997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Turbo 997.1 Stage .5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
****ing , I love it man!

"Take it out to a bar? expect half the time to walk out and some girl is sitting on the hood taking a picture. Look up what a hood costs..."
Lol same here, my favorite comment!

Congrats on the pickup, very interested to see the calipers behind the new wheels!

Old 01-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Zybane is on a distinguished road
Green calipers? Nice. You going for the 918 look?

Old 01-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
cant wait to see how the green calipers turn out!

Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Although not the goal to look like 918, that is definitely an obvious comparison!

Old 01-12-2015, 11:16 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Wheels are in. Calipers are off at the powder coaters... I expect to have them back Friday. So depending on other things I need to do this weekend I plan to be rolling by Monday!

brake lines capped.. easier to bleed later!

need to remove the decals from the center caps, paint gloss black to match wheels and then find a porsche logo decal...

Old 01-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the G/911 comparo. I was actually contemplating an 04-06 6spd gallardo when i got my car (along with R8 and GTR). This thread makes me happy i went with the 911.

1. Like your friend, Im not one for the attention.
2. I even researched it but the 911 is even a little more expensive in upkeep than i was expecting. I also came from a z06. Im actually surprised performance parts are so much more for the 911 vs the z. The G probably would have put me over the edge and i woulda been worried about it like you.
3. I drive a lot and on a lot of long trips. If you say the 911 is better in every way besides sound and attention that is good enough for me to stick with the 911.

Thanks again for the insight.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
No problem.. sounds like you made the right call.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 AM
Molabecirovic is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jordonmusser
Wheels are in. Calipers are off at the powder coaters... I expect to have them back Friday. So depending on other things I need to do this weekend I plan to be rolling by Monday!

brake lines capped.. easier to bleed later!

need to remove the decals from the center caps, paint gloss black to match wheels and then find a porsche logo decal...
I got similar wheels on mine from Ag and you will not be able to find any center caps to fit with the porsche logo. I ended up ordering stickers from http://3dcarstickers.com/product/custom/ . I am pretty happy about the result, I ordered black and white logo with a carbon background and they match very well with my gunmetal wheels. You do need to tell them the size in mm of the diameter of the sticker. My center caps that had a small lip around the perimeter (around 1/8 inch ) so I ordered the stickers to fit inside the lip as the stickers are about 1/8 inch thick.

I ordered my first set in black but the first set was to big.

I ended up ordering a second set in carbon.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info. I removed the AG logo and painted the centers gloss black for now.. but need something to fill that void!

Old 01-20-2015, 07:02 PM
calipers are done. Not sure how the hell rock auto has managed to take 11 days to (still not) get brake caliper seals to me that were in stock though

Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
WOW - Unique color man - can't wait to see them on!

Old 01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jordonmusser
calipers are done. Not sure how the hell rock auto has managed to take 11 days to (still not) get brake caliper seals to me that were in stock though

Might be the lighting, but it looks like signal green +1 for no defaulting to electric green or verde ithica

Old 01-21-2015, 01:37 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Those are the hotness. That's such a specific thing, what made you want to go wild with the brake caliper color?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:57 AM
in person is is similar to VI, with out the yellow or movement. Somewhere b/w Verde Ithica and Signal. He had a sample of what the powder coater called VI, and it was just too yellow at certain angles.

We'll see.. if I hate them once I get them in the wheels, ill re do them.

Since the car by its nature is very passive and clean (porsche's are naturally that way + my car is grey) I thought this might be a subtle way to make it stand out.

Remember, you only see about 30% of the caliper, and its tucked inside a wheel.. so even if it hot pink it doesnt seem quite as defined in the real world.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:18 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
can you tell me what kind of lift is that? where can i get one?

thanx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Turbo 997.1 Stage .5