997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder's 997.2 Turbo S Airstrip Vids - Shift S3ctor AA7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:38 AM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by longboarder
Awesome! With Shift Sector, we will be trying to arrange a private track rental so I'll let you know once we have a date in mind. Thanks for this info. I was under the impression it took a stock turbo GTR FBO plus an e85 conversion for them to hit 9's. Changing the fuel system is not like bolting on a couple parts like on our cars.
Cool, count me in!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. Your car is fast as well your driven skills. Even with pdk making almost the whole work at wot, the reaction time and the ability to hold the throttle at the right engine load depends exclusive from the driver perception. Some of the guys that you raced were very poor is this matter. I just wished that all your competitors had the same skills of the corvett guy with just 590hp.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Awesome video, as always. Was that Ken Romero's 68vtg car? Your car and driving continue to impress. That Corvette really made a good showing too.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
He refer that his car has full warranty even with tune and all mods, don't have to do anything for services like the cars he mention (LaFerrari, 918, etc.) and I agree with Long that a upgrade fuel system is not a "bolt on" mod even its fit perfect like the stock one... honestly the GTR needs lot of mods to keep up with a .2 Turbo with only exhaust, IC's and tune.
Neither will really be covered under warranty should something engine related go. Both will be covered for things like window motors going out and small stuff like that. And the only fuel system upgrade you need for a gtr to go nines is drop in fuel pumps. Which is as simple as can be. You don't need to modify the basket at all. You simply drop in new pumps and you're good. Along with an increase in injector size. Cheap and fast.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tiago
Congrats. Your car is fast as well your driven skills. Even with pdk making almost the whole work at wot, the reaction time and the ability to hold the throttle at the right engine load depends exclusive from the driver perception. Some of the guys that you raced were very poor is this matter. I just wished that all your competitors had the same skills of the corvett guy with just 590hp.

Thanks. The PDK is doing all the work. On day 2 (Sunday) I never pulled the paddles...just let the PDK do it's thing.

Actually that Corvette is a 3,100 lb Z06 that made 590 wheel on a Mustang dyno. It's a monster. Creation of Cunningham Motorsports. Given that I later found out I was running a pump 91 tune and therefore only making ~ 560 wheel and my car weights 3,550, I'm very surprised at how close the race was. Based on HP/weight ratio, he should have walked me easily.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Awesome video, as always. Was that Ken Romero's 68vtg car? Your car and driving continue to impress. That Corvette really made a good showing too.

Thanks bogg, yeah that was Ken's gray 68vtg 997.1 that I ran from a dig. He wasn't 100% for this event...he was down about 100 wheel on the GIAC dyno. I'm not sure why he wasn't 100%. See above for the stats on the vette...it was a beast.

Originally Posted by Thenewguy
Neither will really be covered under warranty should something engine related go. Both will be covered for things like window motors going out and small stuff like that. And the only fuel system upgrade you need for a gtr to go nines is drop in fuel pumps. Which is as simple as can be. You don't need to modify the basket at all. You simply drop in new pumps and you're good. Along with an increase in injector size. Cheap and fast.

True, motor/PDK may not be covered under my factory CPO warranty by Porsche, however as you may know I have the GIAC/Champion package and so my car is covered by Champion's written 50,000 mile factory/CPO umbrella warranty. Insofar as you stick with their package, to the extent Porsche does not cover a potential issue on a car due to the mods, Champion will "make it right". That's the main reason I went with GIAC/Champion in the first place. I wasn't going for the fastest car, I just wanted something 100% rock solid reliable with piece of mind of the Champion umbrella warranty. As it turns out, I ended up with the fastest car AND a warranty to boot. Pretty incredible if you ask me. I already knew a lot about GIAC since they have a stellar reputation and are in my back yard, but I also flew to Florida to visit Tom and Champion Motorsports in my research and that sealed the deal for me.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. The PDK is doing all the work. On day 2 (Sunday) I never pulled the paddles...just let the PDK do it's thing.

Actually that Corvette is a 3,100 lb Z06 that made 590 wheel on a Mustang dyno. It's a monster. Creation of Cunningham Motorsports. Given that I later found out I was running a pump 91 tune and therefore only making ~ 560 wheel and my car weights 3,550, I'm very surprised at how close the race was.
PDK is a huge advantage on performance agaisnt other cars with conventional auto or manual gearboxes, atleast 50hp advantage. More than in the turbo, it is impressive what a C2S PDK can do to superior cars on the paper.