997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evolution Motorsports Sets 997tt Dyno Record-1518whp and Porsche Half-Mile US Record

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos!! Keep on Truckin'......

Old 12-17-2014, 09:44 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Congrats Anthony! Go set some more records..

Tim
Thanks Tim!

Old 12-17-2014, 09:45 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997
That's just plain CRAZY!!!!

Have you had any issues with the front differential while putting down all this power?

Congrats!
Front Dif is fine for now, if there is an issue I'll let everyone know!

Old 12-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by greekc6
Congrats Anthony. Well deserved. Keep on breaking some records.
Thanks brother! Looking forward to seeing your beast in Texas!

Old 12-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Simply stunning and amazing... Can't say I'm too surprised I mean it's you guys again after all...

Well done Evoms you guys keep on pushing the envelope in so many areas.

I can't wait to see where you go with that "other" turbo...

PS and the gen2 turbo stuff is exciting too!
Haha Evoms is just simply amazing. Can't wait to see there 1600whp shop car run!

Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Amazing work Anthony. From talking to you I knew you were going to destroy the record books and you accomplished that on day one! Congrats.
Thanks bud, it's just nice to see everything come together!

Old 12-17-2014, 02:49 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
we put down 1500+awhp in 2nd gear and she hooked it all.
Originally Posted by yumaverick
when the trans gets back i'll do some dedicated runs...hoping for 2.6-2.7
omfg.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:53 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Congratulations Anthony. Great accomplishment on your first time ride in the car. It sure looks like Evoms delivered what they promised. I can't imagine how hooking 1500+awhp in 2nd gear would feel. How is your neck?

Looking forward to more pictures and videos of this beast.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:10 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
All I can say is way to "Represent" as over here on the east coast the 1/2 mile events are dominated by Ferrari and GTR's...I would love to see a 997 dominate the event. There is an event in Ocala FL in January run by wannaGOFAST...how about you make a road trip and come to Floirda and show them what a 997 is capable of...I know I would friggin love to see your car gooooooooooooo! Best of luck and keep us up to date on any new records!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:44 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY997
All I can say is way to "Represent" as over here on the east coast the 1/2 mile events are dominated by Ferrari and GTR's...I would love to see a 997 dominate the event. There is an event in Ocala FL in January run by wannaGOFAST...how about you make a road trip and come to Floirda and show them what a 997 is capable of...I know I would friggin love to see your car gooooooooooooo! Best of luck and keep us up to date on any new records!!!
Really Ferraris? I would think Lambos since they are AWD and have turbo/motor build and transmission kits. I would love to see 1,000hp + Ferraris though.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:06 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by longboarder
Really Ferraris? I would think Lambos since they are AWD and have turbo/motor build and transmission kits. I would love to see 1,000hp + Ferraris though.
Oops my bad...I thought I read that the top speed at their last event came from a 2,000whp Ferrari but you are correct...It was a Lambo Gallardo (see attached on the left)

But also attached on the right (to my point of my earlier post) is the result of all Porsche Turbo's in attendance...good but no where near the top!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambo.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	410054   Click image for larger version

Name:	WGF_PCAR.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	410056  
Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I did a double take at "The car did show 172mph in the 1/4 mile..." OMG!! Amazing build and early results...simply fantastic!

Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
I did a double take at "The car did show 172mph in the 1/4 mile..." OMG!! Amazing build and early results...simply fantastic!
Imagine if it was actually set up for the 1/4

Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys! Just posted a lot of pics in the original build thread. Shows what it takes to get a motor to hold this kind of power reliably. Check it out

Old 12-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Nice, Congrats
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-20-2014, 02:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
What a Christmas present!
Congrats
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports Sets 997tt Dyno Record-1518whp and Porsche Half-Mile US Record