997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Cobb custom dyno and 250 mile review....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
My Cobb custom dyno and 250 mile review....

Questions welcomed

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	409891  
Old 12-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Where is the review?

And what was the difference btwn the 3 runs.

Stock, stage 1, sport mode, mods ect

Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Ok...so after driving the car for sometime and putting it threw its paces have to say that these gains are real ....but more important then all this is how smooth the car is...don't really know how to explain it but the car just pulls quiet at all rpms and part throttle inputs are really dialed in...the first pull was canned tune with cargraphic exaust and ams cooler kit the rest were done with cobb tune added...me and garth were curious to see how well the ams cooler dealt with big pulls so we ran 3 dynos in a row...1st threw 4 gear...diff in power was only a loss of 12 hp...that's a huge and these coolers are as advertised..on the street for those who feel that these coolers lose boost response..quite the opposite ..these numbers don't tell you how responsive the car is at 2200 rpms...my old setup felt weak till 3500 with not much diffrence or in character below that....I'm telling you guys this thing pulls nice and from 2500 to 3500 it's just a different car....
The chareter of the car and noise of the car fells like it will suck small kids threw the intake...turbos are heard from 3 blocks away...(so my neibor says)..
Big a+++++ for thesee mods...I'm sure I'm missing something so I'll add info as the thread goes along....big thanks to the guys at undercover they went beyond there call of duty to make me happy...thank you guys...big props to all the mod company's ...you all did a great job.....
Just a side note I'm feeling that after 2 years of owning my cargraphic ..it's up for sale...I'm looking for a different sound from the car....if anyone is intrested the exaust has 5k miles on it...we can meet at undercover and workout a exchange....pm me for detail ...undercover will be posting this exaust in the for sale section....thanks all for my ramble....john

Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Wow!! Garth is doing a great job with all these cars! Great gains!

Enjoy the car!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
wow. congrats! ive been waiting for this report. ive been torn between where to take my car. since im in long island, a good friend of mine recommended me to tkx and to use the evoms platform. can anyone who's had experience in using both the evoms, and cobb chime in ?? sorry for thread jacking.. id love to meet up and do some pulls together. i drive to bushwick/east williamsburg everyday.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
hey bk boosting, do you know if undercover tunes anyother platforms? i have a few other toys that needs tunes. aem ems-4, aem series 2?

Old 12-16-2014, 11:06 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Hey Bud - I too got the Cobb tune, I'm just wondering what Boost levels are you running?

Old 12-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Taeisallin
hey bk boosting, do you know if undercover tunes anyother platforms? i have a few other toys that needs tunes. aem ems-4, aem series 2?
We absolutely do. From Drag Cars to jet skis and snow mobiles. We primarily came from Stand Alone EMS and are happy to work with you on most any project.

Thanks,
Garth

Old 12-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by PenguiN
Hey Bud - I too got the Cobb tune, I'm just wondering what Boost levels are you running?
17.5 psi...

Old 12-16-2014, 01:07 PM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
17.5 psi...
Nice - Running good with rather conservative tune. I'll be running 23psi so I will post up my results as well. Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
What HP & TQ does a sock TT put down? Looks like the canned tune did nothing?

Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
It's a conservitve tune...I thought the same thing..and realized that tune would put down 470 hp with 485 tq on dyno jet....these numbers are a guess but it's fair to say that mustang dynos read 12-15% lower.....

Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
If i had to guess run 1 is stock. Run 2 canned and run 3 custom but OP didnt answer my question.

And the canned tune most certainly does something.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-18-2014, 08:18 PM
This is a 100% stock 11k manual 997.1 here at undercover and