997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC's DSC quick review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:36 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Thought I'd give my 2 cents on this post as I've had this mod on the car and have 5 track days with it also....to be honest the system is so good that you could built a legit track/ street car with ease ...the difference on the track is huge and you don't get the feeling the motor is trying to fling you off the track...almost like the car feels mid engine.....
To my understanding this system works on steering angle and speed so if your going slow and just slightly turn the wheel it's comfy...it also can tell when your driving fast with the steering input you use ...hack at the wheel at speed and it just adjust all your shocks front and back to help you get threw the turn...the harder you turn the tighter it gets.....love it...gmg springs and this and for now I'm happy...
Agree 100%, the module is simply amazing and makes our cars even better on both street and track!!

Old 02-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Can I get a quick run down on what's the difference between the module with 3 settings and the one with 2...didn't realize that there was a updated version...does it make a huge difference...

Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911TurboRules
Hi Harris,

I have one of the original DSC modules for my car and really love it. Have had it for more than 2 years of track and street use. Love it!

I have the firmware with the 3 modes with blinking LEDs. How can I update my firmware to get the latest firmware with the 2 modes? I went to the DSC website but there wasn't anything to download for the 997.2 911.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul,

Just sent you an email with details on how to get your module in for an update. For the Porsche cars to update from the 3 mode to 2 mode, you do have to ship the module back to TPC Racing and we will update the firmware and file in the box.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Can I get a quick run down on what's the difference between the module with 3 settings and the one with 2...didn't realize that there was a updated version...does it make a huge difference...
The new 2 mode setting does make a nice difference in improved ride quality and handling. We have merged modes 2 and 3 which makes a nice difference. Also with this update, the PASM switch will work like stock and "PASM Normal" and "PASM Sport" will come up on the dash like factory. This also eliminates any blinking lights. Mode 2 is still nice for driving, but with the way that we were able to merge the mode 2 and 3 settings, it feels more like mode 3 as you lean into the car harder and harder if that makes sense.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:15 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Received my module back from Harris @ TPC, and its incredible.

The blend of modes 2 and 3 is spectacular and it's nice to have it behave normally in the gauge cluster as well.

Thanks again for the great service and product

Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmm.. maybe I will get one this year...............

Old 04-04-2017, 05:36 AM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by acf
Hmmmm.. maybe I will get one this year...............
It's expensive, but a great improvement and cheaper than new coil overs. If you decide to upgrade those later, they usually sell fast.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 AM
austx911 will become famous soon enoughaustx911 will become famous soon enough
I'm giving the DSC a try. Just ordered one. Sounds like a nice compromise to an expensive coilover set.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:14 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Hi Harris,

Posting this note publicly as opposed to PM, as I think some Canadians may have the same question, and you may know the answer if you have dealt with cross boarder firmware update/replacement.

Would you know, if I ship my TPC unit to you for the firmware update, if there will be duties needed to be paid on your side or on mine upon return?

I would imagine not, but curious if this is something you have come up on and would know.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:50 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Is there a cost for the firmware update? If not then there shouldn't be any duty or tax due when it comes back to Canada. But that's no guarantee, lol.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Hey Bogg, No cost for the update.
Just spoke to Harris, and he was of the same opinion. Today I confirmed it with FedEx. So it looks like as long as its marked return and repair, then there should be no duties.

I sent mine back for the update today.

Last edited by pureporsche; 04-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:23 PM
austx911 will become famous soon enoughaustx911 will become famous soon enough
Street Test Drive

Originally Posted by austx911
I'm giving the DSC a try. Just ordered one. Sounds like a nice compromise to an expensive coilover set.
Wow, what an improvement over stock! I just installed the DSC and took it for a test drive. I'm always in sport mode with psm off. I have GMG lowering springs with HR sways. Now with DSC the suspension is still firm but not nearly as jolting; feels more planted. For value and ease of install this is one of my favorite mods to date.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by austx911
Wow, what an improvement over stock! I just installed the DSC and took it for a test drive. I'm always in sport mode with psm off. I have GMG lowering springs with HR sways. Now with DSC the suspension is still firm but not nearly as jolting; feels more planted. For value and ease of install this is one of my favorite mods to date.
All these people can not be wrong ....I want one of these!

Stupid exchange USD vs CDN exchange is 34%!! Just two years ago we were on par!!

Old 04-10-2017, 04:11 AM
El Dario Loco is on a distinguished road
I'm getting one next time I'm in the states. Ordering online would result in additional 50% costs including shipping and various taxes. So sick of the wobbly, floaty feel on a car that is otherwise awesome.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:29 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Hi Harris,

Posting this note publicly as opposed to PM, as I think some Canadians may have the same question, and you may know the answer if you have dealt with cross boarder firmware update/replacement.

Would you know, if I ship my TPC unit to you for the firmware update, if there will be duties needed to be paid on your side or on mine upon return?

I would imagine not, but curious if this is something you have come up on and would know.
We use FedEx for all of our shipping. When doing any sort of ECU or DSC updates or repairs outside of the USA, it is considered "return and repair". That means that there is no duties cost on your end when it is shipped back to you.

In regards to the firmware update and just to have it out there in the public, there is no cost to update the firmware if you are the original owner of the DSC Sport module. Also, the owner is responsible for shipping costs. We have gotten a lot of questions on this, so I just wanted to add this to the thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC's DSC quick review...