997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder's 997.2 Turbo S Airstrip Vids - Shift S3ctor AA7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
When I go to Atco this week I'll bring mine and compare
That's a good idea, you already did 134 right? Long with the "math of the vbox" did 135... oh but wait, yours was with 93 oct fuel and Long was with racing fuel hmmmmm

Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
That's a good idea, you already did 134 right? Long with the "math of the vbox" did 135... oh but wait, yours was with 93 oct fuel and Long was with racing fuel hmmmmm
The "math of the vbox is actually quite accurate I believe. For a result that was done at 1800 feet DA, 135 is quite impressive.

For the record, I love how you can be sarcastic about the "math of the vBox" (which is actually quite scientific and accurate) but then you post blurry 10 second videos of you cruising on the highway next to a Lamborghini and claim it was a race and you were faster... . Sorry...had to say it.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:02 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Hi webcar. I look forward to going to a strip because I would prefer a slip vs the VBox. To be honest, I never knew the VBox had a quarter mile feature until you started posting your VBox 1/4 mile times here so thanks for making me aware of that.

Also, I was glad to be able to do the 60-130 record in the same warm conditions you experience (nearly 80 degrees on a hot Tarmac and relatively no slope) done with full transparency. My car was pitted with BBI and Mitch and John H from Cobb were present as was IPD who changed my y pipe in front of all. My mods are no secret and I'm not paid by any vendor. I pay for my mods like any other customer and I am simply an enthusiast who loves to race my cars and share information with others to help them in any way I can.

Cheers.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:59 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
The "math of the vbox is actually quite accurate I believe. For a result that was done at 1800 feet DA, 135 is quite impressive.

For the record, I love how you can be sarcastic about the "math of the vBox" (which is actually quite scientific and accurate) but then you post blurry 10 second videos of you cruising on the highway next to a Lamborghini and claim it was a race and you were faster... . Sorry...had to say it.
Hahaha I wish I can say that I was faster that my buddy Gallardo TT, that was just for fun

You guys are doing a terrefic job with Long car

Last edited by webcarconnection; 10-30-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi webcar. I look forward to going to a strip because I would prefer a slip vs the VBox. To be honest, I never knew the VBox had a quarter mile feature until you started posting your VBox 1/4 mile times here so thanks for making me aware of that.

Also, I was glad to be able to do the 60-130 record in the same warm conditions you experience (nearly 80 degrees on a hot Tarmac and relatively no slope) done with full transparency. My car was pitted with BBI and Mitch and John H from Cobb were present as was IPD who changed my y pipe in front of all. My mods are no secret and I'm not paid by any vendor. I pay for my mods like any other customer and I am simply an enthusiast who loves to race my cars and share information with others to help them in any way I can.

Cheers.
Hey Long, to be honest for me the Vbox numbers are the same of the strip, so congrats on that buddy

Last edited by webcarconnection; 10-30-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:07 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Hey Long, to be honest for me the Vbox numbers are the same of the strip, so congrats on that buddy
Thanks webcar. I still think a slip is better

Actually more than trap speed I really want this car to be able to do 9's on street tires, stock turbo and warranty. That is something I don't think any car can claim. Even the 9.X second times for the Veyron, P1, 918 and LaFerrari were done by the manufacturer or mags using the vBox, right? Has anyone actually seen a 9-second timeslip for a warrantied car bolt-ons only and street tires?

Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM

Actually more than trap speed I really want this car to be able to do 9's on street tires, stock turbo and warranty. That is something I don't think any car can claim. Even the 9.X second times for the Veyron, P1, 918 and LaFerrari were done by the manufacturer or mags using the vBox, right? Has anyone actually seen a 9-second timeslip for a warrantied car bolt-ons only and street tires?

Cool, with a trap of 135+ and a 1.4 60ft you will be right on the 9's for sure... on the strip thing, a 918 spyder did 9.9 on a track not to long ago, I believe there is a video on the "tube"

Old 10-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Cool, with a trap of 135+ and a 1.4 60ft you will be right on the 9's for sure... on the strip thing, a 918 spyder did 9.9 on a track not to long ago, I believe there is a video on the "tube"
Well, glad it went to the Porsche platform anyway. Would have been cool to do it with the 997.2 Turbo but I'm pretty sure its going to take the stars to align a stock turbo street tire 997.2 into the 9's.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Hey, if any of the cars you mention (laFerrari, 918 or P1) do it on a strip they are in another league anyway... if you or any of the .2's out there achieve this for sure it will be a big thing

Old 10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Hi webcar. I look forward to going to a strip because I would prefer a slip vs the VBox. To be honest, I never knew the VBox had a quarter mile feature until you started posting your VBox 1/4 mile times here so thanks for making me aware of that. Also, I was glad to be able to do the 60-130 record in the same warm conditions you experience (nearly 80 degrees on a hot Tarmac and relatively no slope) done with full transparency. My car was pitted with BBI and Mitch and John H from Cobb were present as was IPD who changed my y pipe in front of all. My mods are no secret and I'm not paid by any vendor. I pay for my mods like any other customer and I am simply an enthusiast who loves to race my cars and share information with others to help them in any way I can. Cheers.
That's professional, and a good way to calm people down.
It was getting intense .

Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks webcar. I still think a slip is better Actually more than trap speed I really want this car to be able to do 9's on street tires, stock turbo and warranty. That is something I don't think any car can claim. Even the 9.X second times for the Veyron, P1, 918 and LaFerrari were done by the manufacturer or mags using the vBox, right? Has anyone actually seen a 9-second timeslip for a warrantied car bolt-ons only and street tires?
I will follow you on this one, that's also my goal...

Old 10-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light

Multiple GTRs have. And they were warrantied in the same way as yours, tuned but would remove the tune for any service. Most actually didn't remove the tunes as Nissan as a whole doesn't care. Unless something big breaks.

Multiple GTRs have done it FBO, tune.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by 997ttR
I will follow you on this one, that's also my goal...
Awesome! With Shift Sector, we will be trying to arrange a private track rental so I'll let you know once we have a date in mind.

Originally Posted by Thenewguy
Multiple GTRs have. And they were warrantied in the same way as yours, tuned but would remove the tune for any service. Most actually didn't remove the tunes as Nissan as a whole doesn't care. Unless something big breaks.

Thanks for this info. I was under the impression it took a stock turbo GTR FBO plus an e85 conversion for them to hit 9's. Changing the fuel system is not like bolting on a couple parts like on our cars.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Thenewguy

He refer that his car has full warranty even with tune and all mods, don't have to do anything for services like the cars he mention (LaFerrari, 918, etc.) and I agree with Long that a upgrade fuel system is not a "bolt on" mod even its fit perfect like the stock one... honestly the GTR needs lot of mods to keep up with a .2 Turbo with only exhaust, IC's and tune.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Longboarder, Really impressive results, great video too. To even consider the possibility of a civilized, street driven car approaching the 9's is almost beyond comprehension. There may be faster cars out there but I suspect they are a lot more temperamental and on the edge than your silver bullet...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder's 997.2 Turbo S Airstrip Vids - Shift S3ctor AA7