/4 mile trap of 136.8299, which converts to 1/4 mile trap of 135.787. See my post #21 on page 2:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-800-da-2.html

Old 10-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
I should hook you up with my customer and his group of friends that go to Atco almost every week. They always seem to have a blast and have some crazy cars!

Old 10-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
What day are you going to Atco?

Old 10-29-2014, 02:19 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
I have seen all your videos and all I can say is wow ! Can pdk really make that much difference ? Can it really handle with gt30 997.1 o.O

Old 10-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
I have seen all your videos and all I can say is wow ! Can pdk really make that much difference ? Can it really handle with gt30 997.1 o.O
He said right on the video the car was having issues. The car makes 1000whp when it's running properly, Longboarders car is fast for sure. But it's not THAT fast

Old 10-29-2014, 04:29 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
He said right on the video the car was having issues. The car makes 1000whp when it's running properly, Longboarders car is fast for sure. But it's not THAT fast
I'm not delusional. Running 100% that car would leave me like I'm standing still
My car is quick for what it is but no way can it remotely hang with a 1,000 wheel AWD anything.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:48 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
So when will we see some 1/4 mile or 60-130 results?
good one... when I have the time

Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Humilde is just really niceHumilde is just really niceHumilde is just really niceHumilde is just really nice
Have the same car but with Protune - europipe -bmc

What Tires are you using ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder's 997.2 Turbo S Airstrip Vids - Shift S3ctor AA7