997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

wannaGOFAST - Ocala

Old 01-19-2015, 06:20 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
wannaGOFAST - Ocala

I was just wondering if anyone is planning to either run or go watch the wannaGOFAST event in Ocala Florida this coming weekend???

Here in Tampa is sounds like a lot of cars are going up?

Also from what I gather I should feel lucky that I got in for Saturday's event and will be running. This is my first 1/2 mile event and I am going to run "stock"...well except for my SACHS 2.5 clutch and of course I will have the "Sport" button engaged so that I can set a baseline for my car...then let the tuning begin...LOL

One more thing...has anyone done a 1/2 mile event in a stock 997.1 TT and what should I expect as a range for mph???

Thanks and hope to meet some of you there on Saturday

Old 01-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Thered300zx is on a distinguished road
I also would be interested in knowing the stock trap speed at the 1/2 mile. I will be entering wannagofast's event in Virginia in the spring. It would be nice to get an idea of what I should expect so that I don't get my hopes up too high

Old 01-19-2015, 11:33 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Thered300zx
I also would be interested in knowing the stock trap speed at the 1/2 mile. I will be entering wannagofast's event in Virginia in the spring. It would be nice to get an idea of what I should expect so that I don't get my hopes up too high
Very cool...I would love to make the trip up and do the one in Virginia but work will get in the way. I am hoping to maybe make the one in Georgia in September???

On results, I am trying to set my expectations as well. Attached are the results of all Porsche Turbo's from the Georgia event last year...however, it is hard to know if they are stock etc...and some of these are company built cars...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WGF_results.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	412256  
Old 01-19-2015, 11:45 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY997
Very cool...I would love to make the trip up and do the one in Virginia but work will get in the way. I am hoping to maybe make the one in Georgia in September???

On results, I am trying to set my expectations as well. Attached are the results of all Porsche Turbo's from the Georgia event last year...however, it is hard to know if they are stock etc...and some of these are company built cars...
Alpha 9 car will almost run 152 mph in the 1/4 mile, never mind the 1/2 mile. Obviously a mistake or the car was having major issues.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:47 AM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Good luck and have fun out there! I have a few friends making the trek from NY with a badass Switzer "Goliath" GT-r

Old 01-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Thered300zx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MY997

Those results seem all over the board and inconsistent. I am hoping that with exhaust and Cobb tune, I can be somewhere in the 150-160 range, although I doubt I will do any runs from a dig (trying to preserve the clutch as long as possible)

Old 01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Alpha 9 car will almost run 152 mph in the 1/4 mile, never mind the 1/2 mile. Obviously a mistake or the car was having major issues.
from the results it only made three passes and that was the fastest one???

Old 01-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Thered300zx
Those results seem all over the board and inconsistent. I am hoping that with exhaust and Cobb tune, I can be somewhere in the 150-160 range, although I doubt I will do any runs from a dig (trying to preserve the clutch as long as possible)
I hear you and I plan to NOT run mine from a dig either...I am thinking if I could somehow get close to 150 "stock" that would be doing pretty good but I am only guessing???

Old 01-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Good luck and have fun out there! I have a few friends making the trek from NY with a badass Switzer "Goliath" GT-r
Cool...all the way from NY. I am sure there will be multiple GTR's in attendance. Should be fun to watch as well as run.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have run clayton every yr since it started. last yr was 159.2 at 5000 d/a with 650 rwhp
running from a roll will cost you about 3 mph do the dig! you should see midway thru 5th gear at the traps. up thru 4th and into 5th the car really gets moving. you should see close to 500 or neg d/a in fl so have fun race safe!!

gtr's are fast but then lambos have found the half mile and they rule the track. clayton saw 219 mph in a ugr 2r and prestige auto runs 2 gallardos with heffner power at ran 216 and 218 mph. they also have a new huracan that they have built specifically for the half mile vengeance racing is bringing a zo6 with 1800 rwhp as well.

Last edited by 32krazy!; 01-19-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:49 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
You should run 150ish with a launch. You won't hurt your clutch with stock power.

At 1518whp setting I ran a 212.xx in the half mile. Shooting for 218.xx eventually. Best of luck to you!

Anthony

Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have run clayton every yr since it started. last yr was 159.2 at 5000 d/a with 650 rwhp
running from a roll will cost you about 3 mph do the dig! you should see midway thru 5th gear at the traps. up thru 4th and into 5th the car really gets moving. you should see close to 500 or neg d/a in fl so have fun race safe!!
Thanks for the info and I definetly will try to run from a dig...

gtr's are fast but then lambos have found the half mile and they rule the track. clayton saw 219 mph in a ugr 2r and prestige auto runs 2 gallardos with heffner power at ran 216 and 218 mph. they also have a new huracan that they have built specifically for the half mile vengeance racing is bringing a zo6 with 1800 rwhp as well.
I cannot wait to see and some of these cars run...

Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by yumaverick
You should run 150ish with a launch. You won't hurt your clutch with stock power.

At 1518whp setting I ran a 212.xx in the half mile. Shooting for 218.xx eventually. Best of luck to you!
Anthony,

Oh I know all about your car...I have followed your build. You and Evoms have done some amazing things. My first goal is 600hp with the Evoms tune. My dealership has a Motorsports division who does Evoms tunes...their top guy has flown out to AZ a few times and learned from them. I am looking forward to setting a baseline this weekend and then start slowly building from there...I just have not decided how far I want or can afford to go...thanks for responding and hope to make the TT population proud with a good run!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Things to take if you can
Canopy chairs cooler water sandwiches change of shirts (3) socks hat helmet tire gauge torque wrench small hand tools.

It's a long day with little shade get ready to sweat while waiting to run and shade while relaxing is a big help. You will know after 3 passes what your car will do. No need to beat on it unless you can control boost hp etc. do a shakedown pass then a couple more watch for a few hrs when it's hot then 1 more at the end of the day ENJOY!!

Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Things to take if you can
Canopy chairs cooler water sandwiches change of shirts (3) socks hat helmet tire gauge torque wrench small hand tools.
Thank you very much and very good tips. I have a buddy (pit crew) coming in a truck and bringing a tent, chairs, compressor, tools, jack, etc...I will have my helmet and money...LOL

It's a long day with little shade get ready to sweat while waiting to run and shade while relaxing is a big help. You will know after 3 passes what your car will do. No need to beat on it unless you can control boost hp etc. do a shakedown pass then a couple more watch for a few hrs when it's hot then 1 more at the end of the day ENJOY!!
I hear you on the runs as I already told my buddy I will probably feel it out on the first or first two runs and then on the third really try to go for it...and like you said if that run goes great...than no reason to beat on the car any more...well??? Maybe one more for the experience??? LOL

Problem is right now there is a very good chance of rain in the morning that day (hope weather person is wrong...as usual) with sun in the afternoon so the amount of runs may be limited anyway...but heat won't be a problem as the high is suppsoed to be 61 that day in Ocala.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wannaGOFAST - Ocala