997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 Champion 68VTGs 1/2 Mile Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:16 PM
nycgenius will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Great vids and impressive runs OP!!

Curious as to whether the 650S was stock? Sorry if it was listed somewhere in the vid as I didn't see it

Old 11-24-2014, 12:43 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nycgenius
Great vids and impressive runs OP!!

Curious as to whether the 650S was stock? Sorry if it was listed somewhere in the vid as I didn't see it
Yes, the young gentleman had recently acquired it and was not aware of any tuning available yet.
We had previously ran against each other at Willow 1/3 mile. At Willow he had a White E63 Merc Benz modified by Weisstec.
We do see quite a few of the same cars/owners at these events.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Very cool guys! Nice vid Ken

Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kenromero
Yes, the young gentleman had recently acquired it and was not aware of any tuning available yet.
We had previously ran against each other at Willow 1/3 mile. At Willow he had a White E63 Merc Benz modified by Weisstec.
We do see quite a few of the same cars/owners at these events.
Yeah that's Vincent. He's still a teenager lol. Vincent had a GTR for a few months as well this year. His car collection is "meager" compared to his buddy Tao. Tao has had a bunch of exotics in the past few years including an Aventador that was rolled and totaled, an SLS black series, a couple Ferrari's, etc.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
that's great stuff. Do you shift the tip or just let it do its thing? So, how fast are you going at those end marking cones?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Great runs Ken. Vids turned out much better than anything I've ever edited

Old 11-25-2014, 09:56 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Video, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Forujames
that's great stuff. Do you shift the tip or just let it do its thing? So, how fast are you going at those end marking cones?
I'm having some irregularities with the TIP shifting on its own. Two runs at NFZ it did not shift and went into "limp mode". Because of that, on runs I know will be competitive, I will manually shift. The negative to manually shifting is that I am typically shifting too early.
I get the fastest speed when the TIP is shifting because it is shifting at redline, as opposed to a few hundred RPM too early when shifting manually.
I am 160 -165 mph at the end of the 1/2. The MPH will vary depending upon the roll speed, with the 5 speed TIP I could be at redline in 1st or upon a faster roll speed, 4,000 in 2nd and not at good boost level. Therefore I prefer the lower speed to start.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Great runs Ken. Vids turned out much better than anything I've ever edited
I'm taking lessons from Longboarder!!!!!

Old 11-25-2014, 11:41 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Until the lambo at the end I was like wtf? This guy goes to events and just straight slays people...lol. Nice job man....must be an unreal ride.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kenromero
This should do it!!

11 15 14 NFZ - YouTube
Awesome video Ken! Your car rocks. It's neat to see how much difference it makes at the "jump" at the start of the race. I had been wondering which turbos TW decided to go with - it listed the Champion 68s, same as yours. The tiptronic for the win! TW does need to work on the shifts though, lol.

Longboarder's car is very impressive with stock turbos...no doubt about it, the .2tt pdk package is wicked.

That Supra surprised me in the second run. It came on stroooong. Probably laggy as hell though, lol.

The Lambo - what can I say but

Old 11-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Awesome video Ken! Your car rocks. It's neat to see how much difference it makes at the "jump" at the start of the race. I had been wondering which turbos TW decided to go with - it listed the Champion 68s, same as yours. The tiptronic for the win! TW does need to work on the shifts though, lol.

Longboarder's car is very impressive with stock turbos...no doubt about it, the .2tt pdk package is wicked.

That Supra surprised me in the second run. It came on stroooong. Probably laggy as hell though, lol.

The Lambo - what can I say but
Hi Asher,
TW turbo's car, with his newly installed 68s, is much faster than before. When I ran him the first time, with a passenger, I gave him a big jump thinking he wasn't any faster, he shifted correctly and I never caught up. I ran him three more times, without a passenger, and beat him fairly badly. He wasn't shifting as good as he did the first time. I thInk we would be really close with better shifting.
Longboarder's is fast and getting faster. I can't do anything more to mine without going into the engine. He still has a couple of more options/mods he can do.
The Supra is a built engine. He has the capability to adjust his boost, which he does while going through the gears. I really can't imagine manual shifting and turning boost up during a run. He has 830 whp. The 1st run, at a 20 mph start, he says he has to start at a low boost and that's why he couldn't catch up. Starting at 40mph he starts at the higher boost level. He is a fun guy that I see at every 1/2 mile event.
Yeah, the Lambo!!! Again 1250 whp vs. 650whp. It was a nice video!!!!!!