997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another New 997.1 TT Owner Introduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:37 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice find, I almost pulled the trigger on this one the day it was put onto the market.
Keep us updated on how it turns out!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 AM
HenrySmith is on a distinguished road
For that price, you are lucky! Hope there are no issues under.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:26 AM
cpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful car and GREAT price. If you would like to sell the wheels, PM me with a number as I am interested. My 997.1 should be here in another 2 weeks!!!!

Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Great looking car at a great price Congratulations and welcome to the 6!

Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I would have had the car taken to the nearest porsche dealer to get the DME reading. Hope she is okay though. Let us know !

Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Cart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rob.boost
Very nice find, I almost pulled the trigger on this one the day it was put onto the market.
Keep us updated on how it turns out!
Why did you change your mind? I believed i was the first to call in. It was posted sometime last saturday, they are closed sunday, I pulled the trigger on it monday. lol

Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Cart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cpana75
Beautiful car and GREAT price. If you would like to sell the wheels, PM me with a number as I am interested. My 997.1 should be here in another 2 weeks!!!!
PM sent

Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by acf
I would have had the car taken to the nearest porsche dealer to get the DME reading. Hope she is okay though. Let us know !
Yep that is the plan, once i get it, i'll take it in for a DME reading just to get an idea of the previous drivers habits. But honestly at this point even if i were to find a few hard revs, its not that big of a deal in my book.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by HenrySmith
For that price, you are lucky! Hope there are no issues under.
Yep im really excited because after doing a bit of research on the production statistics of these 997.1tt, seems there are few that come in white/red in manual and with such low miles, i really cant complain for the price.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Great looking car at a great price Congratulations and welcome to the 6!
Thank you. I was a frequent ECS customer for e46 m3 parts. Now i guess i will be a customer for 997 turbo parts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Congrats!
Thanks!

Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM
sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !
Congrats. I've got the same combo (e46M3 IR/black and 997.1 TT).

Old 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Nice car, use it in good health.

Just wondering if your near me, where in NY are you located? I'm on the Island.

Originally Posted by Cart13r
Hi Everyone;

I have been lurking around this site for a while and finally want to formally introduce myself. I've been on the look out for a 997 TT for the past 6 months and have found the right one for myself.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8747/overview/

The link above is the one i have purchased. It is on its way to me in NY from Kansas! Im super excited. I feel like after 6 months of searching, i was able to snag this sick deal. White over terracotta with only 27k miles!! I was even able to nego the price lower by a little, including refinishing the lip, new brake pads, and clear protecting film all around.

Looking at carfax records, it seems to be well taken care of. Only thing i see is that its had the coolant leak fixed (which is a well known issue). Car seems to come with 20" Techart Forumla II rims, Techart exhaust tips (at the moment, im not sure if its just the tips or the entire exhaust), smoked tail lights, and also i see the interior was upgraded to carbon fiber trim.

I was coming from an E46 imola red M3 and in fact i still have it. Owned it for quite some time (8 years) and just felt the need to upgrade. Naturally Porsche was the way to go.

My future plans for this car is to swap out the rims as 20" is too big for my taste also with NYC roads will take quite a toll on them. I also want to change the smoked tail lights back to stock red tail lights. Last but least, I dont like the Techart exhaust tips, looking for a dual tip look.

Anyways I have a long road ahead of me so i'll be looking forward to making new friends and taking advantage of all of the useful info off of this forum.

Vinny

Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Haha, I called on this car, and it was already gone. Sounds like it is in the right hands!!! Congrats.

X...

Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Xander
Haha, I called on this car, and it was already gone. Sounds like it is in the right hands!!! Congrats.

X...
Yep. I learned after 6 months of searching on this car, you have to be quick for the good deals and colors. A month ago, there was a red/black with 36k miles going for 63g. It was sold within hours.

White was my top choice, then red. Trying to avoid red because my M3 was red.

So it all worked out in the end.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cart13r
Thank you. I was a frequent ECS customer for e46 m3 parts. Now i guess i will be a customer for 997 turbo parts
Awesome news. If you ever need anything or have a question about something feel free to PM anytime.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another New 997.1 TT Owner Introduction