997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997.2 Turbo Video @ the Track... Enjoy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:30 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
My 997.2 Turbo Video @ the Track... Enjoy

I believe I have a boost leak or something of that nature. I will troubleshoot and go again to the track.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
what was the 60ft? seemed like it bogged

Old 11-15-2014, 07:44 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Yes, 1.8x. No launch control

Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
What are your mods? What octane?

Old 11-17-2014, 09:20 AM
997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold
Nice

Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 AM
nuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the rough
Nice run, I like it! Can you tell a difference by doing a burnout? I normally avoid the water box and consistently get 1.5-1.6 60-foot times. I always wondered if having a drag radial and doing a burnout would improve that time.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Banned
Mattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the rough
any more pictures or video from the track ,what event was this

Old 11-17-2014, 02:45 PM
I am down on boost, most likely from a boost leak which I think I have had from the second I did the IC's. I checked everything.

I dont have time to work on it and I don't like being rushed, so I am going to ask my Friend Enzo to look into it.

This was on 18 PSI according to Cobb and 93 octane. Stock turbos. Right side turbo is screaming though. I can hear it in the cabin.

She better go mid 10's or I am selling and getting a GTR.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Dammit, Enzo Performance put it on the dyno, and it makes a lot of power. So they dont think it has a boost leak. Jeez. Now what? Bigger turbos? Decisions decisions. I am not happy unless this car goes mid 10's all day @ 135.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:49 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garychios
Dammit, Enzo Performance put it on the dyno, and it makes a lot of power. So they dont think it has a boost leak. Jeez. Now what? Bigger turbos? Decisions decisions. I am not happy unless this car goes mid 10's all day @ 135.

As you know dyno's all read differently so I wouldn't put much into the number. Best bet is to log data and send to someone like Mitch@Cobb or dzenno@pft to see if everything is ok. Tune only you should see 10.6-10.8 at 130 if you are in the northeast with low DA but you need to use launch control - is your car a 2010 with no LC? I did a 10.6 @ 130 at a bad SoCal track at 600ft DA with tune+plenum and stock Michelin PSS tires full weight no burnout as a comparison.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:47 PM
The dyno I went to reads low compared to others. I went to a ****ty track day with no prep. So I was hoping a 130 mph+. I am running an off the shelf tune with cobb. I think Mitch needs to tune it since I hace IC's. When I said it made power, I meant it matched other porsches with exact mods. So now what? I am waiting to see if the one turbo is an issue as it had oil in the intake pipe.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
No worries Gary let's turn her up and see how she does

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 11-23-2014, 05:31 AM
I meant the car had no boost leaks and is acting correctly on the dyno. I also meant to say that the car makes the same power or similar power to other porsches with similar mods. I think turning her up will help. She was on 18 PSI. Enzo is helping me out, because I am working on a massive project at work, and don't even have time to type correctly so it seems. Sorry for the bad typing before. Mitch, can you email me a more aggressive tune? When will you be in NY or CT or PA?

Old 11-23-2014, 05:59 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I meant the car had no boost leaks and is acting correctly on the dyno. I also meant to say that the car makes the same power or similar power to other porsches with similar mods. I think turning her up will help. She was on 18 PSI. Enzo is helping me out, because I am working on a massive project at work, and don't even have time to type correctly so it seems. Sorry for the bad typing before. Mitch, can you email me a more aggressive tune? When will you be in NY or CT or PA?

But you should still be in the 10's with a 128 trap. I would try some different launch techniques first.

I don't think doing a burnout is a good idea unless you are on drag radials or slicks. It does nothing for traction on street tires and heats up the car.

It also doesn't sound like you are using launch control and your car is bogging the start.

To increase your trap speeds, you could try some old drag racer techniques...bring some ice and ice down the Y pipe in between runs. Also bring a water sprayer and wet down the intercoolers. I don't have the luxury of east coast density altitudes but it seems to help me particularly when it's 80+ degrees and after a run my engine bay is an oven and the intercoolers are heat soaked.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Not sure when I will be there, maybe when it is warm haha.

Shoot me an email Gary we can figure something out.

Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997.2 Turbo Video @ the Track... Enjoy