997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thread Title: Just updated the TPC Racing - DSC module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:35 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Thread Title: Just updated the TPC Racing - DSC module

Wow, when I thought the folks at TPC Racing had done a phenomenal job with their DSC module, they have gone and updated the software in it. I had one of the early DSC modules that TPC Racing released and the new maps are just head and shoulders above that one! This is not to say that I had any issues with the original maps, but the new maps have transformed my 911 turbo even further. The suspension is more compliant and the grip levels have gone up! Also, the left-right transitions are just amazing.

And just when I thought, the limit has been reached, I hear rumors that TPC Racing looking at developments that will take the suspension design/execution to yet another higher level. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us

Old 11-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb
Wow, when I thought the folks at TPC Racing had done a phenomenal job with their DSC module, they have gone and updated the software in it. I had one of the early DSC modules that TPC Racing released and the new maps are just head and shoulders above that one! This is not to say that I had any issues with the original maps, but the new maps have transformed my 911 turbo even further. The suspension is more compliant and the grip levels have gone up! Also, the left-right transitions are just amazing.

And just when I thought, the limit has been reached, I hear rumors that TPC Racing looking at developments that will take the suspension design/execution to yet another higher level. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us
Was the update done remotely to your original module?

Old 11-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Nevermiss is on a distinguished road
I just called and they aren't expected to have more DSC modules in until January. I'm on a wait list.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
This sounds very promising!

Has anyone tracked with this and have before and after times?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 11-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the DSC update! 512bb had one of our first DSC files loaded into his box and we updated it to be like the last production run that we did.

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Was the update done remotely to your original module?
The update was done by us simply plugging into the DSC box and updating the file that was in it. The box had one of our original files in it, so since the car was in for service we also updated the DSC box to be our latest version like everyone else has been getting.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
In my case I had taken the car there for service and they updated my software. Keep tuned as I believe updates to the way one interacts with the DSC module is in the making.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Have to say the module is great... installed mine on Monday and the car just flys comfort level is threw the roof and going over my favorite roads the car handles more safely with way more control...I don't feel the weight of the rear motor pushing forward and I can throw the car into turns more aggressively ....my only downside that I'm not super happy with is that the ride is so good that I wish it was stiffer in mode 3...I feel that there's more room to dial the car in....but I'm still amazed on how this suspension does it's job.......good work..

John

Old 11-13-2014, 05:24 AM
NickS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
....my only downside that I'm not super happy with is that the ride is so good that I wish it was stiffer in mode 3...I feel that there's more room to dial the car in....but I'm still amazed on how this suspension does it's job.......good work..
Yeah, I posted in another thread the same thing. I even e-mailed Harris about a month ago asking for a software update where mode 1 stays the same, mode 2 becomes what mode 3 is currently and then mode 3 is maxed out for track duty. He said he would get with engineering but that was the last I heard from him.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 AM
40TO60N1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the DSC update! 512bb had one of our first DSC files loaded into his box and we updated it to be like the last production run that we did.

The update was done by us simply plugging into the DSC box and updating the file that was in it. The box had one of our original files in it, so since the car was in for service we also updated the DSC box to be our latest version like everyone else has been getting.
How do you know if you have the original file? I purchased the unit about 8 months ago. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 40TO60N1
How do you know if you have the original file? I purchased the unit about 8 months ago. Thanks.

Yours is up to date. 512bb had one of our first beta files from over a year ago. In early 2015 we may have an update available and once we do, we will inform everyone on how to get the update.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
Yours is up to date. 512bb had one of our first beta files from over a year ago. In early 2015 we may have an update available and once we do, we will inform everyone on how to get the update.
Does this mean that the unit comes with lifetime updates?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Does this mean that the unit comes with lifetime updates?
Yes it does.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
How does it work on cars with lowering springs? Does it make the rde stiffer on normal setting? And what about with sport mode on?

Last edited by Tiago; 11-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:52 AM
40TO60N1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tiago
How does it work on cars with lowering springs? Does it make the rde stiffer on normal setting? And what about with sport mode on?
I posted this back in May of 2014:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4120768 post 149

Stock shock, TechArt Springs and RSS sway bars.
Comparing with PASM to DSC module - Day and Night
With DSC module, just feel very planted going around corners (in all three modes).
IMHO: PASM (non-sport) = 3, DSC Mode 1 = 3(but better) , Mode 2 = 6 , PASM (sport) =8 , Mode 3= 8 (not really sure what a real track car feels like).
I have it set in mode 2 for the street (noticeable stiffer than PASM in non-sport mode). Mode 3 is for the track (stiff).
Was waiting for a group buy, just couldn't hold out any longer... It's worth the money.
(Still had to wait for it, thanks to Harris for pushing the order thru quickly.)