997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Opinions PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:21 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Opinions PLEASE

Looking at a 2007 997tt CPO with 59K miles. ALL the scheduled maintenance has been done all with records with one dealer. It's a 2 owner car and everything checks out. It is Tip. Price 55k. Should I pull the trigger? Not my first 911 had a C4S Cab before. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
you could probably do better if you take your time. r u thinking of buying from roslyn porsche?
just would think that being the end of the year, price would fall alittle bit in the new year?
also, 2 owner car, cpo dont mean much in my opion.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like a pretty good price especially CPO, what options?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
^ I agree. Have a link?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:44 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Not Roslyn private out of state.
It is fully loaded with every option.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 AM
...including new summer tires now in storage and winter tires on the car now.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
why are you trying to talk yourself out of it?

Old 12-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Just a bit concerned because of the mileage even though CPO is up in a year that's all.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:57 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
If the maintenance is done by a reputable shop/dealer the mileage would not scare me too much. I think the pricing on these cars tends to tank as you go into the winter in the North Eastern states anyway. My buddy has his eye on a P car and pulled the trigger in December of last year as we were being pounded with snow. Saved quite a bit as it was a car he had his eye on for a while.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 PM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a good deal from the basics. Just checking out what is on the Porsche pre-owned search you find 3 2007 tips - 10k - 20k miles and from $74 - $80k offered. I did not run the private offers - but as we all know - they are usually cheaper.

Higher miles always bother me. Prob unjustified, but I'd rather pay up a little and have a car with fewer miles. Resale will be easier and you know more of what the car has been through. That being said, with a proper PPI I would think the higher mileage car should be ok.

The CPO option is attractive, but as you say, runs out shortly.

This one will need to be physically examined to make the final determination. Good luck.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
I like the deal, but miles don't bother me if properly maintained and previously owned by a meticulous detailer like me. I sold my C4S and I'm currently shopping for a turbo cab tip. I plan on keeping it a long time and probably going past 100k miles in it. It's resale will be bottomed out completely after 100k anyways, so I don't mind starting north of 50k and saving the money. All that said, condition is everything. I know what can be restored and what can't.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
if you are driving it why worried about higher miles if something expensive was going to break it would have. Yeah you have maintenance but you shouldnt have big ticket.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Man, I two years these cars might fetch $47k! That sucks. Man have I lost money! Should have never bought 4 years ago. Would have saved 30k

Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
Man, I two years these cars might fetch $47k! That sucks. Man have I lost money! Should have never bought 4 years ago. Would have saved 30k
They will settle around 55-60, higher Mile (60k) being on the lower then start to move back up.
You have to realize these are 100k less than the new turbos and while there is more performance based on the turbo, a 997.1 is still smoking just about everything else on the street and the 997.2 is smoking everything. I keep trying to like the new corvette because it would be an easy swap finance wise but I just cant. It looks more like an edgy Jag Coupe the more I look at it. A tip 997.1 is still running with the c7 Z06 straight line ( track hasnt been and realistically should lose but in different classes) and mines all mine so why change?

996 turbos the least desirable are still 35-50k. So I think once the masses realize that to get into a 991 its gonna cost them 150k even i n2-3 years they prices of the 997s will rise. Also the 997.1 will be very desirable with the Mezger engine. This is a controversial comment but with the ability to drive a stick going the way of the dodo, and the numbers I think the Tip 997.1s will be the more desirable car from a DD point where the 6sp might be from a collector point.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Squat
They will settle around 55-60, higher Mile (60k) being on the lower then start to move back up. You have to realize these are 100k less than the new turbos and while there is more performance based on the turbo, a 997.1 is still smoking just about everything else on the street and the 997.2 is smoking everything. I keep trying to like the new corvette because it would be an easy swap finance wise but I just cant. It looks more like an edgy Jag Coupe the more I look at it. A tip 997.1 is still running with the c7 Z06 straight line ( track hasnt been and realistically should lose but in different classes) and mines all mine so why change? 996 turbos the least desirable are still 35-50k. So I think once the masses realize that to get into a 991 its gonna cost them 150k even i n2-3 years they prices of the 997s will rise. Also the 997.1 will be very desirable with the Mezger engine. This is a controversial comment but with the ability to drive a stick going the way of the dodo, and the numbers I think the Tip 997.1s will be the more desirable car from a DD point where the 6sp might be from a collector point.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions PLEASE