997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC DSC has transformed my stock suspension Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
brent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the rough
TPC DSC has transformed my stock suspension Turbo!

Big thanks to TPC racing for their DSC module. Up until this point I've left the suspension alone, but have never been satisfied with it. I didn't want to go lower for ride height issues, and had delayed pulling the trigger on a full system due to the cost and fear of a jarring ride.

Earlier today I installed the DSC module and wow! The car drives like I'd expect it to, it corners predictably now, and bumps in high speed corners don't upset it like it used to. On the freeway it doesn't bounce up and down in the front in normal mode when hitting undulations in the road like it used to and it isn't jittery like it used to be in sport mode. The handling seems so much more predictable which gives me confidence to push the car significantly harder than I previously felt comfortable doing.

My father recently got an R8 V10 and I was always envious of the great feel on the street in corners of that car...but no longer.

Thanks TPC for putting out a great product without sacrificing ride quality or ride height!

Old 10-31-2014, 05:24 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep! Welcome to the club.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NickS
Yep! Welcome to the club.
I have the stage 3 suspension and added the box. Really significant improvement in drivability w/out any loss in balance or performance.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:44 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Sure is awesome! Best bang for the buck!

Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Glad to hear.

I have the TPC DSC, full RSS kit and Bilstein B16 club sports and the module has transformed the handling for the better.

Wish I bought it a year ago.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
It seems like this mainly a 997.1 upgrade based on feedback. What if any are the benefits for a 997.2?

Old 11-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Very glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the DSC upgrade!

In regards to .2 cars, the DSC makes the same changes as it does on a .1 car.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
So does this mean that the 997.2 no longer has an advantage suspension wise?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
So does this mean that the 997.2 no longer has an advantage suspension wise?
The .2 still has advantages. The spring rate on a stock .2 car is stiffer than a .1 and also the .2 factory sway bars are stiffer as well. DSC will still improve the chassis on both .1 and .2 cars.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
The .2 still has advantages. The spring rate on a stock .2 car is stiffer than a .1 and also the .2 factory sway bars are stiffer as well. DSC will still improve the chassis on both .1 and .2 cars.
So how would a 997.1 with the DSC module compare to a stock 997.2?

Old 11-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
So how would a 997.1 with the DSC module compare to a stock 997.2?
If you drove one car with DSC and one without, you will notice the ride quality is different and the suspension response is not there with the car that does not have DSC.

DSC is controlling the shocks and the dampening rate. It works the same in both a .1 and .2 car. It will change the ride quality of the car, making for a nicer ride and also absorbing the bumps in the road. While doing this though, you will also have more stability in the corner, under braking and acceleration. The accelerometer in your car is telling the computer where it needs to control the shocks so there will also be less roll.

As I mentioned with the 997.2 having stiffer springs and heavier bar, there will be less roll than a .1 car and with stiffer springs means a slightly stiffer ride which the DSC will calm down and make nicer. The DSC compliments both the .1 and .2 very well.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Do any 997.2 TT owners have the DSC in the NJ/NY/Phila metro area?

I'm interested in purchasing the DSC, but it would be great to get a ride in a car that has it locally first.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
I just got this in the mail.. I'm installing spacers...ps2 and tpc module together.. I'll post pics and reviews soon on all these mods should be fun...

Old 11-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
i've been searching their website, and it doesnt let me buy the dsc module. can anyone help?

Old 11-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Just call them direct it's not on there website.. Speak to Harris.. He was very helpfull

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC DSC has transformed my stock suspension Turbo!