997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AMS Intercoolers Comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:31 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
AMS Intercoolers Comparison

Hey everyone. I am doing some minor upgrades to my 911 turbo.

I decided my goal would be 600WHP.
I have a Cobb, AMS IC kit and AWE 3" high flow exhaust with black tips.

Today was the first day, the installation took some time only because I was trying to figure out how things worked together. The AMS IC kit comes with everything from the Turbos to the TB. The kit also relocates the recirc pipes and some minor vacuum lines. Overall, Quality is very nice. Like I said It took some time figuring out. Carbon fiber is awesome.

I started on the left side of the car. It took a while, but the right side took 30 min. Once you figure out what needs trimming etc. Its a breeze. But you do need a lift and a 2nd pair of hands.

Check out my crappy Iphone 4 pics for comparison. Tomorrow is exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RS STOCK.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	406467   Click image for larger version

Name:	RS UPGRADED 2.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	406468   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	406469  
Old 10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
IMHO AMS IC kit its the best out there right now... hopefully Mitch will do some magic and you get better numbers that other combos

Old 10-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Woooo cant wait Gary!!!

Please let me know if you need anything at all!

Mitch

Old 10-30-2014, 08:50 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Ill need the stage 2. I dont think it is on my Cobb. Also, Porsche was unable to install the LC. We spent 4 weeks on it. Porsche in germany has not release LC for my year. Now if Cobb, had a way to setup and control LC, that would be great.

Also contemplating on upgraded turbos which Jimmy has. Good for 700 whp.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:41 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garychios
You get the launch control and boost. You do not get the gauge on the dash, which to me is stupid anyway. The sport mode for suspension is already there. You guys should comment on actual things you know... and not what you think. I already did it.
Also, Porsche was unable to install the LC. We spent 4 weeks on it. Porsche in germany has not release LC for my year. Now if Cobb, had a way to setup and control LC, that would be great.
Hows that crow taste?

Also the Chronosport is installed for $1500 at the dealer this week. So I did not pay to much for my car.
Still feel the same way?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Nice ! The AMS IC kit is hands down the best kit I have ever seen for a Porsche.... BY FAR, its on a different level from the rest of the kits on the market.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
AMS intercoolers certainly are top shelf and one of the best quality kits on this platform. Properly cast end tanks, 5.5" bar and plate quality core, better intercooler piping and y-pipe, redesigned CF inlets, to maximize flow down to the intercoolers, in a nutshell complete...They're heavy beasts but when was the last time you heard of a lightweight heat exchanger/sink?

Dzenno@PTF

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 10-31-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Nice ! The AMS IC kit is hands down the best kit I have ever seen for a Porsche.... BY FAR, its on a different level from the rest of the kits on the market.
Agreed

Old 10-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Hows that crow taste?

Still feel the same way?

Yes, because it is installable, I did not want to spend $4000.00 I had to change the ECU to a diff version. That was the only way.

I know more about Chronosport than you think. In the end, They are releasing it, but not soon. They do have it for previous years. So its not concrete to the car. The 997.2 has no TEquipment option yet. So what is your point. It is installable noob.

Regards
-Gary A

Last edited by garychios; 10-31-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:20 PM
Now back on topic. Installed the exhaust too. I may be doing turbos. Not sure yet. I need to speak to Mitch on a few things.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Gary shoot me an email happy to chat!!

Mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
So the 2010 PDK doesn't have launch control? Confusing thread. :P

Old 11-02-2014, 05:54 AM
The discussion is on the Intercoolers. Mitch, Ill email you.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. It was a toss up for me between these and the Champion ICs.

What cores do the AMS ICs use?

Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Looks good. It was a toss up for me between these and the Champion ICs.

What cores do the AMS ICs use?
That is the million dollar question. Probably Garrett or a clone thereof.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS Intercoolers Comparison