997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 Champion 68VTGs 1/2 Mile Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:10 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
997.1 Champion 68VTGs 1/2 Mile Racing

I've finally edited my video of last Saturday. Keep in mind that Longboarder does a much better job of editing, but I'm trying!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
You need to change the video to public on YouTube

Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
This should do it!!

Old 11-21-2014, 11:34 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
That lambo is insane! Awesome vid, thanks for sharing!!! +1 rep

Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Awesome runs Ken! So it was the plugs that were giving you trouble at Shift Sector? And looks like you are getting much better at vid editing. Just need to get a second GoPro now and you are all set! Are you going to NFZ Arizona?

Old 11-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
Nice!!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:03 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Very awesome vid!!! Your car is running strong. +1 on that crazy UGR Lambo!

Last edited by 02black330ci; 11-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
nice video.

wow that UGR lambo is fast.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Awesome runs Ken! So it was the plugs that were giving you trouble at Shift Sector? And looks like you are getting much better at vid editing. Just need to get a second GoPro now and you are all set! Are you going to NFZ Arizona?

Hello Adam, I'm still not back at the power I was at during the first Shift Sector run of the year. Thomas, Emmanuele Designs, is going to run the particular pressure test that we have seen lately on this forum after he is finished with your Methanol Install.
I had 2 cameras in use before. I sold the Gopro 3 after using the 3+. I'm going to try the Sony as my 2nd camera.

You would still have beaten me with a standing start!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Duff0000
nice video.

wow that UGR lambo is fast.

Yes, 1250 wheel horsepower vs 650!!!!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Also, the bulk of my runs were with a 185lb passenger. Only Longboarder, Supra and the TW Turbo video runs were solo.
TW Turbo's car is running much, much faster. Our first run, me with the passenger, he jumped before me and I couldn't catch up. We ran three more runs, with me solo, and I beat him everytime. I do think if he solved his shifting problems he would be right there with us.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:35 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great video...these events look like a lot of fun. Interesting, was that the same ZR1 that raced Longboarder? if so, you appeared to pull on the ZR1 quite easily!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by akunob
Great video...these events look like a lot of fun. Interesting, was that the same ZR1 that raced Longboarder? if so, you appeared to pull on the ZR1 quite easily!
Yes, it was. I even had a passenger with me. I was surprised he did so well from the cones. The Vettes typically spin quite a bit and I get a good jump.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob

Yeah I noticed that as well. But I had a 200 pound passenger when I ran the Vette and no passenger when I ran Ken.

My 60-130's are typically a half second slower with a larger passenger.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kenromero
Yes, it was. I even had a passenger with me. I was surprised he did so well from the cones. The Vettes typically spin quite a bit and I get a good jump.
Originally Posted by longboarder
Yeah I noticed that as well. But I had a 200 pound passenger when I ran the Vette and no passenger when I ran Ken.

My 60-130's are typically a half second slower with a larger passenger.
Makes sense, although it appears you both had a passenger when you each ran the 'vette! Either way, great videos, you both probably have a pair of the fastest 997TT out there...amazing runs. Thanks for sharing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Champion 68VTGs 1/2 Mile Racing