997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Solid bushings for 997.2 TT/TTS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:22 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Solid bushings for 997.2 TT/TTS.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to get solid bushings/end links for the 997.2 TT/TTS? Additionally, are there any unwanted/negative effects of doing this besides the obvious increased NVH? Looking for a better steering response and reaction time to driver input over factory. It's the first thing I did on my Boss 302 and it made a night/day difference. I would imagine the same would be for the 997.2 (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Not looking to change the ride height unless I can still get over speed bumps without going side ways and get down my driveway (kinda has that hump at the bottom like most AZ homes), and avoid losing PASM.

Edit: should I just call GMG?

Thanks!

Last edited by guab; 11-22-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:20 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by guab
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to get solid bushings/end links for the 997.2 TT/TTS? Additionally, are there any unwanted/negative effects of doing this besides the obvious increased NVH? Looking for a better steering response and reaction time to driver input over factory. It's the first thing I did on my Boss 302 and it made a night/day difference. I would imagine the same would be for the 997.2 (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Not looking to change the ride height unless I can still get over speed bumps without going side ways and get down my driveway (kinda has that hump at the bottom like most AZ homes), and avoid losing PASM.

Edit: should I just call GMG?

Thanks!
Tarret Engineering will be your favorite toy store for this Holiday Season . Lower prices, great reputation, great quality, great customer support:
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...nsion/list.htm

You might want to check first page of the Bilstein link in my signature for some overview of suspension mods. And yes 997.2 suspension for my taste could use a little stiffening; it will transform the car.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:47 AM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you!!!

This is a great reference post in your signature and will help me immensely.

On slightly off camber downslope turns at high rate of speed, the car feels a bit uneasy due to the reduced steering feel (can't tell what it is wanting to do), tendency to understeer, and what feels like a lack of grip (which makes you get the feeling you're going to roll off the side of a cliff). My Boss 302 felt planted through the same turn at a higher rate of speed... though it did have R888's (295 front/325 rear) with solid bushings on everything. Granted, that Mustang out ran the Turbo S at Laguna Seca from the factory.

On normal camber situations the Porsche feels a lot better, but still lacks that steering feel and massively understeer (it wants to hop around turns at high rate of speed).

I'm probably just nit picking. I do understand the Turbo was never designed to handle like a GT3, nor could it due to the AWD. Just looking to make things feel more planted in off camber situations so that the vehicle feels more confident canyon carving.

I think sway bars and camber adjustment should also help the car.... would love larger front tires but don't want to play with fire.

Last edited by guab; 11-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
The solid subframe bushings are a worthwhile addition to a track car. For a street car, I don't really see the point. There is no additional NVH I can perceive on my car from the bushings but everything is monoball on my car already. It does raise the subframes relative to the body of the car about 5mm so it does help correct the geometry on lowered cars. It's a good mod for heavily tracked cars but I doubt you'd be able to tell much if any difference on a street car. If your suspension or engine is coming out for some reason I'd probably do it. It depends what your goals are.

With that said, don't even bother doing it with the subframes in the car. I installed the Tarett solid bushing this spring. The easiest way to do it is to unbolt the upper rear shock towers from the body, unbolt the calipers and hang them in the wheel well, disconnect the parking brake cable, disconnect the axles, and then drop the complete rear subframe from the car. With a 4 post lift it's easy as you can just raise the car off the rear subframe. Once you have it removed the bushings are easily accessible. The ones on my car were basically pressed into the subframes and it took some work with and air tool to literally chisel them free. Several of them came out easy, but 3 of them took a lot of persuasion. I would say it's about 4-6 hours of labor to do this plus alignment.

__

Old 11-23-2014, 01:42 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. I would prefer not to add NVH, but don't mind a minor increase considering I'm already adding a race exhaust kit to it.

My initial thought was to convert everything to monoball, lower it, do thrust arm/bushings, bumpsteer, sway bars (stiffer front, softer rear), toe steer, dog bones, camber adjustment, BBS FI wheels, and either R888's or n spec cups.

Goals are better handling for canyon carving and roll race events, and some weekend fun. Certainly not an all out track car -- I just bought an E30 spec car for that purpose.

Last edited by guab; 11-23-2014 at 01:44 PM.