997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Lightest / Best sounding exhaust

Old 12-04-2014, 11:19 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
John,

I'll have a review up soon and some sound clips Just waiting on my tips to come next week and my Cobb AP as well. Then the fun starts

Old 12-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it, Brett! That's going to be a fantastic 1-2 punch for your car. The 997.2tt's are very quick with just a flash and a good flowing exhaust...Nice!

You have to bear in mind though that the 997.2TT is a whole different animal than the .1TT like Bobby's car when it comes to exhaust sound. The .2TT motor is extremely quiet by nature and no matter what you do, it is impossible to achieve the same level of sound as the .1TT's.

That said, by going with your choice of the 3" X-Pipe, you have really opened it up, which is what it takes to get the sound out on the .2TT platform...between the two mods, your car is going to be totally transformed and a force to be reckoned with :-) Not to mention a blast to drive - Enjoy!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-05-2014, 07:37 AM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Yep -- that's very true and am aware -- but I'm certain it will still sound way better than factory!

Also looks like Porsche N. Scottsdale is pretty mod friendly, so that's good news too... was waiting to order the Cobb AP until I talked with them.

Last edited by guab; 12-05-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
I don't want to start another "best sounding thread." Currently own a EP2, looking into a lighter and better performing system. 3" straight pipes wouldn't bother me but, I do have emissions to pass from time to time. A straight pipe system would have to have the ability to swap a cat pipe for actual cats "when not at the track of course."

What's your thoughts?

If you are looking for the lightest, it doesn't get much lighter then this!

http://www.fabspeed.com/997-turbo-mu...xhaust-system/

I can also offer you a set of straight pipes to swap in so that you will have both options (catted and non-catted).

Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
My son just quickly put this together of different clips of my Speedtech from last year. There is some inside, outside drive offs, idle and high rev clips.

I will get some clips with someone following me on the streets this spring.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:28 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Bobby,

Tell your son, Nice job! I understand the work that it takes for the intro and outro that has become part of the video presentation.

Additional footage has helped me understand the "invasive" projection the exhaust.

I like it!

Have you ever tracked the car after installation?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
My son really didn't do too much editing compared to his other vids, but I asked him to do this more for compiling the different vids. I did tell him you liked his video.

Lord willing this spring / summer I would like to track it and would let you know how it goes!

Originally Posted by elite1
Bobby,

Tell your son, Nice job! I understand the work that it takes for the intro and outro that has become part of the video presentation.

Additional footage has helped me understand the "invasive" projection the exhaust.

I like it!

Have you ever tracked the car after installation?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
If you want lightest and best sounding you are really down to only 3 options. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Kline inconel. But get the 2.75 or 3 inch system with cats if you want to pass emissions. Or if you want only slightly louder than stock get their 2.5 inch system with 100 cell cats. I weighed their 2.5 inch with no cats at 12 pounds. Cats probably add another 5?

Qucksilver titanium is the same weight and uses OEM cats.

BBI. I don't know how much it weighs exactly but it's a very light steel 3 inch system an sounds great.

Don't buy any other brand or believe any hype.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
In a few days one of our customers is going to install his 3 inch Kline Inconel decat system. I think we are looking at 13 pounds with tips!

Will let everyone judge the sound.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
have to say that Speedtech sounds the business Bobby!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Our Titanium cross pipe is just 6.1 pounds and currently fitted on our GT2 Demonstrator http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/P...ctbulletin.htm

Old 03-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by IMI A
have to say that Speedtech sounds the business Bobby!

Thanks for the compliment, but my exhaust sounds the "business", as much as your wheels look the business!! Clean looking car especially with those F1's!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up Thanks Bobby!