997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

No Fly Zone Half-Mile in Phoenix December 13-14

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:12 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
No Fly Zone Half-Mile in Phoenix December 13-14

Hey Everyone,

No Fly Zone is hosting a half-mile event in Phoenix early December. Hope to see some of you there. Looks to be a great event with a couple Bugatti's and possibly an Enzo as well. There will also be 75+ modded cars a day. The runway has a half-mile shutdown as well and was repaved last year. Check it out as registration is open now:

www.omegamotorsport.com

Old 10-30-2014, 03:00 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Hey Everyone,

No Fly Zone is hosting a half-mile event in Phoenix early December. Hope to see some of you there. Looks to be a great event with a couple Bugatti's and possibly an Enzo as well. There will also be 75+ modded cars a day. The runway has a half-mile shutdown as well and was repaved last year. Check it out as registration is open now:

www.omegamotorsport.com
Cool. I'm attending their event in Bakersfield in a little over 2 weeks. Are you going to that one or waiting for the AZ event?

Old 10-30-2014, 03:06 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Cool. I'm attending their event in Bakersfield in a little over 2 weeks. Are you going to that one or waiting for the AZ event?
Nice! I'm waiting for the Phoenix event as my performance shop is in Phoenix. Perfect for testing the car close to the shop.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:09 PM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
im debating on going to the NFZ on the 15th... LOL but my cars pretty much stock..

Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Nice! I'm waiting for the Phoenix event as my performance shop is in Phoenix. Perfect for testing the car close to the shop.
After shift sector last weekend and NFZ in two weeks, I was thinking I may be done with Airstrip racing for a while...but if your car is going to be ready I just may make the drive to see you in action.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by kchu221
im debating on going to the NFZ on the 15th... LOL but my cars pretty much stock..
Come to the Phoenix one!

Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
After shift sector last weekend and NFZ in two weeks, I was thinking I may be done with Airstrip racing for a while...but if your car is going to be ready I just may make the drive to see you in action.
My car will be ready. They sent me all the final pics of the engine last night. Just waiting on the transmission. Already half way assembled. Hope you make the trip. Evoms will also be putting there 1600whp gt3 in action as well. Some records will be broken that weekend.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by kchu221
Bro most of the cars that go are daily drivers so your car will be competitive. You can run my M3

My car will be ready. They sent me all the final pics of the engine last night. Just waiting on the transmission. Already half way assembled. Hope you make the trip. Evoms will also be putting there 1600whp gt3 in action as well. Some records will be broken that weekend.
Fantastic. Kong just broke the RWD 1/2 mile airstrip record at 205 so it sounds like the Evoms GT3 has the power to beat it. By the way everyone at the airstrip this weekend was saying that Mayhem was AWD when it ran Coalinga. I had thought it was RWD conversion.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Fantastic. Kong just broke the RWD 1/2 mile airstrip record at 205 so it sounds like the Evoms GT3 has the power to beat it. By the way everyone at the airstrip this weekend was saying that Mayhem was AWD when it ran Coalinga. I had thought it was RWD conversion.
NTH Moto has the rwd half mile record with there blue viper. They did 213mph at the Chicago wanna go fast event. BBI has the rwd half mile record for Porsche. I think Evoms will beat it though. I know exactly what's in both set ups and Evoms should be making more power and Definitely more torque. BBI does have a H-pattern dog box though and Evoms is a true 6speed, we'll see should be interesting. Hope you make it out. Also not sure if you knew but the Texas mile was the same weekend. The Ford GT that has the record for the mile clocked a 218 at the half mile mark!

Yes Mayhem is awd, also did 215mph in the half mile.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
NTH Moto has the rwd half mile record with there blue viper. They did 213mph at the Chicago wanna go fast event. BBI has the rwd half mile record for Porsche. I think Evoms will beat it though. I know exactly what's in both set ups and Evoms should be making more power and Definitely more torque. BBI does have a H-pattern dog box though and Evoms is a true 6speed, we'll see should be interesting. Hope you make it out. Also not sure if you knew but the Texas mile was the same weekend. The Ford GT that has the record for the mile clocked a 218 at the half mile mark!

Yes Mayhem is awd, also did 215mph in the half mile.
Sorry yeah meant Porsche. I remember that FGT did something like 268 in the mile.

Based on your gearing and tire selection, what are you estimating your top speed to be?

Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Based on your gearing and tire selection, what are you estimating your top speed to be?
I bet he does a solid 178mph.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Sorry yeah meant Porsche. I remember that FGT did something like 268 in the mile.

We built the transmission for half-mile and mile. Tires are Toyo R888's. I don't wanna post gearing, but car should easily go 210-215 at the half mile.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
Damn it your not supposed to give away my secrets!

Old 10-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
See you in a couple weeks Tony.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
See you in a couple weeks Tony.
You got it. Updated list for NFZ5 will be up tomorrow. Ill probably email it out as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Fly Zone Half-Mile in Phoenix December 13-14